global warming hoax

Old November 22nd 09, 02:27 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
David Staup

Default global warming hoax

"Quadibloc" wrote in message
On Nov 21, 4:00 pm, "David Staup" wrote:

as has been clear to a casual HONEST observer global warming is junk
science
and fraud perpetuated by certain people for thier own profit and advocated
by others who know nothing of the truth and human nature.

what say you now?

I say you're crazy.

Anthropogenic global warming is not junk science. It is recognized as
*valid* science by the overwhelming majority of scientists. There are
a few objectors, yes - and their number becomes significantly fewer
when you exclude likely corporate shills.

However, I will grant you this: trying to give up fossil fuels in
favor of warm and fuzzy renewable energy sources like solar power,
wind power, geothermal... would lead to a reduction in our industrial
capacity. Even if the decline in living standards could be tolerated
as a necessity, there is still the question of the industrial base
needed for national defense; the world still has well-armed
dictatorships in it, like mainland China - and also Russia, it
strongly appears.

Fortunately, there is a way out. Nuclear power. The facts are not so
unpleasant that they can't be faced.

John Savard

the advancement of mankind and civilazation has followed closely the advance
of energy availability. first from cooperative effort and slavery, then
beasts of burden and wind/ hydro power, then fossil fuels and nuclear power.
the next step function increase will likely come from fusion or something
even more exotic.

other than that I don't accept your premise that consensis exists and/or if
it does that it reflects the facts. the history of science is littered with
examples of bad science becomming ingrained in the minds of otherwise
brilliant men and has been responsible for many "truths" being held back,
sometimes for centuries.

notice I didn't call you crazy or redicule your beliefs.. debate of any kind
is best served when minds are not closed and the acedimical philosophy
(mitigated skepticism is understood and utilized...read Hume

Old November 22nd 09, 03:04 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Dennis Woos

"David Staup" wrote in message
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ibd/20091120...091120issues01

as has been clear to a casual HONEST observer global warming is junk
science and fraud perpetuated by certain people for thier own profit and
advocated by others who know nothing of the truth and human nature.

what say you now?

I see where you are coming from. I especially like:

----
Indeed, in e-mails, they boast of twisting scientific data to suit their
views and to "hide" the truth. At one point, a scientist actually gloats
over the death of global warming skeptic John L. Daly, saying, "In an odd
way, this is cheering news."

If true, this is massive scientific fraud.

----

I wonder what the author could mean by "If true"? Did the scientist gloat,
or didn't he? And if he did gloat, what does that have to do with scientific
fraud? Thanks for sharing this wacko article - what a hoot.

Dennis

Old November 22nd 09, 03:14 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Quadibloc

On Nov 21, 6:27*pm, "David Staup" wrote:

notice I didn't call you crazy or redicule your beliefs.. debate of any kind
is best served when minds are not closed and the acedimical philosophy
(mitigated skepticism is understood and utilized...read Hume

It certainly is true that science progresses, and things that were
believed and widely accepted in the past as fact are now known to be
wrong.

Even so, when the accepted wisdom of the scientific community is
saying one thing, that is usually the way to bet 99% of the time.

A start to understanding why might be to read "Fads and Fallacies in
the Name of Science" by Martin Gardner.

Basically, global warming isn't rocket science. The Earth is not
nearly as hot as the Sun, so while the Sun radiates energy in the form
of light and short-wave infrared, the Earth radiates long-wave
infrared into space instead - which is why places cool off at night.
Carbon dioxide blocks long-wave infrared, and is warmed by it.

Measurements show that the oceans are more acidic than they once were,
and are absorbing less carbon dioxide from the atmosphere than they
once did.

There's no _reason_ to think that global warming is a colossal hoax.
Yes, some of the advocates of its seriousness are recommending that
things be done to stop global warming that would carry a heavy price
tag. If there were no other choices, global warming would indeed be
"an inconvenient truth" that people would prefer to ignore.

I think people shouldn't be fooled by the radical environmentalist
agenda _or_ the oil company agenda. There is another way.

John Savard
Old November 22nd 09, 03:15 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Chris L Peterson

On Sat, 21 Nov 2009 19:05:02 -0600, "David Staup"
wrote:

I knew enough to expect this from you. also enough education and
intelligence to have worked at Oak ridge national labs, Sandia national
labs, and Argonne national labs. had a top secret clearance and more than
enough intelligence to be a much sought after contractor. I was the first
to describe the proceedure for creating excellant lunar, solar, and
planetary images by taking and stacking thousands of frames. wrote an
article about it for sky and telescope in '03 even after I could no longer
image myself due to a disability caused by statin drugs....just what have
you done with your vast intelligence Chris?

If that's true, I'm sorry for your loss. It's terrible when people lose
their intelligence.

(BTW, myself, and many others, were using lucky imaging techniques-
stacking thousands of frames- well before 2003. I'm guessing from your
mental decline that you perhaps meant 1903?)

Regardless of what you dud in the past, your recent posts here
demonstrate that you are not competent in the area of science. The fact
that you don't believe in AGW is proof-positive of this, as much as not
believing in evolution, or not believing the Earth is a sphere.

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory
http://www.cloudbait.com
Old November 22nd 09, 04:30 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
yourmommycalled

On Nov 21, 7:05*pm, "David Staup" wrote:
"Chris L Peterson" wrote in messagenews:s81hg55brs3gtjicbe1vmfv3hl9hp7jc6j@4ax .com...

