Asteroid 2004 XP14 approaches...

Old July 2nd 06, 05:22 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy,sci.astro.amateur
Paul Neave

Default Asteroid 2004 XP14 approaches...

"It is set to make its closest approach to Earth, above the west coast
of North America, at 0444 GMT."

So I was just wondering, does anyone here plan to photograph it, and if
they do, what sort of image quality (size etc.) do you expect to get?

Curiously,
Paul.
Old July 2nd 06, 09:23 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy,sci.astro.amateur
Matthew Ota[_1_]

Astroimagers in the Orange County Astronomers amateur astronomy club
are aware of the asteroid adn I am certain that one or two of them are
going to not only photgraph it, they will make a movie out of it. Stay
tuned he

http://www.ocastronomers.org/astroim...inor%20Planets

Matthew Ota
www.ocastronomers.org

Old July 3rd 06, 08:57 AM posted to uk.sci.astronomy,sci.astro.amateur
pussy-galore

It's too bad it's mag 11. Aperture is the key to seeing it.