OT - Congrats to the U.S. Rugby team

Old October 28th 03, 05:30 AM
Alan Erskine

Default OT - Congrats to the U.S. Rugby team

16 years without a victory in the Rugby World Cup and they cracked it
tonight. 39-26 over Japan. Well done and may there be more in the future.

(this from someone who doesn't like rugby - the next inovation in rugby will
be a handle on the ball so it's easier to carry when it gets too slippery
for the poor widdle players to hold - but I like and admire persistance).

--
Alan Erskine
alanterskine(at)hotmail.com

Due to Optusnet's failure to deal with
the current virus SPAM attack, respond
to alanterskine(at)hotmail.com

Old October 28th 03, 05:48 AM
Scott Lowther

Alan Erskine wrote:

16 years without a victory in the Rugby World Cup and they cracked it
tonight.

Rugby? Is that some sort of sport?

--
Scott Lowther, Engineer
Remove the obvious (capitalized) anti-spam
Old October 28th 03, 08:04 AM
LooseChanj

On or about Tue, 28 Oct 2003 04:48:45 GMT, Scott Lowther
made the sensational claim that:
Rugby? Is that some sort of sport?

Yeah, it's like soccer only not wussy.
--
This is a siggy | To E-mail, do note | This space is for rent
It's properly formatted | who you mean to reply-to | Inquire within if you

Old October 28th 03, 10:34 AM
OM

On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 04:48:45 GMT, Scott Lowther
wrote:

Alan Erskine wrote:

16 years without a victory in the Rugby World Cup and they cracked it
tonight.

Rugby? Is that some sort of sport?

....I thought it was the Limey version of group sex.

OM

- General George S. Patton, Jr
Old October 28th 03, 11:23 AM
Dale

wrote:

Alan Erskine wrote:

16 years without a victory in the Rugby World Cup and they cracked it
tonight.

Rugby? Is that some sort of sport?

...I thought it was the Limey version of group sex.

Yeah- after a good scrum, don't they all smoke a cigarette and take a shower?

Dale
Old October 28th 03, 12:12 PM
David Sander

Scott Lowther wrote:

Alan Erskine wrote:

16 years without a victory in the Rugby World Cup and they cracked it
tonight.

Rugby? Is that some sort of sport?

Yeah - sorta. It's kinda like American "foot"ball, but without the pussy
helmets and padding and sissy chat sessions (what do they talk about?
how they broke a nail? their mascara's all smeared?), actually requiring
participants to run for much of the duration of the game.

And when they have an event with "World" in the title, teams from more
than one nation turn up.

It is also invariably commentated on by announcers who make bellowing
bulls trampling runners at Pamplona sound like the Vienna Boys Choir.

For some people, it constitutes entertainment.

Go figure.

;-)

David
--
per aspera ad astra
Old October 28th 03, 01:57 PM
Brian McKillop

"David Sander" wrote in message
Scott Lowther wrote:

Yeah - sorta. It's kinda like American "foot"ball, but without the

pussy
helmets and padding and sissy chat sessions (what do they talk

about?
how they broke a nail? their mascara's all smeared?), actually

requiring
participants to run for much of the duration of the game.

Careful, David.

Remember our American cousins *are* the current Olympic gold medal
holders in the game they play in heaven (albeit through some bizarre
circumstances).

Brian

Old October 28th 03, 03:35 PM
David Sander

Brian McKillop wrote:

Remember our American cousins *are* the current Olympic gold medal
holders in the game they play in heaven (albeit through some bizarre
circumstances).

They play quoits in heaven?

Gosh.

:-P

David
--
per aspera ad astra
Old October 28th 03, 06:39 PM
Scott Lowther

Scott Lowther wrote:

Yeah - sorta. It's kinda like American "foot"ball, but without the

pussy
helmets and padding and sissy chat sessions (what do they talk

about?
how they broke a nail? their mascara's all smeared?), actually

requiring
participants to run for much of the duration of the game.

Careful, David.

Remember our American cousins *are* the current Olympic gold medal
holders in the game they play in heaven

Checkers? Space Invaders?