One reply per troll per person per day please!

Old March 26th 04, 05:55 PM
Derek Lyons

Default One reply per troll per person per day please!

Guys, all the multiple replies do is fan the guttering flames of the
trolls intellect while clogging the newsgroup with drivel.

Please, one reply per troll per person per day!

D.
--
Touch-twice life. Eat. Drink. Laugh.
Old March 26th 04, 06:37 PM
Alan Erskine

"Bruce Palmer" wrote in message
t...
Derek Lyons wrote:
Guys, all the multiple replies do is fan the guttering flames of the
trolls intellect while clogging the newsgroup with drivel.

Please, one reply per troll per person per day!

How about none? The enthusiasm with which some participate in the troll
threads really makes me wonder whether they have anything better to
do... It's really not that hard to ignore the trolls once you put your
mind to it.

It's even easier to ignore them once you put your killfile to it.

--
Alan Erskine
We can get people to the Moon in five years,

Old March 27th 04, 02:57 PM
John Beaderstadt

On Sat, 27 Mar 2004 12:54:52 +0000, Jonathan Silverlight
wrote:

OTOH, I've also killfiled anything crossposted to more than three
groups. I credit this, alone, with bringing my blood pressure back to
near normal.

That last is worth doing on any group, but you than have to watch for
Ron Baalke's posts, which are usually worth reading.

Easy enough to do, with any filtering system that supports scoring or
that allows "unless" statements.

Old March 27th 04, 03:32 PM
Greg D. Moore \(Strider\)

"John Beaderstadt" wrote in message

OTOH, I've also killfiled anything crossposted to more than three
groups. I credit this, alone, with bringing my blood pressure back to
near normal.

It's that rule that's probably saving you more than anything else.

Old March 27th 04, 06:28 PM
John Beaderstadt

On Sat, 27 Mar 2004 15:32:37 GMT, "Greg D. Moore \(Strider\)"
wrote:

"John Beaderstadt" wrote in message
.. .

OTOH, I've also killfiled anything crossposted to more than three
groups. I credit this, alone, with bringing my blood pressure back to
near normal.

It's that rule that's probably saving you more than anything else.

I don't doubt it. Sort of makes me wonder why others don't follow
suit. Crossposted messages strike me as being akin to "Must-See TV."
To the best of my knowledge I've never seen a must-see tv event and,
near as I can tell, I'm perfectly happy. I doubt I'm missing much
from not reading crossposts, either.