Earth Indiana Base One to Darla Galactic Mission Over

Old May 4th 05, 05:46 AM
nightbat

Default Earth Indiana Base One to Darla Galactic Mission Over

nightbat wrote

Earth Indiana Base One calling Princess Darla, come in
please. Earth Ind Base One not reading you, please adjust relay P-burst
output for enabling of receipt of missing Sil relay transmissions over.
Star voyager Sil are you there no confirmation of Darla mission update,
please confirm status, Commander Pros and Earth Captain nightbat
presently waiting, over. Your Galactic Command post and Earth Indiana
base One is awaiting response please acknowledge your status over.

Emergency protocol procedure

nightbat calling, over,
the nightbat
Old May 4th 05, 08:58 AM
Yubiwan

"nightbat" wrote in message
nightbat wrote

Earth Indiana Base One calling Princess Darla, come in
please. Earth Ind Base One not reading you, please adjust relay P-burst
output for enabling of receipt of missing Sil relay transmissions over.
Star voyager Sil are you there no confirmation of Darla mission update,
please confirm status, Commander Pros and Earth Captain nightbat
presently waiting, over. Your Galactic Command post and Earth Indiana
base One is awaiting response please acknowledge your status over.

Emergency protocol procedure

nightbat calling, over,
the nightbat

Good morning, Nightbat!
Wait, check that, in Indiana at this time it's presently dark, but I
believe--yes--never mind.
It's still the AM--just the wee hours where you are.

Well, I've finished with the crews "annual checkups", and everybody's fine.
The longest was Darla's, as there was a small problem with one of the relay
stations.
I'm a little concerned about her because of her last report, excerpts to be
included below.

Silouen, as you may have guessed, is just fine--she was off in close
analysis of the GA and allowed three reports to be bypassed.
We shall flog her with one of those Arthur Deco niceties upon her return.

**** Without further ado, here's Darla--

Entry into Andromeda-proper took place at xlkjb[o j[ler in the x[o0ielkl;p
quadrant.
Began maintaining comm. silence to avoid possible detection by indigenous
lifeforms.
Also am concerned about p-burst damage, as mapping is still underway.
Until positions are intimately known, I shall exit the galaxy to report.

We have catalogued over 75 million species of life so far, with only one
species exceeding ben.

(Note from Dr. Why? -- "ben" is short for one of our words which indicates
whether or not a species has its "space legs" yet.)

This is a violent race somewhat akin to that Perseun group we encountered,
but not quite as advanced.
As I go undetected among them, I am disgusted by their seeming hatred of any
form of life except their own.
Finding it hard to believe that this is the best Andromeda has to offer.
Still scanning the inner arms for life.

Tell The Nightbat not to worry.
We must for the most part maintain comm. silence for good reason.
And send greetings to all of our Earthian friends, Double-A, Greysky,
Virginia, Charles, Bee, Wally, Ray and the rest,
Even Art Deco, Widdershins, Aratzio, Bookman and Dug88, Vanilla Gorilla,
Raving Loonie and Starlord are deserving of our friendship and respect.
Although I can't imagine why some of them don't make a connection between
astronomy and the (remote?) possibility of us being people not from Earth,
but "from the stars".

All of you keep it together while I'm away, and if you love nothing or no
one else, do love the sky!

EoR*Darla

And now back to me, the Whyz? guy.
It was that part about "going undetected among them" that bothers me.
Darla's not supposed to be doing that, but what can we do?
Where she is, she's the boss.

Thanks for your concern, Nightbat, for Darla and Sil are ever on our minds,
and it's settling and gentling to see someone from Earth who shares our
ordeal.

ever thy servant,

Dr. Why?

