Solar Sails

Old November 6th 11, 05:30 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2[_2_]

Default Solar Sails

There cheap and can reach a speed of half c. That means they can get
to the neaest star in 8 years. How about a solar parachute? A solar
balloon. It has the easiest engineering.Be nice if they were pushed
into deep space by lasers and from the Moon. TreBert
Old November 6th 11, 06:29 PM posted to alt.astronomy
[email protected]

YOU AIN'T GOT 8 YEARS, BEERTbrainMORONIDIOT!

Saul Levy

Old November 6th 11, 06:52 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Hägar

"G=EMC^2" wrote in message
There cheap and can reach a speed of half c. That means they can get
to the neaest star in 8 years. How about a solar parachute? A solar
balloon. It has the easiest engineering.Be nice if they were pushed
into deep space by lasers and from the Moon. TreBert

You ignorant moron. The nearest star is the binary system of
Alpha Centauri, 4.2LY away.
A 6.5 Million Square Feet Sail will accelerate at 1(one) millimeter
per second.

http://www.planetary.org/programs/pr...ng/whatis.html

Then, if you get a third of the way there the pressure
from Alpha Centauri, because it is a dual star system, balances the
Sun's pressure and you lose all thrust and decelerate for the next
third of the voyage. So, for the final 1/3 of the leg you'll do what ??

PS: I just love the way you think things out, BeeertBrain.

Old November 6th 11, 07:07 PM posted to alt.astronomy
HVAC[_2_]

On 11/6/2011 1:52 PM, Hägar wrote:
wrote in message
There cheap and can reach a speed of half c. That means they can get
to the neaest star in 8 years. How about a solar parachute? A solar
balloon. It has the easiest engineering.Be nice if they were pushed
into deep space by lasers and from the Moon. TreBert

You ignorant moron. The nearest star is the binary system of
Alpha Centauri, 4.2LY away.
A 6.5 Million Square Feet Sail will accelerate at 1(one) millimeter
per second.

http://www.planetary.org/programs/pr...ng/whatis.html

Then, if you get a third of the way there the pressure
from Alpha Centauri, because it is a dual star system, balances the
Sun's pressure and you lose all thrust and decelerate for the next
third of the voyage. So, for the final 1/3 of the leg you'll do what ??

PS: I just love the way you think things out, BeeertBrain.

By far the best way to explore the galaxy would be with a
Von Neumann Probe. Speed would really not be a factor.

Even if it took 40,000 years to reach a star system, the
galaxy would be completely explored within a few million years.

That just another stake in the heart of alien believers.

A fusion drive with magnetic 'funnels' to draw in random
atoms of noble gasses would be a way to approach light speed.

--
"OK you ****s, let's see what you can do now" -Hit Girl
Old November 7th 11, 01:43 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2[_2_]

On Nov 6, 1:52*pm, "Hägar" wrote:
"G=EMC^2" wrote in message

There cheap and can reach a speed of half c. That means they can get
to the neaest star in 8 years. * How about a solar parachute? A solar
balloon. It has the easiest engineering.Be nice if they were pushed
into deep space by lasers and from the Moon. *TreBert

You ignorant moron. *The nearest star is the binary system of
Alpha Centauri, 4.2LY away.
A 6.5 Million Square Feet Sail will accelerate at 1(one) millimeter
per second.

http://www.planetary.org/programs/pr...ng/whatis.html

Then, if you get a third of the way there the pressure
from Alpha Centauri, because it is a dual star system, balances the
Sun's pressure and you lose all thrust and decelerate for the next
third of the voyage. *So, for the final 1/3 of the leg you'll do what ??

PS: I just love the way you think things out, BeeertBrain.

Right you are. I am a great thinker,and my posts prove it. You are a
low wit thinker and your negative posts prove it. You try to raise
your ego by saying I'm wrong all the time. You are to stupid to get
the picture Get lost. You are an insult to humankind. TreBert
Old November 7th 11, 01:46 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2[_2_]

*wrote in message
[...]

"OK you ****s, let's see what you can do now" -Hit Girlhttp://www.youtube..com/watch?v=CjO7kBqTFqo

Explain "Magnetic Funnels" Be nice if we could get rid of you for 40
years O ya TreBert
Old November 7th 11, 02:50 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Hägar

"G=EMC^2" wrote in message
On Nov 6, 1:52 pm, "Hägar" wrote:
"G=EMC^2" wrote in message

[...]

*** So please explain then how you plan to "sail" against the
incoming flow of photons from Alpha Centauri A and B .... tacking ????
Bwahahahahahahahahhhh .....
Maybe you can build a huge Barrel Boat, with sails, BeeertBrain ...

Old November 7th 11, 11:17 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2[_2_]

On Nov 7, 9:50*am, "Hägar" wrote:
"G=EMC^2" wrote in message

On Nov 6, 1:52 pm, "Hägar" wrote:

"G=EMC^2" wrote in message

[...]

Bring the sail in,an coast. Alpha Centauri has gravity. Turn on your
ion engine to slow down. Lots of luck collecting hydrogen atoms Ha Ha
Ha You are a joke. TreBert
Old November 8th 11, 01:43 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Hägar

"G=EMC^2" wrote in message
On Nov 7, 9:50 am, "Hägar" wrote:
"G=EMC^2" wrote in message

On Nov 6, 1:52 pm, "Hägar" wrote:

"G=EMC^2" wrote in message

[...]

*** You're one funny dude, BeeertBrain ... first you rail against the
ion engine, even though it has been proven to be very reliable, but
then, like magic, you pull one out of your ass, 2 LYs from home to
slow you down. So ... why not use an Ion Engine from the outset ???
surely a whole lot cheaper than building a Solar sail the size of
Rhode Island in some remote location like L1, to keep it from
collapsing on itself. You are one ignorant putz.

Old November 8th 11, 03:07 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2[_2_]

On Nov 7, 8:43*pm, "Hägar" wrote:
"G=EMC^2" wrote in message

On Nov 7, 9:50 am, "Hägar" wrote:

"G=EMC^2" wrote in message

On Nov 6, 1:52 pm, "Hägar" wrote:

"G=EMC^2" wrote in message

[...]

Hagar my sail boats all have other ways than wind to go from A to B
Fact is my last boat has #1 sail #2 duck foot motor(my invention),and
an electric motor. I can use all three and they are green energy. You
are to stupid to get the picture. Bad mouth is all your posts prove.
You are a worthless turd of the universe. TreBert