ASTRO: M-45, revised background color

Old November 25th 07, 11:51 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
George Normandin[_1_]

Default ASTRO: M-45, revised background color

OK guys..... here's the same Pleiades shot with the background re-set in
IRIS to equalize the color. Wow's this?

George N

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	M45new.jpg
Views:	279
Size:	510.4 KB
ID:	1502
Old November 26th 07, 12:56 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

George Normandin wrote:
OK guys..... here's the same Pleiades shot with the background re-set in
IRIS to equalize the color. Wow's this?

George N

Much better! Doesn't look like that old 3M film any more.
Being color blind doesn't help with color balance!

This summer my wife's brother came out help care for their mother. He
wanted to cut wood for exercise and we have dozens of firs that didn't
survive last winter's lack of snow. I told him they'd keep him busy.
But he couldn't find them. They still had their now red needles. With
his red green color blindness the live and dead ones looked exactly the
same to him.

Yet he works in the electronics parts industry and can read the color
code just fine.

Rick

Old November 26th 07, 03:18 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Richard Crisp[_1_]

hey that's more like it George!

Old November 26th 07, 09:48 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Stefan Lilge

George, the background looks good now, very nice picture.

Stefan

Old November 27th 07, 02:51 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Doug W.

This one looks good on my monitor George.

--
Regards, Doug W.
www.photonsfate.com

Old November 28th 07, 02:59 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
George Normandin[_1_]

"Doug W." wrote
This one looks good on my monitor George.

Doug, et al,

Thanks for the input guys!! I'll balance the sky background to even
"count" in future images with the 80mm Brandon and the DSLR.

George N