[OT] I thought only Pat came up with stuff like this

Old April 18th 05, 05:12 PM
Herb Schaltegger

Default [OT] I thought only Pat came up with stuff like this

From the Pat Flannery Memorial Institute for Really Imaginative
Research comes this historical curiosity: "UK's Chicken Powered Nukes"
From the article:

"Like me, you've probably stayed awake countless nights wondering, 'Did
the Brits ever make plans for a nuclear landmine, powered by chickens?'

Well, dear reader, I'm here to tell you that the answer is yes. At
least, according to the UK's National Archives."

http://www.defensetech.org/archives/001490.html

Well, after reading the article I think this is a fowl idea, indeed.

--
Herb Schaltegger, GPG Key ID: BBF6FC1C
safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Old April 18th 05, 08:14 PM
Andrew Gray

On 2005-04-18, Herb Schaltegger wrote:
From the Pat Flannery Memorial Institute for Really Imaginative
Research comes this historical curiosity: "UK's Chicken Powered Nukes"
From the article:

"Like me, you've probably stayed awake countless nights wondering, 'Did
the Brits ever make plans for a nuclear landmine, powered by chickens?'

Well, dear reader, I'm here to tell you that the answer is yes. At
least, according to the UK's National Archives."

http://www.defensetech.org/archives/001490.html

Well, after reading the article I think this is a fowl idea, indeed.

They originally released this on April 1 last year. The poor chap at the
National Archives had to repeatedly explain that, no, they weren't in
the habit of making April Fool jokes, and if they had it'd have been a
little bit more plausible...

--
-Andrew Gray

Old April 18th 05, 08:55 PM
Pat Flannery

Herb Schaltegger wrote:

Well, dear reader, I'm here to tell you that the answer is yes. At
least, according to the UK's National Archives."

http://www.defensetech.org/archives/001490.html

Well, after reading the article I think this is a fowl idea, indeed.

I'm surprised to hear it took them so long to find that, it was in
Fortian news a year or so ago...now if they make a nuclear landmine
powered by homosexual necrophiliac ducks... :-)

Pat
Old April 18th 05, 09:28 PM
Herb Schaltegger

On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 14:55:52 -0500, Pat Flannery wrote
(in article ):

Herb Schaltegger wrote:

Well, dear reader, I'm here to tell you that the answer is yes. At
least, according to the UK's National Archives."

http://www.defensetech.org/archives/001490.html

Well, after reading the article I think this is a fowl idea, indeed.

I'm surprised to hear it took them so long to find that, it was in
Fortian news a year or so ago...now if they make a nuclear landmine
powered by homosexual necrophiliac ducks... :-)

Pat

Well, I meant to post this a week or so back, but I forgot. How do
Laser-Controlled Headless Zombie Flies grab you?

http://www.boingboing.net/2005/04/14/lasercontrolled_head.html

Old April 19th 05, 09:14 AM
Pat Flannery

Herb Schaltegger wrote:

Well, I meant to post this a week or so back, but I forgot. How do
Laser-Controlled Headless Zombie Flies grab you?

With their undead legs?
I'll see your Laser-Controlled Headless Zombie Flies, and raise you a
Cute, Personality-Filled SWAT Team Monkey:
http://www.kold.com/Global/story.asp?S=3219633

Pat