Wot! No Sun?

Old June 8th 04, 01:16 PM
Pen Phill

Default Wot! No Sun?

Brittany France. For over a week (nay, even longer) we have had wall to wall
sun with not a cloud in the sky. Yesterday it was 30 degrees (nearly 100). Our
local club had organised a public viewing of the transit and arranged various
scopes, filters etc. What do we get? CLOUD. Wall to wall cloud. Total cover of
the grey stuff. Not a trace of the sun..... until ...1.45pm. local time.
Sod's law isn't it?

Phil
02.46W 48.05N
Old June 8th 04, 03:55 PM
Pen Phill

Subject: Wot! No Sun?
From: The Naked Sky
Date: 08/06/04 15:16 Romance Daylight Time

In article ,
iljunk (Pen Phill) wrote:

Brittany France. For over a week (nay, even longer) we have had wall to

wall
sun with not a cloud in the sky. Yesterday it was 30 degrees (nearly 100).

Our
local club had organised a public viewing of the transit and arranged

various
scopes, filters etc. What do we get? CLOUD. Wall to wall cloud. Total cover

of
the grey stuff. Not a trace of the sun..... until ...1.45pm. local time.
Sod's law isn't it?

I was a little luckier, but only just. By the time I got to my site, the
entire sky was a clear perfect blue. North, south, east and west: not a
cloud in sight -- except for a single stupid patch of just-too-thick
clouds hovering right over the sun, and moving oh-so-painfully-slow.
This was at 7:00 AM local time, just five minutes before third contact.
The clouds moved just in time to see third and fourth contact. I had my
wife with me, a good friend and his 11-year-old kid, and a couple of
interested passersby. Always great to have some kids around to see their
reaction.

Sean

--

THE NAKED SKY
What's Up. Every Night. Every Month.

Well at least you managed to something of the event. The thing I find most
annoying is that by 2.0 O'clock we had (and still have) a completely clear blue
sky with a mockingly bright sun glaring down.. The temp is 29 degrees..........
:-((

Phil