ok so this is

Old July 24th 03, 02:03 AM
Tom Markert

Default ok so this is

WAY OFF TOPIC, but to funny to pass up!
http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_801020.html
you gotta see this polar bear!
I havent had anything to drink in months, maybe I'm having withdraws?
Old July 24th 03, 02:12 AM
Phil S.

Tom Markert wrote in
:

WAY OFF TOPIC, but to funny to pass up!
http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_801020.html
you gotta see this polar bear!
I havent had anything to drink in months, maybe I'm having withdraws?

Looks to me like someone was having fun in Photoshop, or is there a reason
why some of the bars are purple too?

Phil S.
Old July 24th 03, 02:27 AM
Joe S.

Default This is SERIOUS -- and it's not a polar bear

This is a photo of cracks found during routing inspection of the Kaman
Aerospace SH-2 Seasprite helo. Pilots and crews of this bird were alarmed
at the fact that cracks were found all over the bird -- and it was still
being flown
http://www.tech-sol.net/humor/funphoto97.htm

--

----

Old July 24th 03, 03:41 AM
Davoud

Joe S:
This is a photo of cracks found during routing inspection of the Kaman
Aerospace SH-2 Seasprite helo...

*****

These cutesy things lose a lot when the photo is staged, as this one
was, rather than candid.

Davoud

--
usenet *at* davidillig dawt com
Old July 24th 03, 09:09 PM
Bill Davis Jr

On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 01:12:26 -0000, "Phil S."
wrote:

Tom Markert wrote in
:

WAY OFF TOPIC, but to funny to pass up!
http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_801020.html
you gotta see this polar bear!
I havent had anything to drink in months, maybe I'm having withdraws?

Looks to me like someone was having fun in Photoshop, or is there a reason
why some of the bars are purple too?

Phil S.

I saw that on the news channel this morning. They said it's fur is
purple because they gave the bear some kind of skin treatment and the
color will go away.
Old July 24th 03, 10:22 PM
lal_truckee

Bill Davis Jr wrote:

I saw that on the news channel this morning. They said it's fur is
purple because they gave the bear some kind of skin treatment and the
color will go away.

Everyone must know by now that seeing it on a news channel is not an
indication of truth. In fact, for some news channels, the relationship
seems inverse. That original picture had purple bars and a strangely
unpurple right rear leg; I also credit photoshop.

Can't we get back to arguing something constructive, like apo vs achro,
or goto vs pushto?

Old July 25th 03, 10:32 AM
Joe S.

According to CNN, the purple polar bear is for real and is not a Photoshop
creation:
http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/americ....ap/index.html

--

----
Joe S.

Old July 25th 03, 05:44 PM

On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 14:22:38 -0700, lal_truckee
wrote:
That original picture had purple bars and a strangely
unpurple right rear leg; I also credit photoshop.

Can't we get back to arguing something constructive, like apo vs achro,
or goto vs pushto?

So do you think the pictures of Odai and Qusai are real?