Neil Armstrong Museum in Ohio

Old October 7th 19, 12:46 PM posted to sci.space.history
Jeff Findley[_6_]

Default Neil Armstrong Museum in Ohio

Yesterday, I went to the Neil Armstrong Museum in Wapakoneta, Ohio.

https://armstrongmuseum.org/

I've been there before 15+ years ago, and not much has changed. But
it's still a "must see" for anyone who's interested in seeing unique
artifacts that are "one of a kind".

Outside, you'll see the F5D Skylancer which was used to simulate
landings of the X-20 DynaSoar (so a one of a kind aircraft). Inside,
they have the actual, flown, Gemini VIII capsule on display (to me this
is the crowning jewel of the museum). They also have Armstrong's Gemini
spacesuit (I believe it's the flight suit, but don't quote me on that)
and Apollo spacesuit (the flight backup suit). Each Apollo astronaut
had three tailor made suits: training, flight, and backup, so for this
museum to have one of those three is pretty amazing.

Since I'd been there before, it only took an hour to see everything.
Their website says average time to see everything is 90 minutes.
Admission fee is $10 per person, which is reasonable, considering they
need the money for upkeep.

It's really in the middle of nowhere in Ohio, which speaks to
Armstrong's "small town" youth.

Jeff

Old October 8th 19, 05:39 AM posted to sci.space.history
danny burstein

In Jeff Findley writes:

Yesterday, I went to the Neil Armstrong Museum in Wapakoneta, Ohio.

https://armstrongmuseum.org/

[snip... seconded and thirded as a solid recommendation]

misc note: they're closed on Monday...

Old October 8th 19, 11:53 AM posted to sci.space.history
Jeff Findley[_6_]

In article , says...

In Jeff Findley writes:

Yesterday, I went to the Neil Armstrong Museum in Wapakoneta, Ohio.

https://armstrongmuseum.org/

[snip... seconded and thirded as a solid recommendation]

misc note: they're closed on Monday...

Agreed. Check the website before making the drive out there (it's in
the middle of nowhere).

Not too far away from the WACO Air Museum and the USAF Museum though.
So people traveling from far away can visit all three sites in a couple
of days (one for USAF Museum and another for the other two sites).

Jeff

Old October 19th 19, 03:05 AM posted to sci.space.history
Greg \(Strider\) Moore

"Jeff Findley" wrote in message

In article , says...

In Jeff Findley
writes:

Yesterday, I went to the Neil Armstrong Museum in Wapakoneta, Ohio.

https://armstrongmuseum.org/

[snip... seconded and thirded as a solid recommendation]

misc note: they're closed on Monday...

Agreed. Check the website before making the drive out there (it's in
the middle of nowhere).

Yeah, we stopped there about 8 years ago with the family. If you don't know
to look for it you won't see know it's there.
Great place though.

Not too far away from the WACO Air Museum and the USAF Museum though.
So people traveling from far away can visit all three sites in a couple
of days (one for USAF Museum and another for the other two sites).

Jeff

IT Disaster Response -
https://www.amazon.com/Disaster-Resp...dp/1484221834/