Orion Epic ED-2 vs Celestron X-Cel

Old August 29th 03, 07:49 PM
Zan Hecht

Default Orion Epic ED-2 vs Celestron X-Cel

I own a couple of the Orion Epic ED-2 series (3.7 and 12.3), and had a
25mm on backorder until the line was discontinued. I have been
advised by the shop I ordered from that the Celestron X-Cel eyepiece
is very similar to the Epic, and was wondering if anyone had a
comparison between the two (or just some experience with the X-Cel
25mm).

Also, the specs between the two seem identical, and both lines are
parafocal (within each line), and was wondering if anyone knew whether
the two lines are parafocal to each other (if not, I might return the
Epics and replace them with X-Cels).

Thanks.

-- Zan