About the sun question.

Old December 22nd 03, 07:38 PM
Edgar

Default About the sun question.

Dear everybody,

I have a quesstion about the sun.

We know the sun every day burning, so its diameter is contracting for 7-8km
every year. Now, the sun diameter is about 1,392,000km. Then, before
1,000,000 year ago, it may be a big sun. Its diameter is possible have
8,392,000km.

If that is true than must be no living being on the earth.

Old December 22nd 03, 10:05 PM
Mark Little

This may help provide a different perspective to the (probably) creationist
view.

http://www.asa3.org/ASA/topics/Astro...86VanTill.html

Consider that the sun is fluid and dynamic and it's diameter will have
oscillatory components.

regards,
Mark

Old December 23rd 03, 12:04 AM
CeeBee

"Edgar" wrote in alt.astronomy.solar:

We know the sun every day burning, so its diameter is contracting for
7-8km every year. Now, the sun diameter is about 1,392,000km. Then,
before 1,000,000 year ago, it may be a big sun. Its diameter is
possible have 8,392,000km.

If that is true than must be no living being on the earth.

The only thing that is true is that bad understanding of solar dynamics
isn't good understanding of solar dynamics.

--
CeeBee

"I am not a crook"

Old December 23rd 03, 03:54 AM
Wally Anglesea™

On Tue, 23 Dec 2003 02:38:22 +0800, "Edgar"
wrote:

Dear everybody,

I have a quesstion about the sun.

We know the sun every day burning, so its diameter is contracting for 7-8km
every year.

Where are you getting your figure of contraction from?

Now, the sun diameter is about 1,392,000km. Then, before
1,000,000 year ago, it may be a big sun. Its diameter is possible have
8,392,000km.

If that is true than must be no living being on the earth.

--

Find out about Australia's most dangerous Doomsday Cult:
http://users.bigpond.net.au/wanglese/pebble.htm

"You can't fool me, it's turtles all the way down."

Old December 23rd 03, 07:27 AM
David Knisely

Edgar posted:

We know the sun every day burning, so its diameter is contracting for 7-8km
every year.

No, the sun's diameter is *not* contracting. In fact, in a few billion years,
it will eventually expand to a point where it will swallow up the inner
planets and possibly the Earth as well.
--
David W. Knisely
Prairie Astronomy Club: