How cool is VL2

Old April 14th 07, 06:05 AM posted to sci.space.history,sci.physics,uk.sci.astronomy,sci.astro
[email protected]

Default How cool is VL2

Your Wikipedia koran that's actually more Jewish than not, as such
isn't actually the word of God, you know.
-
Brad Guth

Old April 14th 07, 06:27 AM posted to sci.space.history,sci.physics,uk.sci.astronomy,sci.astro
[email protected]

On Apr 13, 7:57 pm, The Ghost In The Machine
wrote:
So OK then. Contract with the X-prize committee and design a POOF and a
spacecraft to propel it. A few people will pay for that sort of thing.
$100M per trip, even.

Bigelow as done that one for us.. Russia or perhaps China will likely
launch the first of those full scale Bigelow Aerospace / Nautilus (aka
POOF).

Too bad that it's all too complex for our NASA that has to expend most
of its resources and talent on behalf of covering their butt.
-
Brad Guth

Old April 14th 07, 04:23 PM posted to sci.space.history,sci.physics,sci.astro,alt.fan.art-bell,alt.usenet.kooks
Art Deco[_6_]

wrote:

Instead of playing silly word games and of your having to continually
exclude evidence, how about instead, why don't you just answer my
questions.

Such as, how many terratonnes of acidic clouds and somewhat less
acidic haze does that toasty planet of Venus offer?

As I'd often asked before, as from others such as yourself, to merely
account for the 40 km to 100 km atmospheric realm that's obviously
chuck full of something other than mostly CO2.

Who are you replying to, Brad. Learn to post, cluebie.

"Still suffering from reading comprehension problems, Deco?
The section is clearly attributed to Art Deco, not to you, Deco."
-- Dr. David Tholen

"Who is "David Tholen", Daedalus? Still suffering from
attribution problems?"
-- Dr. David Tholen
Old April 14th 07, 04:24 PM posted to sci.space.history,sci.physics,sci.astro,alt.fan.art-bell,alt.usenet.kooks
Art Deco[_6_]

wrote:

On Apr 13, 7:57 pm, The Ghost In The Machine
wrote:
In sci.physics,

wrote
Most of Venus is hydrogen, and there's likely way more than a spare
100 teratonnes worth of easily accessible h2o within them thar acidic
clouds. Sorry, as you obviously have to know basic physics and even
more basic math for appreciating that one.

Ah, of course. And the reason we haven't detected this hydrogen
earthside is ...?

Perhaps too much S8, or perhaps there's too much of science that's
suggesting Venus simply isn't nearly as old as Earth. (that alone is
more than worth WWIII in the Old Testament mindset)

You could have just admitted you don't understand the question, Brad.

Old April 14th 07, 04:25 PM posted to sci.space.history,sci.physics,sci.astro,alt.fan.art-bell,alt.usenet.kooks
Art Deco[_6_]

wrote:

Your Wikipedia koran that's actually more Jewish than not, as such
isn't actually the word of God, you know.

Do you talk like this to people you meet on the street, Brad?

Old April 14th 07, 05:44 PM posted to sci.space.history,sci.physics,sci.astro,alt.fan.art-bell,alt.usenet.kooks
The Ghost In The Machine

In sci.physics, Art Deco

wrote
on Sat, 14 Apr 2007 09:23:05 -0600
:
wrote:

Instead of playing silly word games and of your having to continually
exclude evidence, how about instead, why don't you just answer my
questions.

Such as, how many terratonnes of acidic clouds and somewhat less
acidic haze does that toasty planet of Venus offer?

As I'd often asked before, as from others such as yourself, to merely
account for the 40 km to 100 km atmospheric realm that's obviously
chuck full of something other than mostly CO2.

Who are you replying to, Brad. Learn to post, cluebie.

He's replying to me. :-) However, he might be asking all of us.

There *is* the possibility of sulfuric acid in the clouds of Venus.
This is presumably a consequence of the combination of
the 0.015% sulfur dioxide and 0.002% water vapor. I'm not
entirely sure how to compute the amount of sulfuric acid, though
a very naive model suggests 0.0000003%.

Hydrogen chloride and hydrogen fluoride are indicated as traces.

Assuming a scale height of 9 km (Google is being
maddeningly unclear on the matter), I get 6.3 * 10^19
moles for the entire atmosphere. Sulfuric acid would then
be 1.89 * 10^11 moles or 1.85 * 10^10 kg, again assuming
the 0.0000003%.

This is far too much handwaving for my liking, admittedly, and
this acid would be distributed Venus-wide, making extraction
of all of it difficult.

#191,
Useless C++ Programming Idea #12995733:
bool f(bool g, bool h) { if(g) h = true; else h = false; return h;}

Old April 14th 07, 06:34 PM posted to sci.space.history,sci.physics,uk.sci.astronomy,sci.astro
John \C\

"Phineas T Puddleduck" wrote in message

You get funnier with each post.

But he will never be as "Funny" as you are, Gay Duck.

HJ

Old April 14th 07, 06:36 PM posted to sci.space.history,sci.physics,sci.astro,alt.fan.art-bell,alt.usenet.kooks
John \C\

"Art Deco" wrote in message

Do you talk like this to people you meet on the street, Brad?

Do you talk to the teen boys you molest in the City Park, Pedo Deco?

HJ

Old April 14th 07, 09:33 PM posted to sci.space.history,sci.physics,uk.sci.astronomy,sci.astro
[email protected]

On Apr 14, 9:44 am, The Ghost In The Machine
wrote:

This is far too much handwaving for my liking, admittedly, and
this acid would be distributed Venus-wide, making extraction
of all of it difficult.

Basic laws of physics blows most of your "handwaving" out the window.

It's roughly a 1 bar environment of most extensively S8 that's in the
atmospheric realm of 50 km. S8 has a SG worth of 2 g/cm3, and as you
continue upward it gets even cooler, and that ratio should become more
worthy of Co2 that's clearly a less massive element than S8.

Just a few km below the 50 km mark (especially if going by season of
nighttime), there's a fairly robust layer of S8 to deal with. Of
course h2o and S8 makes for a rather nasty acid, that's likely wet
anywhere near or above the 50 km mark.

John Ackerman offers a reasonably good interpretation of the best
available science, thereby shares his honest review and subsequent
analogy of what's available, and as such it's not nearly as slight as
we've been informed. There's simply more of water to behold of what's
likely within those acidic clouds and extensice haze, than is given
credit by the likes of whatever's given by way of our NASA and of
their mostly Jewish peer review stamp of approval.
-
Brad Guth

Old April 15th 07, 12:00 AM posted to sci.space.history,sci.physics,sci.astro,alt.fan.art-bell,alt.usenet.kooks
Art Deco[_6_]

wrote:

This is far too much handwaving for my liking, admittedly, and
this acid would be distributed Venus-wide, making extraction
of all of it difficult.

Basic laws of physics blows most of your "handwaving" out the window.

Which you know nothing about, despite all your reams of postering.

very cool ROC Amateur Astronomy 2 June 28th 05 06:00 AM
COOL www.ultravideo.fr.st Astronomy Misc 0 March 29th 04 04:44 AM
COOL www.ultravideo.fr.st Amateur Astronomy 0 March 29th 04 04:44 AM
Cool! Sally Misc 3 November 27th 03 01:21 PM
Cool! Sally UK Astronomy 2 November 27th 03 12:56 PM