Old May 4th 05, 02:51 PM
Greysky

"Yubiwan" wrote in message
"nightbat" wrote in message
nightbat wrote

Earth Indiana Base One calling Princess Darla, come in
please. Earth Ind Base One not reading you, please adjust relay P-burst
output for enabling of receipt of missing Sil relay transmissions over.
Star voyager Sil are you there no confirmation of Darla mission update,
please confirm status, Commander Pros and Earth Captain nightbat
presently waiting, over. Your Galactic Command post and Earth Indiana
base One is awaiting response please acknowledge your status over.

Emergency protocol procedure

nightbat calling, over,
the nightbat

Good morning, Nightbat!
Wait, check that, in Indiana at this time it's presently dark, but I
believe--yes--never mind.
It's still the AM--just the wee hours where you are.

Ive always got a hot cup of coffee waiting for U Dr. Why.

Well, I've finished with the crews "annual checkups", and everybody's
fine.

Araghhh not that time of the year again Time to put on the old rubber
gloves... I think this year is going to be when the local M.D. witchdoctor
looses one of his fingers to a "Hostle Alien Lifeform" :-0 The operational
saying is: "Never stick you fingers where you kind intentions refuse to go."

[...]

I would also think the A.L.E's. might also misinterpret the P-burst
interaction with local real estate as an attempt at hostility. Also, a
question for Darla: "If these guys don't have P-burst are they using my
method of Probability Waves communications to chat FTL? If so, what
frequencies do they hang out on. The reason I ask is that those frequencies
are ones I need to avoid to prevent accidental contact with the hostiles.
But, truthfully they don't sound smart enough to have discovered anything so
profound by themselves so it might be a good idea to find the reason they
are hostile - those others mught be more to our liking if they haven't
already been rendered extinct by the bullies.

We have catalogued over 75 million species of life so far, with only one
species exceeding ben.

Hmmm.... any new species of better tasting Coffee plants?

(Note from Dr. Why? -- "ben" is short for one of our words which indicates
whether or not a species has its "space legs" yet.)

This is a violent race somewhat akin to that Perseun group we encountered,
but not quite as advanced.
As I go undetected among them, I am disgusted by their seeming hatred of
any
form of life except their own.
Finding it hard to believe that this is the best Andromeda has to offer.
Still scanning the inner arms for life.

Man... it seems bad attitudes are not just endemic to the Milky Way. I sure
hope there are some other examples of decency in Andromeda... hope this
hostile xenophobis species hasn't already scoured Andormeda of what it would
term 'Competition'... Which could very well have happened here without us
lucking out by having Darla and you'all get here first :-)

Tell The Nightbat not to worry.
We must for the most part maintain comm. silence for good reason.
And send greetings to all of our Earthian friends, Double-A, Greysky,
Virginia, Charles, Bee, Wally, Ray and the rest,

Yes, and say a big "We miss you!" back at her.

Even Art Deco, Widdershins, Aratzio, Bookman and Dug88, Vanilla Gorilla,
Raving Loonie and Starlord are deserving of our friendship and respect.
Although I can't imagine why some of them don't make a connection between
astronomy and the (remote?) possibility of us being people not from Earth,
but "from the stars".

Hopefully it wont take a Perseun or Andromedan Warship dropping on top of
them to get them to change their minds... then again, for some of them it
might take something more heavy than a mere starship, eh? G

All of you keep it together while I'm away, and if you love nothing or no
one else, do love the sky!

EoR*Darla

And now back to me, the Whyz? guy.
It was that part about "going undetected among them" that bothers me.
Darla's not supposed to be doing that, but what can we do?
Where she is, she's the boss.

Ahh... can't blame the Lady for having some fun. Also I would consider it
highest probability to scan hostiles for use of advanced quantum probability
wave technology. No ppoint in being unpleasantly surprised later...

Thanks for your concern, Nightbat, for Darla and Sil are ever on our
minds,
and it's settling and gentling to see someone from Earth who shares our
ordeal.

Yes.

ever thy servant,

Dr. Why?

