We Are Not a Spacefaring Civilization

Old June 9th 18, 12:33 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Mark Earnest[_2_]

Default We Are Not a Spacefaring Civilization

We will remain frozen in time until we stop thinking about money and how we will fill our stomachs.
Old June 10th 18, 06:23 PM posted to alt.astronomy
[email protected]

Man will never venture beyond the solar system.

Distances far too big & speeds far too small !
Old June 10th 18, 06:29 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Mark Earnest[_2_]

On Sunday, June 10, 2018 at 12:23:05 PM UTC-5, casagi... wrote:
Man will never venture beyond the solar system.

Distances far too big & speeds far too small !

We heard you the first of the last ten times you said this.

Old June 10th 18, 07:52 PM posted to alt.astronomy
herbert glazier

On Sunday, June 10, 2018 at 10:23:05 AM UTC-7, wrote:
Man will never venture beyond the solar system.

Distances far too big & speeds far too small !

Best to watch the universe on TV with the eyes of Hubble.Best we make the Bad Lands of S.D.just like on Mars(Simulation) Its a lot cheaper,safer and 100% less boring.Bert
Old June 10th 18, 08:44 PM posted to alt.astronomy
hanson

"Herbert Glazier" wrote:
Bert was always a mental cadaver
proven by Bert's daily, idiotic palaver. Bert

Old June 10th 18, 08:47 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Mark Earnest[_2_]

On Sunday, June 10, 2018 at 1:52:58 PM UTC-5, Herbert Glazier wrote:
On Sunday, June 10, 2018 at 10:23:05 AM UTC-7, wrote:
Man will never venture beyond the solar system.

Distances far too big & speeds far too small !

Best to watch the universe on TV with the eyes of Hubble.Best we make the Bad Lands of S.D.just like on Mars(Simulation) Its a lot cheaper,safer and 100% less boring.Bert

Much more fun to go to Alpha Centauri than to think about it.
Old June 10th 18, 10:11 PM posted to alt.astronomy
[email protected]

Man will never venture beyond the solar system.

Distances far too big & speeds far too small !

We heard you the first of the last ten times you said this.

Well then, why do you and others keep talking about visiting other
stars, etc. ? !

Total fantasy !

No other intelligent beings can, or have visited us either. Sorry if I
keep repeating this, but it's important evidence supporting my
supposition.
Old June 10th 18, 11:25 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Mark Earnest[_2_]

On Sunday, June 10, 2018 at 4:11:07 PM UTC-5, casagi.. wrote:
Man will never venture beyond the solar system.

Distances far too big & speeds far too small !

We heard you the first of the last ten times you said this.

Well then, why do you and others keep talking about visiting other
stars, etc. ? !

Total fantasy !

No other intelligent beings can, or have visited us either. Sorry if I
keep repeating this, but it's important evidence supporting my
supposition.

You don't understand the nature of astrophysics. We already can go faster than

light. It is no fantasy to want to colonize the universe. Man has been going

to the universe ever since the rocket was invented 75 years ago.

Now if you have something to say just say it. But please stop repeating

yourself. It strikes a sour note. And quit not believing in what man can do.

It is nonbelieving people like you that are keeping the world from improving

itself and are keeping us stuck in the mud.

Old June 11th 18, 01:20 AM posted to alt.astronomy
[email protected]

You don't understand the nature of astrophysics. We already can go faster than

light.

Ridiculous and totally untrue ! Fastest space probe so far is slower
than light by a factor of 30,000 ! So one way to the very nearest star
will take 235,000 years !

It is no fantasy to want to colonize the universe.

Sure, but it's totally unrealistic to do so.

Man has been going

to the universe ever since the rocket was invented 75 years ago.

Well, man has been going into space since the first satellite
Sputnick, in Oct., 1957, but man's reach has been severly limited to
just the solar system. Fastest space probes will take many millennia
to reach anything.

Now if you have something to say just say it. But please stop repeating

yourself. It strikes a sour note.

You keep repeating yourself with talk about visiting stars, and
visiting aliens, when that's clearly impossible.

And quit not believing in what man can do.

Like I said, distances too big and speeds too small ...