Why does Sea Launch use non-zero inclination orbits?

Old January 15th 08, 01:23 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Alejandro Zuzek

Default Why does Sea Launch use non-zero inclination orbits?

From Spaceflight Now:

http://www.spaceflightnow.com/sealau...14preview.html

Sea Launch counting down for its return to flight

.... the stage will reach the launch's targeted egg-shaped
geosynchronous transfer orbit stretching from a low point of 457 miles
to a high point of about 22,327 miles. The rocket will aim for a
deployment orbital inclination of 6.2 degrees.

They are launching from the equator, the satellite will end up in GSO,
why does the GTO have a 6.2 degrees inclination?

Old January 15th 08, 02:07 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Craig Fink

Alejandro Zuzek wrote:

From Spaceflight Now:

http://www.spaceflightnow.com/sealau...14preview.html

Sea Launch counting down for its return to flight

... the stage will reach the launch's targeted egg-shaped
geosynchronous transfer orbit stretching from a low point of 457 miles
to a high point of about 22,327 miles. The rocket will aim for a
deployment orbital inclination of 6.2 degrees.

They are launching from the equator, the satellite will end up in GSO,
why does the GTO have a 6.2 degrees inclination?

Not sure, but I doubt there is much performance difference between 6.2
degrees and zero at the equator. There is a fairly big burn at apogee that
can be used to take out the 6.2 degrees.

I'd guess, it has to do with their range safety? Or, they want to leave
their trash at 6.2 degrees, I'd think a perigee of 457 miles will be an
orbital debris problem for quite some time. They should really have a lower
perigee, 10s of years instead of 100s or more. Just a guess.
Old January 15th 08, 03:15 PM posted to sci.space.policy
[email protected]

On Jan 15, 8:23 am, Alejandro Zuzek wrote:

They are launching from the equator, the satellite will end up in GSO,
why does the GTO have a 6.2 degrees inclination?

Why do people need to be spoonfed?
Simple googling provides the answer.

The spacecraft doesn't want a GSO but a 6.2 degree GEO.

Old January 15th 08, 03:49 PM posted to sci.space.policy
[email protected]

On Jan 15, 10:31 am, Craig Fink wrote:
wrote:
On Jan 15, 8:23 am, Alejandro Zuzek wrote:

They are launching from the equator, the satellite will end up in GSO,
why does the GTO have a 6.2 degrees inclination?

Why do people need to be spoonfed?

Ok, where is the spoon? It usually has an "http://" in front of it so we can
all see what you see. Thanks in advance.

Take the word "Thuraya" since it is the payload on the launch and do
a google search
One of the hits is a website http://www.thuraya.com/
Here is the hard part, use a educated eye and look at the site.
So where do I go? Not "products" or "services", since I don't want
to actually make a phone call.
how about "technology", since that might say something on how I can
make a phone call

Lo and behold, it is describing the satellites and there is a link for
"Thuraya-3 Mission Profile", the payload on this specific launch. And
on that page:
"the flight plan calls for deployment into a 6.2 degree inclined
orbit, an optimal orbital location for the Thuraya system."

Old January 15th 08, 04:21 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Craig Fink

wrote:
[...]

Thanks for the spoon,
http://www.thuraya.com/wp-content/fi...a-2-public.jpg
....explains why their coverage area isn't centered on the equator, but and
huge market centered around the owners...
http://www.thuraya.com/content/contact-us.html
....in the UAE, looks like they don't want to rely on their oil income
forever...This guy from the UAE likes Ron Paul...
http://youtube.com/watch?v=I8tWSvakXlA
....he's got a lot of videos...
http://youtube.com/profile?user=obaidkarki
....looks like he ****ed someone off in the UAE government...
Old January 15th 08, 06:06 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.space.shuttle
OM[_6_]

On Tue, 15 Jan 2008 07:15:48 -0800 (PST), wrote:

Why do people need to be spoonfed?

....Why do you have to be such a ****ing egotistical jerkwad? It's bad
enough that you continually respond to the trolls that plague this
group, but now you go and foist your textial diarrhea on someone who
asked a simple, legitimate question. He wasn't asking anyone to do his
homework for him, and yet you jumped his ass as if that was exactly
what he'd done.

....Personally, I've gotten sick of your self-centered, condescending,
egotistical attitude. You popped on here claiming to be some sort of
NASA engineer, and yet you've refused to give any proof to back your
credentials. And yet, you expect everyone to back down and cower when
you quiff? Yeah, well, **** *that* idea, son. It's obvious that you
need to come down off that high horse you rode in on, but since it has
a three-foot corncob attached to the saddle that's obviously
metastasized up your ass, it's quite probable that someone needs to
physically knock you down *hard*. Preferably with a 2x4 with a nail
sticking out for punctuation.

....I've been on the sci.space.* groups for over two decades now, and
with .history since its inception. We've seen egotistical schmucks
like you come and go because we wouldn't put up with their psychotic
demands that their every word be worshipped as if the Gospels. Most of
us even got tired of it from Dwayne Day, and what he posted was of far
superior quality to yours that your postings couldn't hold a candle
even if Henry, Mary, Lowther, Pat or myself were coaching you. The
only thing that separates you from a troll is that, unlike Guthball,
ElfNazi, Ian Parker, Eric Chumpko & his wife, Fred McCall, and the
rest of the trolling scum, there's actually *some* information in your
drivel that's worth taking note of. If only it weren't wrapped in your
highly overinflated levels of self-deification. Or is that
self-defication?

Bottom Line: A *LOT* of us have had enough. Pull that corncob out of
your ass, get with the program and start participating *with* the
regulars around here, or go **** yourself somewhere else. Enough is
enough.

OM
--
]=====================================[
] OMBlog -
Old January 15th 08, 06:52 PM posted to sci.space.policy, sci.space.history, sci.space.shuttle
Alejandro Zuzek

On Jan 15, 4:06 pm, OM wrote:
On Tue, 15 Jan 2008 07:15:48 -0800 (PST), wrote:
Why do people need to be spoonfed?

...Why do you have to be such a ****ing egotistical jerkwad? It's bad

(snip)

Bottom Line: A *LOT* of us have had enough. Pull that corncob out of
your ass, get with the program and start participating *with* the
regulars around here, or go **** yourself somewhere else. Enough is
enough.

Thanks OM, you expressed it far better as I could. I was about to
answer to him in a much softer tone when I saw your post. There is so
much noise in the sci.space groups that a simple, on topic question
should rank quite high.
I've been basically a lurker since 1998, occasionally asking a
question that would spawn an interesting discussion, but that's
basically it. My area of expertise is IT and there isn't much that I
can contribute here. I do miss Henry, I used him to detect interesting
threads.
Old January 15th 08, 07:25 PM posted to sci.space.policy, sci.space.history, sci.space.shuttle
[email protected]

On Jan 15, 1:06 pm, OM wrote:

You just showed what kind of person you are with that post. You have
joined the ranks with KT and Guth using that vulgarity. There is no
turning back. I won't stoop to your level. Not you mention, you
never were near mine

And which a "lot" of us. You speak for everyone?

Also "Most of us even got tired of it from Dwayne Day, ". That just
shows that your opinion means nothing and you have no creditability