Hoagland a fraud?

Old March 17th 04, 05:22 AM
$

On Wed, 17 Mar 2004 01:26:56 GMT, Bruce Palmer wrote:

Herb Schaltegger wrote:

In article ,
* wrote:

Abuse complaint filed.

AOL

Me too.

/AOL

You don't have to do that. Lockheed will just use Echelon to censor me.

HAHAHAHA. Cowards!

It algol lets me know the power of the pen is much mightier that the sword.

And further verifies Lockheed paranoia. I love it.

Old March 17th 04, 06:36 AM
$

On Tue, 16 Mar 2004 23:50:04 -0500, "Scott Hedrick"

* wrote:
And this is what NASA/Lockheed are hiding:

1. Hoagland a fraud.

NASA is making no attempt whatsoever to hide this. Hoagland proves it
himself with every statement.

That's what he's being paid to do.

Old March 17th 04, 01:09 PM
Herb Schaltegger

$ wrote:

On Wed, 17 Mar 2004 01:26:56 GMT, Bruce Palmer wrote:

Herb Schaltegger wrote:

In article ,
* wrote:

Abuse complaint filed.

AOL

Me too.

/AOL

You don't have to do that. Lockheed will just use Echelon to censor me.

HAHAHAHA. Cowards!

It algol lets me know the power of the pen is much mightier that the sword.

And further verifies Lockheed paranoia. I love it.

I've already filed a second abuse report. Should I file a third?

And, btw, your posts are coming through loud and clear, your fears of
censorship to the contrary. However, they are entirely off-topic and
off-charter for the sci.space newsgroups and THAT'S why people are
objecting. Confine your lunacy to the alt.* groups and no one will care.

--
Herb Schaltegger, B.S., J.D.
Reformed Aerospace Engineer
Old March 17th 04, 01:39 PM
Greg D. Moore \(Strider\)

"Herb Schaltegger" wrote in message
I've already filed a second abuse report. Should I file a third?

And, btw, your posts are coming through loud and clear, your fears of
censorship to the contrary. However, they are entirely off-topic and
off-charter for the sci.space newsgroups and THAT'S why people are
objecting. Confine your lunacy to the alt.* groups and no one will care.

Well, that's not ENTIRELY true Herb. If he actually posted verifable
evidence, he'd be welcomed with open arms.

I mean I think I speak for most sci.space folks that if there were REAL
evidence of life on Mars we'd love to hear it.

But as long as he spouts nonsense, I agree. He can stay with the alt.*
groups.

Old March 17th 04, 02:32 PM
jeff findley

* writes:

On 16 Mar 2004 18:07:07 -0800, (George William
Herbert) wrote:
The data format has been published.
Looking it up would require some actual
research in a library looking at journals,
however, which may be beyond your limited
capabilities.

You'd probably have to write some software to do it,
though there's an outside chance that Malin would
give it to you.

You keep making this out to be harder than it is.

Translation: no one has the programs to retrieve the raw Mars photographs
but Malin.

And you clearly lack the skills to write a simple program to transform
data from one format to another. This is one of the *easiest* types
of programs to write. I've written dozens of such programs over the
last 15 years or so. About half for "fun" and about half for work.

You don't even need a "modern" programming language to write this sort
of code. C would be my choice, but just about any other language that
has reasonably complete libraries for file I/O would suffice. You
don't even need a UI for such programs. Just run it from the command
line since the only input is the file to process.

I'm not saying that you personally need to write the code, but anyone
with a B.S. in Computer Science (or the equivalent experience) would
be able to write such a program in short order (not just Malin).

Jeff
--
Remove "no" and "spam" from email address to reply.
If it says "This is not spam!", it's surely a lie.
Old March 17th 04, 02:57 PM
Ami Silberman

"*" wrote in message Okay smart ass, why are the MOC
photos coded during transmission from Mars

Because to digitally store or transmit images they need to be encoded in
some sort of format. To transmit them, furthermore, there needs to be
further encoding to be able to detect and correct errors during
transmission. Conceptually, its no different than fax transmission in the
60s.

Old March 17th 04, 03:22 PM
Herb Schaltegger

I've already filed a second abuse report. Should I file a third?

And, btw, your posts are coming through loud and clear, your fears of
censorship to the contrary. However, they are entirely off-topic and
off-charter for the sci.space newsgroups and THAT'S why people are
objecting. Confine your lunacy to the alt.* groups and no one will care.

Well, that's not ENTIRELY true Herb. If he actually posted verifable
evidence, he'd be welcomed with open arms.

I mean I think I speak for most sci.space folks that if there were REAL
evidence of life on Mars we'd love to hear it.

But as long as he spouts nonsense, I agree. He can stay with the alt.*
groups.

Yeah, you're right. As it stands, however, he's spouting Guth-like
nonsense combined with Maxson-like anti-NASA/anti-Lockheed paranoia and
hostility.

The best, most intellectually-honest and interesting sources of
information regarding possible ancient life on Mars is probably
contained in the sites noted by JimO in his "F-word" (e.g., fossils)
column last week. Very interesting stuff there.

Old March 17th 04, 03:56 PM
Kent Betts

I have listened to Hoagland talk about the face on Mars and so on. It was a
challenge to try to figure out whether he was a fraud ( putting on a
performance) or if he was mentally unbalanced.

I have noticed that he now prefaces his presentations with lengthy
allegations of conspiracy to hide information, that NASA knows but doesn't
want you to know. So I think that this is strong evidence of paranoia and
is symptomatic of a delusional crank. A sort of functioning lunatic.

His recent descriptions of Mars rocks as relics of ancient machined parts
did not go over well.