Astro humor

Old September 13th 03, 04:38 PM
Scutter

Default Astro humor

Thought you might enjoy these.....
--
Dan Braasch

-------------------
Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson are going camping. They pitch their tent
under the stars and go to sleep. Sometime in the middle of the night,
Holmes wakes Watson up: "Watson, look up at the stars, and tell me what
you deduce." Watson says, "I see millions of stars and even if a few of
those have planets, it's quite likely there are some planets like Earth,
and if there are a few planets like Earth out there, there might also be
life." Holmes replied: "Watson, you idiot, somebody stole our tent."
-------------------

YOU KNOW YOU'RE A DEEP SKY PERSON WHEN...

1. ... you consider the moon a major annoyance.
2. ... you consider Jupiter 'light pollution'.
3. ... you spend most of your time looking at or for objects
you can barely see.
4. ... your favorite objects are objects you can barely see.
5. ... you enjoy looking at faint fuzzies with the smallest
possible aperture.
6. ... you enjoy looking at faint fuzzies with the largest
possible aperture.
7. ... you like to choose objects that are easier to imagine
than to see.
8. ... your observing schedule demands that you search for
objects in twilight.
9. ... you keep thinking that if only the stars would go away,
it might really get dark.
10. ... you wonder how your favorite objects missed getting
included in the New General Catalog or the Index Catalog.
11. ... you're not sure that anything in this solar system counts
as astronomy anymore.
12. ... you're amazed that anyone needs artificial light to read
charts.
13. ... you could do a Messier Marathon from memory, if you
still bothered with Messier objects.
14. ... you can read all the NGC abbreviated visual descriptions
without using the key, but you have to be careful not to cheat
by just remembering what things look like.
15. ... you view a major earthquake as an opportunity for a close-
in dark-sky star party.
16. ... you welcome (and have even considered instigating) power
outages, but only if they occur on clear moonless nights.

Old September 13th 03, 04:42 PM
Scutter

Ignore this... I was in the process of picking out some humor I thought a
friend would enjoy and accidentaly sent it back here instead of to him.....

--
Dan Braasch

Old September 13th 03, 06:08 PM
Tim Longwell

Delete Post doesn't work in this NG? 8*)

--
Clear Skies!

========
Tim Longwell