When Robots are Advanced Enough to make Robots...

Old August 2nd 18, 10:17 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

Default When Robots are Advanced Enough to make Robots...

On Thursday, August 2, 2018 at 1:43:22 PM UTC-7, Mark Earnest wrote:
On Thursday, August 2, 2018 at 2:21:29 PM UTC-5, Double-A wrote:
On Thursday, August 2, 2018 at 2:31:08 AM UTC-7, Daniel60 wrote:
Mark Earnest wrote on 2/08/2018 9:33 AM:
On Wednesday, August 1, 2018 at 11:53:08 AM UTC-5, Thomas wrote:
On Tuesday, July 31, 2018 at 8:51:28 PM UTC-4, Mark Earnest wrote:

If machines are aware of themselves that is why you can talk to
them. Doesn't that mean a soul is in operation?

Alexa...Do you have a soul? Alexa?

Animals, plants, rocks--they all have souls. Only thing that doesn't
are the monsters--but those have not been invented yet except in our
imagination.

If a rock has a soul and that rock gets broken into two, does each piece
have a complete soul or just have a soul each??

How about if that rock gets eroded into dust ... does each bit of dust
have a complete soul ... or just bits of a soul each??

--
Daniel

What about a person whose brain is split in two (lobotomy)?

Double-A

The flesh counts for nothing. He still has his mind he still has his soul.

But I have heard of situations with such individuals where their right hand quite literally does not know what their left hand is doing!

Double-A

Old August 2nd 18, 10:43 PM posted to alt.astronomy
herbert glazier

On Wednesday, August 1, 2018 at 6:16:40 AM UTC-7, Mark Earnest wrote:
On Tuesday, July 31, 2018 at 10:12:06 PM UTC-5, Herbert Glazier wrote:
On Tuesday, July 31, 2018 at 1:52:41 PM UTC-7, Double-A wrote:
On Tuesday, July 31, 2018 at 11:56:48 AM UTC-7, Herbert Glazier wrote:
On Monday, July 30, 2018 at 12:56:56 PM UTC-7, Mark Earnest wrote:
On Monday, July 30, 2018 at 2:43:20 PM UTC-5, Herbert Glazier wrote:
On Monday, July 30, 2018 at 12:04:33 PM UTC-7, Mark Earnest wrote:
...we could have a planet of robots--a new kind of alien to make friends with.

Sex too O ya The best.Woody Allen had it in a movie 45 years ago.Keep in mind lady robots all look Hollywood and never say no.Bert

That can happen if robots have a soul. Maybe they do.

Soul is not reality.It is used in the bible as to what is left when you are dead.Robots will not have souls they will have brain waves. This will make the news soon "Two robots bumped heads and LIGO came up their waves. waves.Bert

You soul is your consciousness. That is the only thing that is really real. Machines will never have consciousness, even though they may become technically aware of themselves.

Double-A

How much conscious does your brain have when you are asleep,or unconscious.Bible says when you die your "soul" goes to heaven or hell.Up or down.Nice souls go up.Ass hole souls go down.You sweat this out at pearly gate It comes under the uncertainty princable .Bert

People who die are dead and are waiting to be brought to life again.

Better be nice to Saint Peter!

Reality is the time it would take microbes to recyle you back to a human the Earth would be long gone. You get one shot like it or not.I'm a long shot Bert
Old August 2nd 18, 11:14 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Mark Earnest[_2_]

On Thursday, August 2, 2018 at 4:17:56 PM UTC-5, Double-A wrote:
[...]

When I type on the keyboard my fingers know where the keys are but I do not!

Old August 2nd 18, 11:17 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Mark Earnest[_2_]

On Thursday, August 2, 2018 at 4:43:28 PM UTC-5, Herbert Glazier wrote:
[...]

You get one shot at life and that is all. Then you come back to life when everyone else comes back to life and you continue from where you left off.

Old August 4th 18, 03:23 AM posted to alt.astronomy
herbert glazier

On Thursday, August 2, 2018 at 3:17:33 PM UTC-7, Mark Earnest wrote:
[...]

Life is fun right up to near the end.Dying is a waist of time Bert
Old August 4th 18, 10:59 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Daniel60

wrote:
On Wednesday, August 1, 2018 at 6:16:40 AM UTC-7, Mark Earnest
wrote:

Snip

People who die are dead and are waiting to be brought to life
again.

Better be nice to Saint Peter!

Reality is the time it would take microbes to recyle you back to a
human the Earth would be long gone. You get one shot like it or
not.I'm a long shot Bert

You get one shot at life and that is all. Then you come back to life
when everyone else comes back to life and you continue from where you
left off.

So, Mark, you mean I will come back as my present self, Cleopatra and
Mark Twain, and three other dudes that I don't recall completely?? ....
and all at once!!

--
Daniel
Old August 4th 18, 11:46 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Mark Earnest[_2_]

wrote:
On Wednesday, August 1, 2018 at 6:16:40 AM UTC-7, Mark Earnest
wrote:

Snip

People who die are dead and are waiting to be brought to life
again.

Better be nice to Saint Peter!

Reality is the time it would take microbes to recyle you back to a
human the Earth would be long gone. You get one shot like it or
not.I'm a long shot Bert

You get one shot at life and that is all. Then you come back to life
when everyone else comes back to life and you continue from where you
left off.

So, Mark, you mean I will come back as my present self, Cleopatra and
Mark Twain, and three other dudes that I don't recall completely?? ....
and all at once!!

Yes Daniel everyone will come back all at once--Cleopatra Mark Twain and even

the Three Stooges--they will continue from where the left off.
Old August 4th 18, 10:09 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

On Friday, August 3, 2018 at 7:23:47 PM UTC-7, Herbert Glazier wrote:
[...]

But over dosing on powerful amphetamines might be an exhilarating way to go! Surely a lot more fun than jumping off a picnic table with a rope around your neck!

Double-A

Old August 6th 18, 07:09 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Daniel60

wrote:
On Wednesday, August 1, 2018 at 6:16:40 AM UTC-7, Mark Earnest
wrote:

Snip

People who die are dead and are waiting to be brought to
life again.

Better be nice to Saint Peter!

Reality is the time it would take microbes to recyle you back
to a human the Earth would be long gone. You get one shot like
it or not.I'm a long shot Bert

You get one shot at life and that is all. Then you come back to
life when everyone else comes back to life and you continue from
where you left off.

So, Mark, you mean I will come back as my present self, Cleopatra
and Mark Twain, and three other dudes that I don't recall
completely?? .... and all at once!!

Yes Daniel everyone will come back all at once--Cleopatra Mark Twain
and even the Three Stooges--they will continue from where the left off.

Yes, but as I, and many others, have had past lives, I, and many others,
will come back as several separate peoples ... at the same time!!

--
Daniel
Old August 6th 18, 07:36 PM posted to alt.astronomy
herbert glazier

wrote:
On Wednesday, August 1, 2018 at 6:16:40 AM UTC-7, Mark Earnest
wrote:

Snip

[...]

One shot at life is all you get.Once dead the microbes thrive on you.They gave us life,and kept us alive.Its fitting they get the last bite.Bert

Robots and astronomy gb6726 Astronomy Misc 14 October 25th 07 08:13 PM
Robots - our helpers in space Jeff Findley Policy 11 December 3rd 04 11:47 PM
Alien Robots? phil360 SETI 16 July 10th 04 07:45 PM
Alien robots jacob navia SETI 1 July 9th 04 11:17 PM
Why Teams of Co-Operating Robots Make Good Planetary Explorers Ron Astronomy Misc 0 March 31st 04 06:01 PM