OT - Firefox fall down, go boom.

Old October 20th 07, 09:30 PM posted to sci.space.history,sci,space.policy
Pat Flannery

Default OT - Firefox fall down, go boom.

I was running my Firefox browser around a hour ago and it had a new
update to install, but while starting to install it, the program crashed
and would not restart, stating that the file was corrupted.
I thought this might be a problem with incompatibility with Windows 98
(I'm still running that, but have deleted Internet Explore from it), but
a friend said it had happened to his machine yesterday when the update
came in, and he's running Windows XP.
Has anyone else had this problem in the past day?
If this happened to everyone running Firefox, Mozilla is going to be in
a world of hurt.

Pat
Old October 20th 07, 09:43 PM posted to sci.space.history,sci,space.policy
Damon Hill[_4_]

No problems on my computers running XP and 2000; haven't checked
the Vista laptop yet (have to pry it from the girlfriend's clutches).

--Damon, who could next get the hang of Linux

Old October 20th 07, 11:13 PM posted to sci.space.history,sci,space.policy
Pat Flannery

Damon Hill wrote:
No problems on my computers running XP and 2000; haven't checked
the Vista laptop yet (have to pry it from the girlfriend's clutches).

--Damon, who could next get the hang of Linux

Did you get a Firefox update yesterday or today?
If you do get one, watch out.
My friend was able to get his Firefox restarted by rebooting it; mine
still wouldn't restart the program after doing that.
In my case the update had only been about 20% downloaded when things
crashed.

Pat

Old October 20th 07, 11:47 PM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
Andre Lieven[_3_]

On Oct 20, 6:13 pm, Pat Flannery wrote:
Damon Hill wrote:
No problems on my computers running XP and 2000; haven't checked
the Vista laptop yet (have to pry it from the girlfriend's clutches).

--Damon, who could next get the hang of Linux

Did you get a Firefox update yesterday or today?
If you do get one, watch out.
My friend was able to get his Firefox restarted by rebooting it; mine
still wouldn't restart the program after doing that.
In my case the update had only been about 20% downloaded when things
crashed.

Funky. I got the update, it restarted, and is running just fine all
day.

Andre

Old October 21st 07, 12:13 AM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
kT

Damon Hill wrote:
No problems on my computers running XP and 2000; haven't checked
the Vista laptop yet (have to pry it from the girlfriend's clutches).
--Damon, who could next get the hang of Linux

Did you get a Firefox update yesterday or today?
If you do get one, watch out.
My friend was able to get his Firefox restarted by rebooting it; mine
still wouldn't restart the program after doing that.
In my case the update had only been about 20% downloaded when things
crashed.

Funky. I got the update, it restarted, and is running just fine all
day.

The distribution servers were highly stressed, there are certainly
corrupt copies here and there. Also, it's a good idea to uninstall the
old version before you reinstall the new version, and remove it from
your firewall program list before, and then check its status afterwards.
Old October 21st 07, 10:34 AM posted to sci.space.history
Monte Davis Monte Davis is offline
Senior Member

Got the update, working fine. XP.
Old October 21st 07, 04:27 PM posted to sci.space.history
[email protected]

On Oct 21, 2:34 am, Monte Davis wrote:
Got the update, working fine. XP.

Same here, no problems. But I DL it at a very late hour.

Matthew Ota

Old October 21st 07, 05:34 PM posted to sci.space.history
Darren J Longhorn

On Sat, 20 Oct 2007 15:30:57 -0500, Pat Flannery
wrote:

I was running my Firefox browser around a hour ago and it had a new
update to install, but while starting to install it, the program crashed
and would not restart, stating that the file was corrupted.
I thought this might be a problem with incompatibility with Windows 98
(I'm still running that, but have deleted Internet Explore from it), but
a friend said it had happened to his machine yesterday when the update
came in, and he's running Windows XP.
Has anyone else had this problem in the past day?
If this happened to everyone running Firefox, Mozilla is going to be in
a world of hurt.

I've had three PCs update Firefox, one did as you say, the other two
were fine. The one that reported a corrupted file was an AMD Turion
based Acer laptop running Windows XP media canter edition. I didn't
know if that's important or not.

--
Darren J Longhorn
It's all faked, I tell you, all of it!
Old October 21st 07, 06:45 PM posted to sci.space.history
Pat Flannery

Darren J Longhorn wrote:
I've had three PCs update Firefox, one did as you say, the other two
were fine. The one that reported a corrupted file was an AMD Turion
based Acer laptop running Windows XP media canter edition. I didn't
know if that's important or not.

Mine started out as a Acer, and still has one of the hard drives that
came from the Acer in it. And that's the one where the Firefox was on.
I never realized how dependent I had become on the internet...I had to
get up and look out the window to see what the weather was like, and use
a dictionary to look up how a word was spelled.
This is not my 21st century world!
Next thing, the autogyro will go on the fritz, and I'll have to drive a
car to go someplace.
I'm back in the stone age here...
(Pat starts to make a fire by rubbing two floppy disks together.) :-)

Pat
Old October 21st 07, 11:44 PM posted to sci.space.history,sci,space.policy
Brian Thorn[_2_]

wrote:

I was running my Firefox browser around a hour ago and it had a new
update to install, but while starting to install it, the program crashed
and would not restart, stating that the file was corrupted.

No problem with the 2.0.0.8 update on Vista Home Premium.

Brian

OT - Firefox fall down, go boom. Andre Lieven[_3_] Policy 1 October 21st 07 12:13 AM
Firefox vs. IE Nightingale Nightingale Astronomy Misc 0 December 1st 06 02:23 AM
Firefox vs. IE William Misc 4 November 29th 06 12:23 PM
scope goes boom-boom, what to do now!?!! Jack Dalfonzo Amateur Astronomy 18 June 25th 04 05:58 PM
Sonic boom, Light Boom? Jan C. Vorbrüggen Science 8 November 26th 03 04:42 PM