WARNING! SCAM ebay auction!

Old August 7th 04, 02:12 PM
delyan

Default WARNING! SCAM ebay auction!

Attention to the ebay auction:
#3831978363
Meade 10" SCT Telescope F10 & Milburn Wedge

Seller "cbenavi" demanded immediate contact with interested buyer, than
removed item from ebay. I received email to make the deal directly and
agree with all payment, etc. conditions.
As "proof" of his seroiusness and fairness, he sent this "confirmation"
email from Ebay - which you see is a spoofed mail ( see header ).
PLEASE BE AWARE - he possible is going to do great damage!

Below I marked with "X" letter my private information - full unmodified
email already sent to Ebay.

Date: Sat, 7 Aug 2004 03:29:57 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: eBay notification

Email Body:
eBay notification

Dear XXXXXX,

At the request of cbenavi ) eBay
inform you that
the user temporally changed the location from 28 Benton Place, St
Louis, MO, 63104,
United States to 31 Rue Louis Loucheur, 69263, Lyon, France.

After verifications we confirm the seller's contact information and
also the
seller's eBay feedback so you can accept as a payment method the money
transfer
through Western Union.

Please continue with this deal as you are both fully insured against
fraud.

This is a courtesy notice. No response is needed.
Best regards,
eBay SafeHarbor Team

--- END OF EMAIL ---

Old August 7th 04, 10:18 PM
Paul Lawler

"delyan" wrote in message

Dear XXXXXX,

At the request of cbenavi ) eBay
inform you that
the user temporally changed the location from 28 Benton Place, St
Louis, MO, 63104,
United States to 31 Rue Louis Loucheur, 69263, Lyon, France.

After verifications we confirm the seller's contact information and
also the
seller's eBay feedback so you can accept as a payment method the money
transfer
through Western Union.

Please continue with this deal as you are both fully insured against
fraud.

This is a courtesy notice. No response is needed.
Best regards,
eBay SafeHarbor Team

--- END OF EMAIL ---

The bad grammar in the "SafeHarbor Team" e-mail is your furst clue. g

Old August 8th 04, 10:33 PM
Richard Tobin

In article , delyan wrote:

the user temporally changed the location

I like that phrase.

-- Richard