ETX tripod - too tall

Old November 10th 04, 04:16 PM
Michael

Default ETX tripod - too tall

Hi,
I find that the tripod that comes with ETX-120 is a bit too tall for
me. I'm 5'8", and I have difficulty reaching to the EP. Should I get a
diagonal?

Regards,
Michael
Old November 10th 04, 04:43 PM
Roger Hamlett

"Michael" wrote in message
om...
Hi,
I find that the tripod that comes with ETX-120 is a bit too tall for
me. I'm 5'8", and I have difficulty reaching to the EP. Should I get a
diagonal?

I presume you mean an ETX-125?.
Your scope has a diagonal 'built in'.
On the normal tripod, the answer is not to fully extend the legs. I'm
puzzled if it is still too tall, since I have used this configuration with
several teenagers. Is your tripod 'standard'?.

Best Wishes

Old November 10th 04, 06:29 PM
Craig M. Bobchin

Hi Michael,

I have an ETX 105 and am 5'8" as well. I'm guessing you have an ETX 125,
but the tripod is the same (meade 884 with the round steel legs). Don't
extend the legs all the way. I typically only extend the legs 2 or 3
inches, and never have any problems reaching the eyepiece. Not overly
extending the legs has another advantage, it makes the tripod much more
stable.

In article ,
says...