West coast fireball network - volunteers

Old November 22nd 03, 07:05 PM
Ed Majden

Default West coast fireball network - volunteers

I am looking for volunteers to join our fireball observation
interviewing network. See:
http://victoria.rasc.ca/articles/2003/sandia_bolide.htm
Volunteers are needed across mainland British Columbia and bordering
northern U.S. States.

Ed Majden - MIAC Associate
EMO Sandia Bolide Detection Station
Courtenay, B.C. CANADA

Old November 27th 03, 05:13 PM
Ed Majden

"Ed Majden"
I am looking for volunteers to join our fireball observation
interviewing network. See:
http://victoria.rasc.ca/articles/2003/sandia_bolide.htm
Volunteers are needed across mainland British Columbia and bordering
northern U.S. States.

Ed Majden - MIAC Associate
EMO Sandia Bolide Detection Station
Courtenay, B.C. CANADA

I'm surprised I have had no response to this message. Is it a lack of
interest in meteoritics (fireballs) or doesn't anyone in B.C. or the Pacific
North West read this newsgroup?
Ed

Old November 28th 03, 03:15 PM
John Oliver

Ed Majden wrote:
"Ed Majden"

I am looking for volunteers to join our fireball observation
interviewing network. See:
http://victoria.rasc.ca/articles/2003/sandia_bolide.htm
Volunteers are needed across mainland British Columbia and bordering
northern U.S. States.

Ed Majden - MIAC Associate
EMO Sandia Bolide Detection Station
Courtenay, B.C. CANADA

I'm surprised I have had no response to this message. Is it a lack of
interest in meteoritics (fireballs) or doesn't anyone in B.C. or the Pacific
North West read this newsgroup?
Ed

sci.astro.amateur would be a better place if you want serious
astronomers to read it.

--
John Oliver
Associate Professor

Old November 28th 03, 05:52 PM
Ed Majden

"John Oliver"

sci.astro.amateur would be a better place if you want serious
astronomers to read it.

--
John Oliver
Associate Professor

John:
I have cross posted to meteorobs, bolidechasers, and the Rascals list
with similar results. Only one volunteer so far, from S.D. I have some
others from Vancouver Island but these were already part of the network.
Ed

Old November 29th 03, 08:57 PM
JOHN PAZMINO

Default West coast fireball n

EM From: "Ed Majden"
EM Subject: West coast fireball network - volunteers
EM Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2003 17:13:10 GMT
EM Organization: Shaw Residential Internet

I think your call is a bit scanty and vague. It seems that you
need people to follow yp after fireball reports to speak with the
witnesses and collect more details. If this is correct, you'll lokely
find few takers. Even in a built-up area, it is extremely tough and
tedious to go around and visit folk; ask any police depot about its
experience for crime followup.
Now, after two years since World Trade Center, people are far more
hesitant to talk to strangers about personal experiences, even a
sighting of a fireball. Even if ther is no specific 'homeland
security' mindset in Canada.

EM "Ed Majden"
EM I am looking for volunteers to join our fireball observation
EM interviewing network. See:
EM http://victoria.rasc.ca/articles/2003/sandia_bolide.htm
EM Volunteers are needed across mainland British Columbia and bordering
EM northern U.S. States.
EM
EM Ed Majden - MIAC Associate
EM EMO Sandia Bolide Detection Station
EM Courtenay, B.C. CANADA
EM
EM I'm surprised I have had no response to this message. Is it a lack of
EM interest in meteoritics (fireballs) or doesn't anyone in B.C. or the Pacific
EM North West read this newsgroup?
EM Ed

---
þ RoseReader 2.52á P005004
Old December 7th 03, 07:11 PM
Ed Majden

"JOHN PAZMINO"
Now, after two years since World Trade Center, people are far more
hesitant to talk to strangers about personal experiences, even a
sighting of a fireball.

If what you say is true, it is sad that in the most powerful nation in
the world its residence live in fear. If this is correct the terrorists
have won. Sad indeed!

Old December 7th 03, 07:19 PM
[email protected] \(formerly\)

Dear Ed Majden:

"Ed Majden" wrote in message

"JOHN PAZMINO"
Now, after two years since World Trade Center, people are far more
hesitant to talk to strangers about personal experiences, even a
sighting of a fireball.

If what you say is true, it is sad that in the most powerful nation

in
the world its residence live in fear. If this is correct the terrorists
have won. Sad indeed!

The terrorists have had an effect. But not the effect they intended.
Non-Muslims are still mucking around in the Middle East. And every attack
makes such interference even more likely.

David A. Smith