Why do CEV?

Old September 30th 05, 01:50 PM
livecam

Default Why do CEV?

Why are we about to spend years and untold billions developing CEV when a
superior vehicle is closer to reality? Kliper can fulfill all of our
requirements in leo and to the moon and beyond sooner and for a fraction of
what it will cost to make the CEV happen. Why not join Russia and Europe in
developing and manufacturing Kliper which could become a defacto world
standard piloted space vehicle? An enlarged Apollo type capsule boosted by
castoff shuttle components is not the right answer for manned U.S.
spaceflight. Kliper is faster, better, and cheaper than anything NASA has
proposed. Common sense says that we forget the pork and do what works best.

Old October 1st 05, 02:14 AM
Derek Lyons

"livecam" wrote:

Why are we about to spend years and untold billions developing CEV when a
superior vehicle is closer to reality?

Because there isn't such a vehicle.

Kliper can fulfill all of our requirements in leo and to the moon and beyond
sooner and for a fraction of what it will cost to make the CEV happen.

Unbuilt equipment is always miraculous.

Kliper is faster, better, and cheaper than anything NASA has
proposed.

No matter how hard the fanboys handwave - Kliper remains a mockup and
a disk full of Power Points.

D.
--
Touch-twice life. Eat. Drink. Laugh.

Oct 5th, 2004 JDL

Old October 2nd 05, 01:05 AM
Pat Flannery

Derek Lyons wrote:

No matter how hard the fanboys handwave - Kliper remains a mockup and
a disk full of Power Points.

We need a CEV mock-up.
We can not allow a mock-up gap! :-)

Pat

Old October 3rd 05, 03:38 PM
Monte Davis

Pat Flannery wrote:

We need a CEV mock-up.
We can not allow a mock-up gap! :-)

The mock-up that controls USENet controls the world.