"Rocket City Rednecks" crash NASA student rocket event

Old April 25th 12, 05:43 PM posted to sci.military.naval,sci.space.shuttle
David E. Powell

Default "Rocket City Rednecks" crash NASA student rocket event

http://blog.al.com/breaking/2012/04/..._entry_to.html

http://blog.al.com/breaking/2012/04/
rednecks_crew_denied_entry_to.html

Maybe not the best idea to get in...
Old April 25th 12, 06:47 PM posted to sci.military.naval,sci.space.shuttle
Keith W

David E. Powell wrote:
http://blog.al.com/breaking/2012/04/..._entry_to.html

http://blog.al.com/breaking/2012/04/
rednecks_crew_denied_entry_to.html

Maybe not the best idea to get in...

Can you say 'free publicity'

Keith

Old April 25th 12, 07:33 PM posted to sci.military.naval,sci.space.shuttle
snidely

Keith W speculated:
David E. Powell wrote:
http://blog.al.com/breaking/2012/04/..._entry_to.html

http://blog.al.com/breaking/2012/04/
rednecks_crew_denied_entry_to.html

Maybe not the best idea to get in...

Can you say 'free publicity'

Not really free, just buried in their other production costs.

/dps

--
Who, me? And what lacuna?

Old April 25th 12, 09:44 PM posted to sci.military.naval,sci.space.shuttle
Keith W

Snidely wrote:
Keith W speculated:
David E. Powell wrote:
http://blog.al.com/breaking/2012/04/..._entry_to.html

http://blog.al.com/breaking/2012/04/
rednecks_crew_denied_entry_to.html

Maybe not the best idea to get in...

Can you say 'free publicity'

Not really free, just buried in their other production costs.

/dps

Dirt cheap compared with the cost of commercial advertising.

Keith

Old April 25th 12, 10:39 PM posted to sci.military.naval,sci.space.shuttle
David E. Powell

On Apr 25, 4:44*pm, "Keith W" wrote:
Snidely wrote:
Keith W speculated:
David E. Powell wrote:
http://blog.al.com/breaking/2012/04/..._entry_to.html

http://blog.al.com/breaking/2012/04/
rednecks_crew_denied_entry_to.html

Maybe not the best idea to get in...

Can you say 'free publicity'

Not really free, just buried in their other production costs.

/dps

Dirt cheap compared with the cost of commercial advertising.

Keith

What I don't like about this whole deal is that the rocket fest is for
the student groups. Pulling in with a rocket built out of the specs
the event was using and crashing the party is not cool in my book.
Yeah, it is free publicity but if they are looking to do a joint event
NASA isn't exactly averse to publicity themselves and I'd think it
would be doable another way.
Old April 27th 12, 04:55 PM posted to sci.military.naval,sci.space.shuttle
dott.Piergiorgio[_3_]

Il 25/04/2012 23:39, David E. Powell ha scritto:

Dirt cheap compared with the cost of commercial advertising.

Keith

What I don't like about this whole deal is that the rocket fest is for
the student groups. Pulling in with a rocket built out of the specs
the event was using and crashing the party is not cool in my book.
Yeah, it is free publicity but if they are looking to do a joint event
NASA isn't exactly averse to publicity themselves and I'd think it
would be doable another way.

looks like there was range safety issues, if is correct that the rocket
entered by this group has a much bigger (estimated) range (the article
don't clarify if was horiziontal or vertical range)

Best regards from Italy,
dott. Piergiorgio.