Enterprise OV-101 missing OMS pods

Old November 13th 04, 03:39 AM
Neil Gerace

"Pat Flannery" wrote in message

Anthony Frost wrote:

There's a line from the Watergate investigation along the same lines,

"So Mr X, who ordered the cover-up?"

"Nobody ever suggested there *wouldn't* be a cover-up"

"Plausible deniability."

Pat

"But I love Dick!"
"Yes, but you can't let Dick rule your life."

Old November 13th 04, 04:11 AM
Pat Flannery

Ami Silberman wrote:

Quite correct as usual. I was remembering something I had read quite a long
time ago, and I probably got it wrong. I will send you a (virtual) "I
corrected Ami" helium filled balloon animal...

Helium has the unusual characteristic of high thermal conductivity; take
a helium-filled balloon outside in subzero weather sometime, and watch
how fast it starts shrinking.

Pat

Old November 13th 04, 04:38 AM
Neil Gerace

"Pat Flannery" wrote in message

Neil Gerace wrote:

I fell into a burning Ring of Fire
I fell down down down
And the flames climbed higher
And it burned burned burned
The Ring of Fire
The Ring of Fire

Thank you sir, for a great blast from the past... my rocking horse
(red-painted) was "Ruby Red"
("Ruby Red, Diamond Blue, That's what my love is to you..."
How does the rest of that go, anyway?)
...and I thought "Ring of Fire" was one of the coolest songs imaginable.
Outside of "Ghostriders In The Sky" and "Cement Truck- Putsy-Putsy" of
course...

Neil, I owe you one... I owe you one _Big Time_

hehe well Make Mine Mink

http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0054049/combined

Old November 13th 04, 04:45 AM
Pat Flannery

Neil Gerace wrote:

"But I love Dick!"
"Yes, but you can't let Dick rule your life."

That was a hilarious movie.
I spotted one about Napoleon recently called "The Emperor's New Clothes"
that was also a ball.

Pat

Old November 13th 04, 02:50 PM
David Higgins

Pat Flannery wrote:
Nope, they just get accidentally pushed off cliffs during mass
migrations by their fellow lemmings.

Or helpful Disney production assistants. Wait, is
there a difference? ;-)
Old November 13th 04, 03:22 PM
Mary Shafer

On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 15:09:34 -0600, Pat Flannery
wrote:

Derek Lyons wrote:

but what the photos of the crash show is primarily and plainly
burning hydrogen, not burning fabric.

Not to those with eyes to see.

And from the back of the bar came the words "If ya got burnin' gas, it's
probably from them damn pickled eggs- they get me the same way..." :-)

My husband was just telling me about a guy who lived in the same dorm
at Iowa State and had a habit of setting his farts on fire. The guy
got some back flash on the last one he's known to have lit off and
ended up in the hospital for quite some time (and sitting carefully
for much longer).

Mary

Old November 13th 04, 10:25 PM
Pat Flannery

Mary Shafer wrote:

My husband was just telling me about a guy who lived in the same dorm
at Iowa State and had a habit of setting his farts on fire. The guy
got some back flash on the last one he's known to have lit off and
ended up in the hospital for quite some time (and sitting carefully
for much longer).

I saw a "Lit-Off Bomber" migrate back into a guy's pants (he did this
with his pants in the up position) and set fire to his pubic hair in
shop class around 1974....one of the highlights of my high school education.
Another student could open his mouth and shoot twin streams of spit out
of his salivary glands to a distance of three or four feet.
Yes, our class was like something you would find in an X-Men wannabe
school.
Magneto: "What's your _real_ name, Bob?"
Bob: "Spito"
Magneto: "You are a maniac among morons, Spito."
(Hands him back his spittoon.) :-)

Pat

Old November 13th 04, 11:57 PM
OM

On Sat, 13 Nov 2004 16:25:27 -0600, Pat Flannery
wrote:

I saw a "Lit-Off Bomber" migrate back into a guy's pants (he did this
with his pants in the up position) and set fire to his pubic hair in
shop class around 1974....one of the highlights of my high school education.

[Insert scenes of OM pulling similar pranks, such as blowing up one of
the Chem labs with a volcano simulator, demonstrating that swallowing
an Alka-Selzer whole is *not* fatal, and loading one of those baking
soda fire extinguishers so that it spewed out carbonated Kool-Aid
instead of just plain water, among other things...]

OM

- General George S. Patton, Jr
Old December 6th 04, 01:37 AM
Scott Hedrick