Should "The Stick" be scrapped?

Old August 13th 06, 01:57 AM posted to sci.space.science
[email protected]

Default Should "The Stick" be scrapped?

See:

http://www.spacedaily.com/reports/Sc...Stick_Now.html

Old August 21st 06, 08:01 AM posted to sci.space.science
Mike Swift

In article . com,
wrote:

See:

http://www.spacedaily.com/reports/Sc...Stick_Now.html

From this description of the Stick the program is little more than a

program to keep a lot of people employed. To call it a kluge would be
generous. It seems that the entire U.S. space industry is in the
business of recycling the last generation of hardware, and calling it a
new design. With the exception of the Space Shuttle and DC-X every
design is a recycle of the V-2 a WWII artillery rocket.

Our space companies are very much like the computer business in the
mid seventies. There were a group of well entrenched companies
sometimes called Snow White and the Seven dwarfs with IBM as Snow White.
Today we have a similar situation with a group of well entrenched space
companies. Where are the Steve Jobs, Steve Wozniac, and Bill Gates that
will build systems that dont require every part to have 100%
reliability, and throw away $50 million dollars worth of it with each
trip.

I just hope the people that will drive this paradigm shift will do their
work in the U.S., else history will see it as when The U.S. lost its
hegemony in space.

--
Mike

Some say we must tax corporations more. What they do not understand is that
corporations do not pay taxes. One of our governments conditions for their
existence is they collect the taxes from their customers and pass them to
the government.
Mike Swift
Old September 11th 08, 10:31 PM
lwb7221d lwb7221d is offline
Banned

Unhappy Nice topic

Nice topic,up up up.------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Welcome to our wow power leveling site:world of warcraft power leveling buy world of warcraft power leveling world of warcraft power leveling world of warcraft power leveling buy world of warcraft power leveling