ASTRO: Saturns narrowing rings

Old March 6th 09, 08:37 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Adriano

Default ASTRO: Saturns narrowing rings

Here's my first attempt at Saturn this year (actually my first
astrophoto after about 2 years hiatus from the craft). Taken in marginal
seeing last night. Used a Celestron C8 at f/60 (12000mm). ToUCam,
Registax, 1665 frames. Thanks for looking.
--
Adriano
34°14'11.7"N

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Saturn-2009-03-06-1665frames-web.jpg
Views:	397
Size:	8.3 KB
ID:	2348
Old March 6th 09, 09:15 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

Adriano wrote:

Here's my first attempt at Saturn this year (actually my first
astrophoto after about 2 years hiatus from the craft). Taken in marginal
seeing last night. Used a Celestron C8 at f/60 (12000mm). ToUCam,
Registax, 1665 frames. Thanks for looking.

Welcome back!
I was wondering what happened to you. Don't stay away! I had a 5 year
gap in imaging between the film and CCD age. It was almost like
starting all over again as to the processing side of things. I still
know a darkroom a lot better than image software!

I hate to admit it but I haven't even looked at Saturn this year with
anything more than my naked eye. What with the big moon out there I
should pull away from deep sky imaging and stick in an eyepiece. I must
have a few around here someplace.

I had a USB 1.1 web cam years ago but it is now history. I never did as
well as your Saturn with it. I should reinvest in a better one and try
again.

Rick

Old March 6th 09, 09:30 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Adriano

Thanks Rick. I was surprised when I looked at saturn through the scope;
I knew the rings were narrow but seeing it "in person" was neat. Watch
for a transit of Titan (it might only be it's shadow) on the 11th
(starts around midnight on the west coast I think).

Old March 7th 09, 10:22 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Stefan Lilge

A very pleasing view of Saturn, Adriano.
I should take a look at it myself ;-) Usually I shy away from removing the
CCD camera from the scope "just" to take a peek at a planet, but this looks
very nice.

Stefan

Old March 7th 09, 07:07 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Adriano

Thanks! I'm hoping for a night of decent seeing soon.

Stefan Lilge wrote:
A very pleasing view of Saturn, Adriano.
I should take a look at it myself ;-) Usually I shy away from removing the
CCD camera from the scope "just" to take a peek at a planet, but this looks
very nice.

Stefan

"Adriano" schrieb im Newsbeitrag

Here's my first attempt at Saturn this year (actually my first
astrophoto after about 2 years hiatus from the craft). Taken in marginal
seeing last night. Used a Celestron C8 at f/60 (12000mm). ToUCam,
Registax, 1665 frames. Thanks for looking.

--
Adriano
34°14'11.7"N

saturns rings are closing James Vincent UK Astronomy 2 March 30th 07 10:45 AM
Saturns Rings Saturn Amateur Astronomy 4 September 17th 05 07:11 PM
60 Minute Question : Saturns Rings [email protected] Amateur Astronomy 15 January 25th 05 02:02 AM
Saturns rings Joseph Chestnutt Misc 0 December 9th 03 04:19 AM
how old a saturns rings carl Misc 8 July 24th 03 09:10 PM