Breaking News! NASA Astronaut Marsha Ivins ****ting Her Diapers!

Old May 28th 07, 10:51 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.space.station,sci.space.shuttle
kT

Default Breaking News! NASA Astronaut Marsha Ivins ****ting Her Diapers!

http://forum.nasaspaceflight.com/for...d=8071&start=1

http://forum.nasaspaceflight.com/for...ts=367&start=1

Better get some more depends, Marsha.

--
Get A Free Orbiter Space Flight Simulator :
http://orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/orbit.html
Old May 29th 07, 09:22 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.space.station,sci.space.shuttle
Brian Gaff

Like I say, nobody wants to get too far into this project before Bush is
replaced?

Brian

Email:

Old May 29th 07, 10:29 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.space.station,sci.space.shuttle
Pat Flannery

Brian Gaff wrote:
Like I say, nobody wants to get too far into this project before Bush is
replaced?

I assume that's the case, yes.
I think this whole program has the life expectancy on a mayfly come
November 7, 2008, if not sooner.

Pat
Old May 29th 07, 02:44 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.space.station,sci.space.shuttle
kT

Brian Gaff wrote:

Like I say, nobody wants to get too far into this project before Bush is
replaced?

Most of us would prefer it to die immediately.

Ares I and the VSE will go down as the *WORST* engineering debacle in
modern history, that it was fraudulently perpetrated makes it worse.

What did Marsha Ivins know, and when did she know it?

Old May 29th 07, 11:24 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.space.station,sci.space.shuttle
Jonathan

"Pat Flannery" wrote in message

Brian Gaff wrote:
Like I say, nobody wants to get too far into this project before Bush is
replaced?

I assume that's the case, yes.
I think this whole program has the life expectancy on a mayfly come
November 7, 2008, if not sooner.

Although a replacement for the shuttle doesn't have to wait.
I bet they make the CEV work somehow. By reducing the
crew maybe, which might be a clue it's not meant for
the moon anymore. Although I defer to all of you on
the rocket science stuff.

It's just what we do with the new hardware, George W
shouldn't be allowed to decide. He's just not qualified.
I bet our President hasn't spent more than half a day /in total/
discussing/reading/meeting about the future of NASA.

Pat

Old May 29th 07, 11:26 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.space.station,sci.space.shuttle
Jonathan

"kT" wrote in message
Brian Gaff wrote:

Like I say, nobody wants to get too far into this project before Bush is
replaced?

Most of us would prefer it to die immediately.

Ares I and the VSE will go down as the *WORST* engineering debacle in
modern history, that it was fraudulently perpetrated makes it worse.

Isn't the six crew on the CEV a requirement for moon shots?
If they downsized it to four, would the stick be enough of
a booster then? I haven't been trying to follow the technical
side of this story.

Old May 29th 07, 11:47 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.space.station,sci.space.shuttle
kT

Jonathan wrote:
"kT" wrote in message
Brian Gaff wrote:

Like I say, nobody wants to get too far into this project before Bush is
replaced?

Most of us would prefer it to die immediately.

Ares I and the VSE will go down as the *WORST* engineering debacle in
modern history, that it was fraudulently perpetrated makes it worse.

Isn't the six crew on the CEV a requirement for moon shots?

No, it's always been a crew of four, with all four going to the surface.

One has to begin wondering some some bible college graduate just made
this **** up, the entire mission from beginning to end is like some kind
of elementary school child's class project. We used to do things like
this all the time back in the post sputnik /Apollo educational era.

If they downsized it to four, would the stick be enough of
a booster then? I haven't been trying to follow the technical
side of this story.

There is no technical side of the story, except as an analytic
description of how major engineering projects can go horribly awry.

What did Marsha Ivins know, and when did she know it?

Really, the whole VSE and ESAS story has now become almost obscene.

And just think, these people will have to live with this damn rocket.

I would hate to have that thing strung around my neck all the time.

Think it through, people, this is what you will be remembered for.

Old May 30th 07, 04:45 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.space.station,sci.space.shuttle
Henry Spencer

In article ,
Jonathan wrote:
It's just what we do with the new hardware, George W
shouldn't be allowed to decide. He's just not qualified.

Almost certainly he is blessing -- perhaps reluctantly, given how feeble
his support has been at budget time -- decisions reached by others.

I bet our President hasn't spent more than half a day /in total/
discussing/reading/meeting about the future of NASA.

You are being unrealistic if you expect very much more. Even an alert,
attentive President is a really, really, really, really busy guy, with a
thousand issues vying for his time. NASA scores poorly on almost every
measure of political importance, nowadays; it cannot reasonably expect
much of his attention.
Old May 30th 07, 06:50 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.space.station,sci.space.shuttle
Dave Michelson

Henry Spencer wrote:

... NASA scores poorly on almost every measure of political
importance, nowadays; it cannot reasonably expect much of his
attention.

Moreover, it always has, if Murray & Cox are to be believed. Eisenhower
and, initially, Kennedy, were quite disinterested in NASA. JFK was even
ready to dissolve the National Space Council had Johnson not stepped in
and taken it over.

--
Dave Michelson

Old May 30th 07, 06:52 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.space.station,sci.space.shuttle
kT

Dave Michelson wrote:
Henry Spencer wrote:

... NASA scores poorly on almost every measure of political
importance, nowadays; it cannot reasonably expect much of his
attention.

Moreover, it always has, if Murray & Cox are to be believed. Eisenhower
and, initially, Kennedy, were quite disinterested in NASA. JFK was even
ready to dissolve the National Space Council had Johnson not stepped in
and taken it over.

Soon it will be 'in their face'.

Coming soon to a climate near you : Science - The Action Movie.

Bush has nazified our scientific institutions. Every last one of them.