NASA Encounters Possible Problems With Crew Launch Vehicle Design

Old January 25th 06, 07:28 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.station

Default NASA Encounters Possible Problems With Crew Launch Vehicle Design

Henry Spencer wrote:
In article ,
Pat Flannery wrote:
Even with seven RL-10s, you end up with too little thrust to get the
payload they want.

Yeah, but Henry Spencer would love it.
It combines clustering with his favorite engine.

It's not even a candidate for being loved unless it does the job.

Now Henry, how did you get through my filter.

Ok, until I have to deal with it, both the Delta IV
and the Atlas V need and RL-50/RL-60, but your
beloved NASA has not put one dime into it.

We need to incrementally increase the thrust
and thrust to weight ratio of these kinds of
open cycle engines to their maximum theoretical
levels, 50,000 lbs, then 100,000 lbs, and finally
up to about 200,000 lbs if that is possible.

We need to accelerate the IPD, and then incrementally
increase the thrust and thrust to weight ratios of these
full flow closed cycle engines to their maximum theoretical
levels, first 250,000 lbs, then 500,000 lbs, and finally
1,000,000 lbs, it that is indeed possible.

During the interim, clearly we could cluster RL-60s and
use SSMEs in reusable and retrofitable systems to
'get the job done'. Certainly we should be working
on channel wall nozzle technology with the Russians.

We need to get those RD-0120s out of mothballs.
The Russians are out international partners.

Oh ... plonk

http://cosmic.lifeform.org
Old January 26th 06, 12:17 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.station

Thomas Lee Elifritz wrote:
[...]
Now Henry, how did you get through my filter.

Ah, the hubris of filtering Henry!

but your beloved NASA has not put one dime into it.

I haven't noticed Henry being fond of NASA, much less loving it.

/dps

Old January 26th 06, 01:27 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.station

snidely wrote:

Thomas Lee Elifritz wrote:

Now Henry, how did you get through my filter.

Ah, the hubris of filtering Henry!

He doesn't have anything to say except perhaps on sci.space.history.

Even the Spencer Launcher was just another Mook ripoff.

We want to colonize space for citizens.

http://cosmic.lifeform.org
Old January 26th 06, 07:07 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.station

On Wed, 25 Jan 2006 14:28:54 -0500, Thomas Lee Elifritz
wrote:

Henry Spencer wrote:

Now Henry, how did you get through my filter.

Oh ... plonk

Irrefutable proof that you are nuts.

plonk

Dale
Old January 26th 06, 02:10 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.station

wrote:

Henry Spencer wrote:

Now Henry, how did you get through my filter.

Oh ... plonk

Irrefutable proof that you are nuts.

Maybe, but not necessarily.

Just focused on future results,
not past glory or repeating past mistakes.

I'm old enough to know exactly what those mistakes were,
so I don't need Henry Spencer to tell me what they were.

plonk

http://cosmic.lifeform.org