Greysky

Old May 4th 05, 03:39 PM
nightbat

nightbat wrote

Incoming message Earth received 2:58 AM EST

Yubiwan wrote:

"nightbat" wrote in message
nightbat wrote

Earth Indiana Base One calling Princess Darla, come in
please. Earth Ind Base One not reading you, please adjust relay P-burst
output for enabling of receipt of missing Sil relay transmissions over.
Star voyager Sil are you there no confirmation of Darla mission update,
please confirm status, Commander Pros and Earth Captain nightbat
presently waiting, over. Your Galactic Command post and Earth Indiana
base One is awaiting response please acknowledge your status over.

Emergency protocol procedure

nightbat calling, over,
the nightbat

Bones
Good morning, Nightbat!
Wait, check that, in Indiana at this time it's presently dark, but I
believe--yes--never mind.
It's still the AM--just the wee hours where you are.

Well, I've finished with the crews "annual checkups", and everybody's fine.
The longest was Darla's, as there was a small problem with one of the relay
stations.
I'm a little concerned about her because of her last report, excerpts to be
included below.

Silouen, as you may have guessed, is just fine--she was off in close
analysis of the GA and allowed three reports to be bypassed.
We shall flog her with one of those Arthur Deco niceties upon her return.

nightbat

Good morning Bones and yes, just like a typical Earth star gal
to leave her pondering fearless Earthman up in the air. Well I'm
relieved to hear Sil and Darla are ok and the galactic mission is
proceeding on schedule.

Bones
**** Without further ado, here's Darla--

Entry into Andromeda-proper took place at xlkjb[o j[ler in the x[o0ielkl;p
quadrant.
Began maintaining comm. silence to avoid possible detection by indigenous
lifeforms.
Also am concerned about p-burst damage, as mapping is still underway.
Until positions are intimately known, I shall exit the galaxy to report.

nightbat

Earth Ind base one acknowledged

Darla
We have catalogued over 75 million species of life so far, with only one
species exceeding ben.

(Note from Dr. Why? -- "ben" is short for one of our words which indicates
whether or not a species has its "space legs" yet.)

nightbat

Understood, I take it only Earth humans are Sean classified as
"ben"

Darla
This is a violent race somewhat akin to that Perseun group we encountered,
but not quite as advanced.
As I go undetected among them, I am disgusted by their seeming hatred of any
form of life except their own.
Finding it hard to believe that this is the best Andromeda has to offer.
Still scanning the inner arms for life.

nightbat

Apparent inter race species aggression does seem to permeate the
Universe per your lengthy analysis. Very rare to fine higher evolved
life forms on the par with your race and nightbat's.

Darla
Tell The Nightbat not to worry.
We must for the most part maintain comm. silence for good reason.
And send greetings to all of our Earthian friends, Double-A, Greysky,
Virginia, Charles, Bee, Wally, Ray and the rest,

nightbat

Comm. silence understood, with much thanks for relayed mission
report and said Star group diplomatic Earth Science Officers will be
immediately post notified.

Darla
Even Art Deco, Widdershins, Aratzio, Bookman and Dug88, Vanilla Gorilla,
Raving Loonie and Starlord are deserving of our friendship and respect.
Although I can't imagine why some of them don't make a connection between
astronomy and the (remote?) possibility of us being people not from Earth,
but "from the stars".

nightbat

It's a troll stretch for them I admit, they can't at less even
fathom possible advanced life form initial net contact. They consider
this way beyond them to a certain degree but will be surprised and
accepting once the arriving Star Race multi star ship fleet hopefully
Earth arrives.

Darla
All of you keep it together while I'm away, and if you love nothing or no
one else, do love the sky!

EoR*Darla

nightbat

Earth greetings and good wishes accepted and returned.

Bones
And now back to me, the Whyz? guy.
It was that part about "going undetected among them" that bothers me.
Darla's not supposed to be doing that, but what can we do?
Where she is, she's the boss.

nightbat

She is a very clever Star explorer give her that, the outer Lone
Ranger of galactic space with trusted backup Sil at her near cosmic
side. Going stealth is good mission protocol, get the 007 agent
knowledge undetected and run.

