The hexagon of Saturn

Old July 30th 18, 07:38 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Gerald Kelleher

Default The hexagon of Saturn

https://www.wildernessireland.com/wp...eway-small.jpg

It occurred to me on a visit to the Giant's Causeway in Northern Ireland that the same background conditions which create hexagons, everything from the structure of snowflakes to these basalt structures contain electromagnetic signatures that operate at all levels of nature. Unfortunately researchers try to impose experimental sciences directly on long term astronomical observations, they lose out on the scaling up of individual structures from crystals to large scale planetary or even stellar features.

https://www.nature.com/articles/ncomms13038/figures/1

The idea that Saturn's hexagon is influenced by electromagnetic signatures and the right atmospheric composition is not stretching credulity however the framework to pursue this speculative notion is blocked by an irrational adherence to late 17th century ideologies which tried to account for long term astronomical observations in experimental terms.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...i-20140402.jpg

Even though my interest is in quasicrystal growth using quasi-periodic tiling as a means to generalise their structure in geometric terms as a framework for other structures in terms of efficiency and beauty, there is no reason why researchers shouldn't move up and down the scale of size and structures using electromagnetic influences.

Old July 31st 18, 08:50 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Gerald Kelleher

Creation and especially on our home planet, at whatever level, has an inspirational geometry to it so it always brings that awakening of joy when I remember the evening almost 30 years ago when I glimpsed a bridging geometry to what is called the 'Divine Proportion'.

https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/a...ossible-matter

Our ancestors understood some of the mystery behind a specific geometry they were surrounded by including the great cycles which seem to dovetail with visible natural forms. While our race has lost the ability to act as a community is projecting their intimacy of understanding with visible nature, it is each individual which must now tap into an encompassing geometry which lights up every day in so many, many ways therefore it is an exercise to feel more rather than no more.