strait diagonal

Old February 6th 05, 10:55 PM
Michael Barlow

Default strait diagonal

Is there a commercially made strait pipe that is as long as a
diagonal's optical length? 1.25 OD on one end and 1.25 ID on the other with
a tapped eye piece screw hole? My piggybacked refractor is set high enough
that I have to use the top step of a 4 step stepping stool if the diagonal
is upright and the next step down if it's off to the side. A strait pipe
would make it so much more convenient for my setup. Or what would the best
material to use to have a machine shop make one for me?
Michael A. Barlow

Old February 6th 05, 11:07 PM
Stephen Paul

Michael Barlow wrote:
Is there a commercially made strait pipe that is as long as a
diagonal's optical length? 1.25 OD on one end and 1.25 ID on the other with
a tapped eye piece screw hole? My piggybacked refractor is set high enough
that I have to use the top step of a 4 step stepping stool if the diagonal
is upright and the next step down if it's off to the side. A strait pipe
would make it so much more convenient for my setup. Or what would the best
material to use to have a machine shop make one for me?
Michael A. Barlow

You're looking for an extension tube.

What scope?

My Vixen extension tube(s) fit my Synta ST80.... I have two, 43mm each.
Old February 6th 05, 11:19 PM
Michael Barlow

"Stephen Paul" wrote in message
Michael Barlow wrote:
Is there a commercially made strait pipe that is as long as a
diagonal's optical length? 1.25 OD on one end and 1.25 ID on the other

with
a tapped eye piece screw hole? My piggybacked refractor is set high

enough
that I have to use the top step of a 4 step stepping stool if the

diagonal
is upright and the next step down if it's off to the side. A strait

pipe
would make it so much more convenient for my setup. Or what would the

best
material to use to have a machine shop make one for me?
Michael A. Barlow

You're looking for an extension tube.

What scope?

My Vixen extension tube(s) fit my Synta ST80.... I have two, 43mm each.

Exactly that, Orion ST80. I'll do a quick search for Vixen and look
around their site for this "extension tube". It's piggybacked on an LX90
that's mounted on a concrete pier that was going to be used for a refractor
so it was made purposely high. Now the LX90 is on there and it's too high.
Thanks,
--
Michael A. Barlow