Toronto; 12 clear nights

Old February 6th 05, 10:38 AM
RichA

Default Toronto; 12 clear nights

I'm just wondering when it might end?
Seems like prior to this, we had something
like 2 months of almost solid cloud.
No matter; It's nice to be able to observe
on a whim and not have to sit hoping all day
the sky might clear up!
-Rich
Old February 6th 05, 11:03 AM
Amyotte

I am near Peterborough, Ontario and get out in the morning also. No
neighbours lights. Fog sets in early though with the warmer temperatures.

Brian

Old February 6th 05, 04:16 PM
Wayne Howell

RichA wrote:
I'm just wondering when it might end?
Seems like prior to this, we had something
like 2 months of almost solid cloud.
No matter; It's nice to be able to observe
on a whim and not have to sit hoping all day
the sky might clear up!
-Rich

WOW!! That's just about annual total up here in the upper left corner!
At least, the total for dark nights without a bright moon.

I'm seriously considering to do a study to find out why, when the moon
is dark, it is cloudy, and when the moon is bright, the skies are clear.

Wayne Howell
Photon Phlats Observatory
Port Townsend, WA
Old February 6th 05, 04:27 PM
Davoud

RichA:
...Seems like prior to this, we had something
like 2 months of almost solid cloud...

We who live in eastern N.A. deserve our clear weather; the weather gods
owe us big time for those two months.

Davoud