On Sat, 21 Nov 2009 17:00:17 -0600, "David Staup"
wrote:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ibd/20091120...091120issues01

as has been clear to a casual HONEST observer global warming is junk
science
and fraud perpetuated by certain people for thier own profit and advocated
by others who know nothing of the truth and human nature.

what say you now?

I say that you haven't demonstrated in the past sufficient education or
intelligence to even voice an opinion on the matter... or on any matters
of science.

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory
http://www.cloudbait.com

chuckle,
I knew enough to expect this from you. *also enough education and
intelligence to have worked at Oak ridge national labs, Sandia national
labs, and Argonne national labs. had a top secret clearance and more than
enough intelligence to be a much sought after contractor. *I was the first
to describe the proceedure for creating excellant lunar, solar, and
planetary images by taking and stacking thousands of frames. wrote an
article about it for sky and telescope in '03 even after I could no longer
image myself due to a disability caused by statin drugs....just what have
you done with your vast intelligence Chris?

Tis really sad to see the stupid puff themselves up to make themselves
feel better. If you really did work at Argonne, Oak Ridge and Sandia
with top secret clearance you wouldn't be bragging about it. Every
year when the ROTC students get ready to graduate someone from the
Defense Intelligence Agency visit with me and ask a series of
questions about each student. One question that gets asked is if the
ROTC student brags about current/future positions within the military
and if they talked about security clearance. I always wondered why
they asked this kind of question. The answer is simple "Lose Lips Sink
Ships" No one who would talk about their security clearance or
sensitive position (Sandia/Oak Ridge/Argonne) would ever be hired or
hold their job. Given your bragging it is clear you are another member
of the tinfoil hat brigade. You could even a basic background check
Old November 22nd 09, 04:33 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
yourmommycalled

On Nov 21, 7:12*pm, "David Staup" wrote:
Bite me

"Bob Lablaw" wrote in message

Take a hike you idiot !

"David Staup" wrote in message
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ibd/20091120...091120issues01

as has been clear to a casual HONEST observer global warming is junk
science and fraud perpetuated by certain people for thier own profit and
advocated by others who know nothing of the truth and human nature.

what say you now?

Ah yes! The wonderfully great scientist who's done all this research,
yet he can provide nothing to show for it. But can resort to
obscenities Scientist Yeah right
Old November 22nd 09, 04:58 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
spud

On Sat, 21 Nov 2009 19:15:04 -0700, Chris L Peterson
wrote:

...you don't believe in AGW...
_______________________________________________ __

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory
http://www.cloudbait.com

No warming for the next 10 years:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/7376301.stm

No warming for the last 11 years:

But the believers say Artic will be Ice Free in 20 years:
http://www.reuters.com/article/topNe...59E18W20091015

While Artic Sea Ice is no longer declining:
http://www.csmonitor.com/2007/0503/p13s01-wogi.html

And Polar Bear Populations are increasing:
http://www.csmonitor.com/2007/0503/p13s01-wogi.html

believe - is the right word, oh brilliant one...

Steve
Oregon
Old November 22nd 09, 05:45 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Chris L Peterson

On Sat, 21 Nov 2009 19:58:30 -0800, spud wrote:

No warming for the next 10 years:

I expect you'll be proven quite wrong. The evidence to the contrary is
pretty overwhelming.

Arguing with those who don't believe we are currently experiencing a
long term global warming trend, largely human produced, is like arguing
with Oriel. Pointless, because they selectively filter the evidence to
support their ideology.

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory
http://www.cloudbait.com
Old November 22nd 09, 06:14 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
L.A.T.[_3_]

"Bob Lablaw" wrote in message
Take a hike you idiot !

"David Staup" wrote in message
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ibd/20091120...091120issues01

as has been clear to a casual HONEST observer global warming is junk
science and fraud perpetuated by certain people for thier own profit and
advocated by others who know nothing of the truth and human nature.

what say you now?

Did you know that not one learned journal in the fields of Climate Research
foresaw the global financial crash?
Not one!
What say you now?

Old November 22nd 09, 06:28 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
spud

On Sat, 21 Nov 2009 21:45:57 -0700, Chris L Peterson
wrote:

On Sat, 21 Nov 2009 19:58:30 -0800, spud wrote:

No warming for the next 10 years:

I expect you'll be proven quite wrong. The evidence to the contrary is
pretty overwhelming.

Arguing with those who don't believe we are currently experiencing a
long term global warming trend, largely human produced, is like arguing
with Oriel. Pointless, because they selectively filter the evidence to
support their ideology.
_______________________________________________ __

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory
http://www.cloudbait.com

Oh briillant one...

So you willingly disregard the same gov't priests that are paid to
promote global warming if they don't write what you believe. That's
damn convenient. No requirement to be objective if you are a true
believer, eh?

But I'm not a CalTech alum and indoctrinated in uh, the believers
group think scientific methods. You know, fitting data to comply with
the agenda (er, uh theory?), and actually conspiring to stifle
opposing models.
http://features.csmonitor.com/enviro...t-in-a-teapot/

So it's time to tell me I'm uneducated, unread, unshaven, my intellect
can't possibly compare with your's and I spelled something wrong.

You know, your usual cowardly retort.

Steve
Oregon