Solar storm etc

Old November 3rd 03, 01:10 PM
amazure ²°°³

Default Solar storm etc

During the solar storm & the one 2 days or so after, my pc's
monitor kept changing picture width slightly (annoying) !

Today it started again, so is there another solar / geomagnetic storm?

Some of the width changes have been larger & more 'violent' than
the first two times. It never gives me any problems any other time.

Regards.

Old November 3rd 03, 01:34 PM

"amazure ²°°³"
wrote in message ...
During the solar storm & the one 2 days or so after, my pc's
monitor kept changing picture width slightly (annoying) !

Today it started again, so is there another solar / geomagnetic storm?

Some of the width changes have been larger & more 'violent' than
the first two times. It never gives me any problems any other time.

Regards.

The Green led's in my truck odometer and radio display turned blue for a
while about the same time.
Hmmm?

Old November 3rd 03, 11:54 PM
Emmersome Bigguns

"Tom Randy" wrote in message
On Mon, 03 Nov 2003 07:10:10 -0500, amazure ²°°³ wrote:

During the solar storm & the one 2 days or so after, my pc's monitor

kept
changing picture width slightly (annoying) !

Today it started again, so is there another solar / geomagnetic storm?

Some of the width changes have been larger & more 'violent' than the
first two times. It never gives me any problems any other time.

Regards.

The storms have absolutely nothing to do with your computer at all.

It must be the monitor itself or a software issue.

A student of Dr. Ming?
I suggest you go back and study basic electronics and re-think that
statement.

---

Old November 4th 03, 12:06 PM
ck26

Yeah - mine's started doing that when I've had the monitor switched off - I
think there must have been a surreptiously installed windows update for the
graphics accelaorator recently.

Old November 4th 03, 12:06 PM
ck26

Old November 4th 03, 08:41 PM
Thijs Verbeek

Basic elctronics tel me, that when a electro-magnetic storm can have an
impact large enough to overload a power station, it wil influence your
monitor aswel.

My sony tv is mounted on an rotating platform, so I can view television
whereever I sit in my living-room. When I rotate too fast, I get a funny
coloured didtortion at the corners. And that's just the influence from the
earth magnetic field.

. ..