CEV to be made commercially available

Old December 15th 05, 01:31 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history

Default CEV to be made commercially available

Pat Flannery wrote:
Dave O'Neill wrote:

You've posted something like, according to Google, 25% of the content
of this particular Newsgroup.

What was really amazing was that sometimes it seemed like he was posting
for 24 or 36 hours straight with no sleep.
That's when I first suspected that he might be something other than
human. I think he first suspected that he might be something other than
human decades ago. :-D

I know what you mean.

The phrase that started to spring to mind with Rand was "the gentlemen
protests too much" whenever this behaviour was pointed out to him.

It is sometimes interesting to see the alien mindset at work though as
his world view is so "out there" compared to, well, pretty much
everybody I know.

Dave

Old December 15th 05, 01:34 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history

Pat Flannery wrote:
Dave O'Neill wrote:

All of the above have had strong to violent disagreements with you over
your debating technique and your view of the world both in space and on
Earth.

And Pat at least simply killfiled him so as not to be bothered by more
of his innanities.
(hint)

I've had Rand ignored for a good long while, but every so often he
creeps through with some lunacy or another.

Last week I just felt like playing. It's like picking at a scab.

I'll go back to lurking on the NG for the most part from now on.

Dave

Old December 15th 05, 01:46 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history

Pat Flannery wrote:
Dave O'Neill wrote:

I do wonder what the Rand Simberg "live act" is like though.

http://www.samizdata.net/blog/~pdeh/rand_perry.JPG
Rand is the dazed looking guy on the left standing next to the crazy
looking guy on the right.

I've seen the pictures, I'm curious about the actual person. I know a
few Usenews people who are bile and vitriol online but the nicest
people you could imagine in person.

Perry is certainly a strange one, at least to read his stuff.

That's from this webpage
BTW-http://www.samizdata.net/blog/archives/cat_antics_parties.html
This impresses my as one strange group.

It is a little odd, particularly by UK standards. While Rand says he's
not a Samizdata person, which I believe, he gets referenced there on a
not infrequent basis. If he does get some of his view of the British
"mainstream" from people with outlooks similar to Perry then he will
have a pretty bizarre view of how we generally think...

This is really stating the bloody obvious though

Dave

Old December 15th 05, 02:44 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history

"Rand Simberg" wrote in message
On 14 Dec 2005 16:46:05 -0800, in a place far, far away, "Dave
O'Neill" made the phosphor on my monitor glow in
such a way as to indicate that:

If he does get some of his view of the British
"mainstream" from people with outlooks similar to Perry then he will
have a pretty bizarre view of how we generally think...

I don't rely on Samizdara for my "view of the 'British mainstream.'"

Why would you believe such an absurd thing?

Oh. Right.

The reading comprehension thing again.

Yes, you're suffering from it. He never said he believed it. He posed a
hypothetical.

But don't let the actual words get in your way.

This is really stating the bloody obvious though

No kidding.

Old December 15th 05, 02:58 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history

Greg D. Moore (Strider) wrote:
"Rand Simberg" wrote in message
On 14 Dec 2005 16:46:05 -0800, in a place far, far away, "Dave
O'Neill" made the phosphor on my monitor glow in
such a way as to indicate that:

If he does get some of his view of the British
"mainstream" from people with outlooks similar to Perry then he will
have a pretty bizarre view of how we generally think...

I don't rely on Samizdara for my "view of the 'British mainstream.'"

Why would you believe such an absurd thing?

Oh. Right.

The reading comprehension thing again.

Yes, you're suffering from it. He never said he believed it. He posed a
hypothetical.

But don't let the actual words get in your way.

In particular my use of "If" and "some" and my intentional use of
inverted commas. Not to mention the context of a semi-serious exchange
with Pat.

Perhaps this is one of those really "rare" occasions where Rand was
mistaken or unclear in what he posted

Dave

Old December 15th 05, 05:05 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history

On 14 Dec 2005 16:46:05 -0800, in a place far, far away, "Dave
O'Neill" made the phosphor on my monitor glow in
such a way as to indicate that:

That's from this webpage
BTW-http://www.samizdata.net/blog/archives/cat_antics_parties.html
This impresses my as one strange group.

It is a little odd, particularly by UK standards. While Rand says he's
not a Samizdata person, which I believe, he gets referenced there on a
not infrequent basis.

Gosh, what a shock. Bloggers link to other bloggers...

Old December 15th 05, 06:54 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history

On Thu, 15 Dec 2005 01:44:43 GMT, in a place far, far away, "Greg D.
Moore \(Strider\)" made the phosphor
on my monitor glow in such a way as to indicate that:

"Rand Simberg" wrote in message
.. .
On 14 Dec 2005 16:46:05 -0800, in a place far, far away, "Dave
O'Neill" made the phosphor on my monitor glow in
such a way as to indicate that:

If he does get some of his view of the British
"mainstream" from people with outlooks similar to Perry then he will
have a pretty bizarre view of how we generally think...

I don't rely on Samizdara for my "view of the 'British mainstream.'"

Why would you believe such an absurd thing?

Oh. Right.

The reading comprehension thing again.

Yes, you're suffering from it. He never said he believed it. He posed a
hypothetical.

Then why pose the hypothetical?