Did anyone see the shooting star in the south west last night?

Old September 2nd 03, 01:48 AM
David Slade

Default Did anyone see the shooting star in the south west last night?

Hi
I live in north devon and was looking to the west at about 1:40 this morning
when i saw a really bright orange streak then just after it disappeared i
heard a bang (i assume this was the object exploding) that has definitely
made my mind up to get myself a decent scope to look at other night sky
objects.

dave

Old September 2nd 03, 03:45 AM
Bonnie Granat

"David Slade" wrote in message
Hi
I live in north devon and was looking to the west at about 1:40 this

morning
when i saw a really bright orange streak then just after it disappeared i
heard a bang (i assume this was the object exploding) that has definitely
made my mind up to get myself a decent scope to look at other night sky
objects.

dave

I just heard about an unidentified bright object around Monterey on the
news. Saw some video, too. Unfortunately, there was little hard information
in it. They treated it as a joke, actually.

--
___________________________
Bonnie Granat

Old September 2nd 03, 04:11 AM
Bonnie Granat

"Bonnie Granat" wrote in message

"David Slade" wrote in message
Hi
I live in north devon and was looking to the west at about 1:40 this

morning
when i saw a really bright orange streak then just after it disappeared

heard a bang (i assume this was the object exploding) that has

definitely
made my mind up to get myself a decent scope to look at other night sky
objects.

dave

I just heard about an unidentified bright object around Monterey on the
news. Saw some video, too. Unfortunately, there was little hard

information
in it. They treated it as a joke, actually.

Hmm. It occurs to me that we are on different continents... LOL.

--