ASTRO: M106 and surrounding galaxies

Old May 27th 07, 02:08 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
David Cash[_2_]

Default ASTRO: M106 and surrounding galaxies

Hi to the group,

Here is a link to my latest galaxy image:
http://www.djcash.demon.co.uk/astro/..._25May2007.jpg

This was taken using a Skywatcher ED80 and a Starlight Xpress SXV-H9 CCD
camera. I used my Celestron C9.25 as an autoguider with a long exposure
modified webcam. A total of 22 frames of 5 minutes each at 1x1 binning were
taken. These were taken over a 4 hour period in between gaps in the clouds.

Regards and clear skies.
David Cash

Old May 28th 07, 03:16 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Richard Crisp[_1_]

that came out nicely David

do you have any problems with mirror shift using the C9.25 as a guide scope?

Old May 28th 07, 04:44 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
David Cash[_2_]

Hi Richard,

Thanks for the nice comments. It's not an ideal setup I know, but so far
I've not had any problems with image shift. I normally use the ED80 to guide
while imaging with the C9.25. When the seeing or wind is too bad I switch
them round. I quite like the wider field of view of the ED80.

By the way I like your wide field H-Alpha images taken with your Pentax 6x7
lens. Was the lens expensive? Great results though.

Regards
Dave

t...

Old May 28th 07, 04:53 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Richard Crisp[_1_]

"David Cash" wrote in message
Hi Richard,

Thanks for the nice comments. It's not an ideal setup I know, but so far
I've not had any problems with image shift. I normally use the ED80 to
guide while imaging with the C9.25. When the seeing or wind is too bad I
switch them round. I quite like the wider field of view of the ED80.

By the way I like your wide field H-Alpha images taken with your Pentax
6x7 lens. Was the lens expensive? Great results though.

those lenses are not expensive at all. look around and you can find them
well under $200

Old May 30th 07, 08:03 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Stefan Lilge

David,

the small pixels of the SXV-H9 and the small refractor make a nice match.

Stefan

ASTRO: M106 D van den H Astro Pictures 1 April 6th 07 09:45 AM
ASTRO: M106 Rick Johnson[_2_] Astro Pictures 11 March 15th 07 03:44 PM
ASTRO: M106 in LRGB + Ha (9 hours exposure) Richard Crisp Astronomy Misc 3 March 10th 04 02:49 PM
ASTRO: M106 in LRGB + Ha (9 hours exposure) Richard Crisp Amateur Astronomy 3 March 10th 04 02:49 PM
ASTRO: M106 in LRGB + Ha (9 hours exposure) Richard Crisp CCD Imaging 3 March 10th 04 02:49 PM