Bones
Thanks for your concern, Nightbat, for Darla and Sil are ever on our minds,
and it's settling and gentling to see someone from Earth who shares our
ordeal.

ever thy servant,

Dr. Why?

nightbat

You're most welcome Bones and Star group, and please not servant
but just one of your humble intergalactic race concerned Earth friends.
Ditto thanks and cheers to all from Captain nightbat.

end of transmission:

carry on,
the nightbat
Old May 4th 05, 04:58 PM
Art Deco

Yubiwan wrote:

"nightbat" wrote in message
[...]

I am #1 on da lits.

--
Official Associate AFA-B Vote Rustler

http://www.insurgent.org/~kook-faq/alexa/socks.html
http://www.petitmorte.net/cujo/kazoo/kazoo.html
Old May 4th 05, 05:00 PM
Art Deco

Greysky wrote:

"Yubiwan" wrote in message

[snip]

Tell The Nightbat not to worry.
We must for the most part maintain comm. silence for good reason.
And send greetings to all of our Earthian friends, Double-A, Greysky,
Virginia, Charles, Bee, Wally, Ray and the rest,

Yes, and say a big "We miss you!" back at her.

Even Art Deco, Widdershins, Aratzio, Bookman and Dug88, Vanilla Gorilla,
Raving Loonie and Starlord are deserving of our friendship and respect.
Although I can't imagine why some of them don't make a connection between
astronomy and the (remote?) possibility of us being people not from Earth,
but "from the stars".

Hopefully it wont take a Perseun or Andromedan Warship dropping on top of
them to get them to change their minds... then again, for some of them it
might take something more heavy than a mere starship, eh? G

Make sure you let everyone [tine] know when this happens, saucerhead.

[snip]

Old May 4th 05, 05:01 PM
Art Deco

Yubiwan wrote:

"nightbat" wrote in message
[...]

You assume much, nightbat.

Old May 4th 05, 05:05 PM
Aratzio

On Wed, 04 May 2005 09:58:43 -0600, Art Deco
transparently proposed:

Yubiwan wrote:

sneck

Tell The Nightbat not to worry.
We must for the most part maintain comm. silence for good reason.
And send greetings to all of our Earthian friends, Double-A, Greysky,
Virginia, Charles, Bee, Wally, Ray and the rest,
Even Art Deco, Widdershins, Aratzio, Bookman and Dug88, Vanilla Gorilla,
Raving Loonie and Starlord are deserving of our friendship and respect.
Although I can't imagine why some of them don't make a connection between
astronomy and the (remote?) possibility of us being people not from Earth,
but "from the stars".

I am #1 on da lits.

Hmmm, this lits is wrong. Lits this week are supposed to have
MEMEMEMEMEMEMEME as #1.

--

Does the name Pavlov ring a bell?
Old May 4th 05, 05:49 PM
Cactus88

Yubiwan wrote:
"nightbat" wrote in message
[...]

"Earthians"??? It's "Earthlings", my green-blooded friend.
Note: Steer clear of quadrant 666, Andromeda SSW. There is an
*extremely* malicious & territorial species dominating that region.
Their claimed territory extends 7 light years/radius from the home
planet. I don't have the font necessary to display the "names" of
either the species or their base planet, but beware of the symbol
that's been associated with them- intensely red, crystal pentagram.
I've told you all I know at this time. Good luck...
C88 {~O-O~}

Old May 4th 05, 09:10 PM
Bookman

Yubiwan wrote:

"nightbat" wrote in message
[...]

Very true, especially the assumption that the magical aliens will
soon reveal themselves, thus conveting teh saucerheads from
silly little ko0ks into well-respected "experts" with prestige and
influence.

Free clue for saucerheads. Even if space aliens were to show
up tomorrow, everyone[tine] else will still laugh at you.

ESL!

--
Bookman