How Total is a Total Solar Eclipse ??

Old September 8th 06, 01:53 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_]

Default How Total is a Total Solar Eclipse ??

Saul I have a feeling a small washer could show the middle of the Sun
through its hole,and its outer ring showing the corona. A washer might
show best how to view a Sun spot,or the surface's granular feature.???
Bert

Old September 10th 06, 12:48 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_]

Default Seeing the Earth Eclipsing

Someday man will go to the Moon and view the Earth's total eclipse. He
will set off a small H-Bomb of my design at the center of this black
disk for the world to see. Bert

Old September 10th 06, 01:04 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_1_]

G=EMC^2 Glazier wrote:
Someday man will go to the Moon and view the Earth's total eclipse. He
will set off a small H-Bomb of my design at the center of this black
disk for the world to see. Bert

Uhm, when is the Earth totally eclipsed?

Double-A

Old September 10th 06, 01:44 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_]

Duble-A Its the Earth blocking out the Sun as seen on the Moon. You knew
that Bert

Old September 10th 06, 02:56 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_1_]

G=EMC^2 Glazier wrote:
Duble-A Its the Earth blocking out the Sun as seen on the Moon. You knew
that Bert

Then I think you should have said, total eclipse of the Sun, as seen
from the Moon.

The Earth can never be totally eclipsed by the shadow of the Moon.

Double-A

Old September 11th 06, 10:05 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Saul Levy Saul Levy is offline
Banned

Way too much light through the hole. It will wash out the corona.

Saul Levy

Old September 12th 06, 12:53 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_]

Saul Reality is I think I have a picture(hope I can find it) showing a
washer used. This way its not my idea so you might like it. Bert