Quotes from Arthur C Clarke

Old March 19th 08, 01:42 PM posted to sci.space.history
Alan Erskine[_2_]

Default Quotes from Arthur C Clarke

A fascinating man with an amazing imagination and intellect.

Quotes from the Wikipedia entry
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arthur_C_Clarke):
a.. "Life is just one big banana. Science fiction allows us all to peel
open the reality and discover the yellow truth inside."
a.. Clarke's three laws:
1.. "When a distinguished but elderly scientist states that something is
possible, he is almost certainly right. When he states that something is
impossible, he is very probably wrong."
2.. "The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to
venture a little way past them into the impossible."
3.. "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from
magic."
a.. "The truth, as always, will be far stranger."
a.. "Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think
we're not. In either case the idea is quite staggering."
a.. "How inappropriate to call this planet Earth, when clearly it is
Ocean."
a.. Of UFOs: "They tell us absolutely nothing about intelligence elsewhere
in the universe, but they do prove how rare it is on Earth."
a.. "Somewhere in me is a curiosity sensor. I want to know what's over the
next hill. You know, people can live longer without food than without
information. Without information, you'd go crazy."
a.. "We should always be prepared for future technologies, because
otherwise they will come along and clobber us."

Arthur C. Clarke Spongey Misc 4 April 19th 05 10:19 AM
Arthur C. Clarke Quote Kevin Amateur Astronomy 24 March 15th 05 03:49 PM
Arthur C.Clarke PSmith9626 UK Astronomy 52 July 13th 03 01:34 AM