Gordo's Weird Stories -- No Better Posthumously

Old October 7th 04, 11:47 PM
Jim Oberg

Default Gordo's Weird Stories -- No Better Posthumously

It's good to celebrate Gordon Cooper's life achievements -- but
I suggest we resist canonization of some of his loonier pursuits,
follow the links below to examine them:

Gordon Cooper's Stories

Good intro/overview essay:

http://www.edmitchellapollo14.com/ww...ages/2885.html

"The Hunt for Cooper's UFOs" (1984)

http://www.zip.com.au/~psmith/cooper.html

and

1 http://www.ufomind.com/ufo/updates/1.../m04-009.shtml

2 http://www.ufomind.com/ufo/updates/1.../m04-010.shtml

3 http://www.ufomind.com/ufo/updates/1.../m04-007.shtml

Cooper errors in McDivitt story

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=Co...&safe=off&r n
um=1&selm=20000505103036.13656.00000615%40ng-bh1.aol.com

Confiscated 'Area-51' Photos

http://www.space.com/sciencefiction/...ed_000929.html

Cooper's business disasters ($millions lost)

http://www.zip.com.au/~psmith/projects.html

AMAZON on 'Leap of Faith' - read the readers' comments

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...097189028/sr=8
-1/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i1_xgl14/103-6217389-8238223?v=glance&s=books&n=507846

Oberg's Letter to Paula Zahn (Dec 29, 1999)

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=ob...afe=off&rnu m
=34&selm=19991230143206.16052.00000087%40ng-fn1.aol.com

Old October 8th 04, 02:20 AM
Ugly Bob

"Jim Oberg" wrote in message

[...]

Hey, thanks for posting these, Jimo. I guess that we're down to
three now. That's too bad. I recently read Scott Carpenters, "For
Spacious Skies" and thoroughly enjoyed about the last half. Good
stuff about the transition from NACA to NASA and the astronaut
selection process in there. I suppose I'll have to read, "Leap of
Faith" now, too. Incidentally, when did Paula Zahn do a story on
UFOs? I must have been asleep or somethin' :-(

Old October 8th 04, 02:57 AM
Art Deco

Jim Oberg wrote:

It's good to celebrate Gordon Cooper's life achievements -- but
I suggest we resist canonization of some of his loonier pursuits,
follow the links below to examine them:

Gordon Cooper's Stories

Good intro/overview essay:

snip

I was sorry to hear of his passing. Unfortunately, lots of grist in
here for Alexa Cameron to spam usenet with in the future.

Old October 8th 04, 07:20 AM
http://www.hereinreality.com/irancontra.html

On Thu, 07 Oct 2004 19:57:44 -0600, Art Deco wrote:

Jim Oberg wrote:

It's good to celebrate Gordon Cooper's life achievements -- but
I suggest we resist canonization of some of his loonier pursuits,
follow the links below to examine them:

Gordon Cooper's Stories

Good intro/overview essay:

snip

I was sorry to hear of his passing. Unfortunately, lots of grist in
here for Alexa Cameron to spam usenet with in the future.

Please deposit 5 million dollars to the Swiss account, and remind the State
Department that they haven't got enough money in the entire world.

But they do however have an extraterrestrial saucer at Groom Lake.

Old October 8th 04, 02:40 PM
Daedalus

Jim Oberg wrote:

It's good to celebrate Gordon Cooper's life achievements -- but
I suggest we resist canonization of some of his loonier pursuits,
follow the links below to examine them:

Gordon Cooper's Stories

Good intro/overview essay:

snip

I was sorry to hear of his passing. Unfortunately, lots of grist in
here for Alexa Cameron to spam usenet with in the future.

Please deposit 5 million dollars to the Swiss account, and remind the State
Department that they haven't got enough money in the entire world.

But they do however have an extraterrestrial saucer at Groom Lake.

Piloted by Kit Green!

Jade

Old October 8th 04, 09:47 PM
Pat Flannery

Jim Oberg wrote:

It's good to celebrate Gordon Cooper's life achievements -- but
I suggest we resist canonization of some of his loonier pursuits,
follow the links below to examine them:

Cooper's "Space Kid was a Ms. Valerie Ransone.
Are that Valerie Ransone and the one mentioned in this article:
http://www.jmdigitalscrapbook.com/HK...KTVTimes.shtml
One and the same?
"The day began with breakfast, early for the locals but late for the
visitors, at the Furama with Chun Kam Fong, Five-O’s super sleuth, Chin
Ho, who is as celebrated here as MacArthur.

Other members of the party included MacArthur’s friend, the lovely
Valerie Ransone, former CBS correspondent and Washington power broker,
who was putting together the Far Eastern links in a new alternative
radio service, The Information Network, of which she is president,
principal shareholder, chief correspondent and board chairman. It also
included the Dutch photographer, Hugh Van Es, who speaks American
English with the tones of a Five-O villain."

I couldn't find a photo of her in a Google search of images; in fact,
this article is about the _only_ thing I could find that mentions a
"Valerie Ransone" that isn't related to Cooper's book. "CBS
correspondent"? "Washington power broker"? Huh? This needs more
research... :-\

Pat

Old October 9th 04, 10:49 AM
Pat Flannery

Jim Oberg wrote:

Does she have an address and phone number?

Yeah, like _I'm_ going to call her up and have little grays steal _my_
car while I'm chatting with her, like happened to poor Gordo.
Who's willing to bet that the phone number rings up the Torre Bert space
radio interception station in Italy, and disturbs Elena
Judica-Cordiglia's weekly I Ching reading for Ms. Ransone and the shade
of Edward R. Murrow?
You call her up Jim- but you make damn sure your horse is in plain sight
the entire time you have her on the phone, and that your hog-leg is well
oiled and loaded.
And watch the skies...keep watching the skies! :-)

Pat

Old October 9th 04, 03:49 PM
OM

On 9 Oct 2004 13:56:01 GMT, John Griffin
wrote:

Everything on this planet was born or built here.

....Except for the Apollo Lunar Samples, true tektites, and the
confirmed Mars meteorites.

OM

- General George S. Patton, Jr