gratitude etc. (was Apollo: One gas environment?)

Old May 18th 04, 07:34 AM
Pat Flannery

Ami Silberman wrote:

My grandfather, who grew up in Palestine, said that locusts roasted in honey
were quite tasty. I've had a variety of insects at the Universtity of
Illinois annual "Insect Fear Film Festival", originated by the very charming
and witty May Berenbaum (she is now the department head. I knew here when I
was a student member of the campus senate and was on a program reveiw
committe with her. See http://www.life.uiuc.edu/Entomology/egsa/ifff.html
for details. (There is one detail that is wrong, I recall having snacks at
the 1989 Spider festival.)

You know, when you think about it, they really shouldn't all that
different tasting from marine arthropods (like lobsters, crabs, shrimp,
and crayfish) but for the life of me, the thought of eating one brings
on just about instant nausea because of my childhood upbringing where
all insects and arachnids were to be kept away from one's mouth- and you
always washed your hands after touching one.
Strangely though, this problem never extended to reptiles and
amphibians- and I have eaten both (froglegs, snapping turtle, terrapin,
and alligator...I've still got to try iguana tail sometime).

Pat

Old May 18th 04, 05:46 PM
Allen Thomson

Pat Flannery wrote

Ami Silberman wrote:

Which is pretty funny considering that I'm and atheist with
Unitarian/Universalist leanings. Now, if you replace Rabbit with Rabbi, then
my garden is rapidly becoming a Yeshiva.

I'm a gnostic agnostic; I don't know if there is a god- but if there is,
then the one running Earth is probably a real asshole.

Could I convert you guys to Provisional Transcendental Materialistic
Reductionism? The process is painless, though not cheap, and you'd
get valuable low-numbered part^H^H^H^H membership cards. (Two and
three, actually.)
Old May 18th 04, 08:32 PM
OM

On Tue, 18 May 2004 16:26:40 GMT, LooseChanj
wrote:

But I'm tryin', Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard to be a shepherd."

"But John, I thought you and Yoko had become vegetarians. Wouldn't you
be better off trying to be a farmer, eh?"

OM

- General George S. Patton, Jr
Old May 18th 04, 08:55 PM
OM

On Tue, 18 May 2004 12:35:34 GMT, Doug...
wrote:

I'm a gnostic agnostic; I don't know if there is a god- but if there is,
then the one running Earth is probably a real asshole.

And you heard about the dyslexic atheist? He didn't believe there was a
Dog...

....And then there's the insomniac dyslexic athiest, who stayed up all
night wondering if Dog existed.

OM

- General George S. Patton, Jr
Old May 19th 04, 06:57 PM
Neil Gerace

"Pat Flannery" wrote in message

I'm not trimming that, as it is a delight to read.
I still like those little discussions about Madonna's "Like A Virgin"
and "The Invisible Bitch" in "Reservoir Dogs"

I love the American Psycho talking about his favourite music in that movie;
though the book was better. Somewhere along the line much of the humour was
cut from the movie. Except that they changed 'Paul Owen' to 'Paul Allen' for
the movie. I thought that was funny because Paul Allen is also the name of
one of the founders of Microsoft.

And in _Catch Me If You Can_, we have a minor character called Governor
Robert Wagner.

"A: You can never go too far. B: If I'm gonna get busted, it is *not* gonna
be by a guy like *that*." -- Ferris Bueller

"Bullet Tooth Tony: So, you are obviously the big dick. The men on the side
of ya are your balls. There are two types of balls. There are big brave
balls, and there are little mincey faggot balls.

Vinny: These are your last words, so make them a prayer.

Bullet Tooth Tony: Now, dicks have drive and clarity of vision, but they are
not clever. They smell pussy and they want a piece of the
action. And you thought you smelled some good old pussy, and have brought
your two small mincey faggot balls along for a good old time. But you've got
your parties mangled up. There's no pussy here, just a dose that'll make you
wish you were born a woman. Like a prick, you are having second thoughts.
You are shrinking, and your two little balls are shrinking with ya. The fact
that you've got "Replica" written down the side of your gun. And the fact
that I've got "Desert Eagle point five O" written on the side of mine,
should precipitate your balls into shrinking, along with your presence.
Now... **** off." -- _Snatch_

Old May 19th 04, 07:23 PM
Neil Gerace

"Allen Thomson" wrote in message
om...

Could I convert you guys to Provisional Transcendental Materialistic
Reductionism?

It doesn't even have a cool acronym

Old May 20th 04, 12:46 AM
Hop David

Pat Flannery wrote:

But what the hell are the "winged swarming things that walk on fours" of
Lev. 11:20?
...outside of Pterodactyls, the only other thing I can think of are
bats, and they get mentioned back in 11:19.

oh-EEEEE-oh! EEEEEEEEEE-oh!

--
Hop David
http://clowder.net/hop/index.html

The Apollo Hoax FAQ (is not spam) :-) Nathan Jones Misc 6 July 29th 04 06:14 AM
Apollo Buzz alDredge Misc 5 July 28th 04 10:05 AM
Apollo Buzz alDredge UK Astronomy 5 July 28th 04 10:05 AM
The Apollo Hoax FAQ darla Misc 10 July 25th 04 02:57 PM
The Apollo Hoax FAQ darla UK Astronomy 11 July 25th 04 02:57 PM