Thoughts on Extrasolar Planets

Old October 22nd 03, 09:46 AM
jacob navia

Default Thoughts on Extrasolar Planets

Why extrasolar?
I mean, we have discovered the first extraterestrial ocean.

Yes, an ocean. With more water as in earth, warmly balanced in the
huge gravitational field of Jupiter, that stresses the planet,
producing heat.

This is not outside the solar system, this ocean is bathed by the same sun. Its frozen surface leaks
a darker liquid.

It looks quite interesting really. Why look for life in extra-solar
planets when this ocean is just around the corner?

I think a fair guess would lead us to look in this ocean first. All
conditions for life exist. We have discovered recently life
independent from the sun. In the deep parts of this ocean, conditions
are the same in earth and in Europa. Here in earth there are living
beings without any solar input. Why couldn't they exist in Europa?

What is the flora in that darker liquid coming up from the ocean
below?

We have to send a machine to find out. Transporting a mobile vehicle
to there is quite difficult, because of the feeble ways we have of
sending probes. Chemical rockets are very bad. More hope could come
from the xenon gas propulsion powered by solar cells. That could make
for a good motor for transport of a minituarized probe.

This will be an interesting research. Indeed. I am convinced that
there, below that frozen surface of the first extraterrestial ocean
lie the answers to many crucial questions about us.