difference between a group of giant planets and a group of earthlike planets?

Old April 12th 04, 05:44 PM
Mark

Default difference between a group of giant planets and a group of earthlike planets?

Hello,

Whats the difference between a group of giant planets and a group of
earthlike planets?

Thanks in advance

Mark from Holland

Old April 12th 04, 10:14 PM
Greg Neill

"Mark" wrote in message
Hello,

Whats the difference between a group of giant planets and a group of
earthlike planets?

Is this a trick question?

Old April 12th 04, 11:18 PM
Fred Garvin

On Mon, 12 Apr 2004 12:44:05 -0400, Mark wrote:

Hello,

Whats the difference between a group of giant planets and a group of
earthlike planets?

Thanks in advance

Mark from Holland

Can you rephrase this question? Not sure what you mean exactly.

--
If Bill Gates had a nickle for every time Windows crashed
.....oh wait......he does!
Old April 13th 04, 05:48 AM
Eric

Mark wrote:

Hello,

Whats the difference between a group of giant planets and a group of
earthlike planets?

Thanks in advance

Mark from Holland

Um, size? Did i win?
Old April 13th 04, 09:52 AM
onegod

We barely know existance of planet outside our system.
So, we can basically say by observing our system and say some are giant,
rest are earth? like...

Basically, bigger and farther away they are from the sun, more light gas it
can trap and get bigger.

Old April 13th 04, 03:59 PM
Robert McCurdy

May be its a trick question like : -
Whats the difference between a group of football fanatics and a flock of seagulls?

One may be hit on the back of the head from unpleasant ejected objects from either?

As to the original query: -
On Earthlike planets you get; Small atmospheres, Rocky denser bodies, Closer to the Sun, Warmer, Slower rotation periods, Fewer
natural satellites, no Rings, and Seagulls or Football fanatics.

Regards Robert

"Greg Neill" wrote in message .. .
"Mark" wrote in message
Hello,

Whats the difference between a group of giant planets and a group of
earthlike planets?

Is this a trick question?

---

Old April 13th 04, 04:08 PM
Benign Vanilla

"Robert McCurdy" wrote in message
May be its a trick question like : -
Whats the difference between a group of football fanatics and a flock of

seagulls?

One may be hit on the back of the head from unpleasant ejected objects

from either?

As to the original query: -
On Earthlike planets you get; Small atmospheres, Rocky denser bodies,

Closer to the Sun, Warmer, Slower rotation periods, Fewer
natural satellites, no Rings, and Seagulls or Football fanatics.

snip

I am all for the scientific method, but topics like this always get under my
skin. How can we really classify "the rules of planets" with such a small
data set? I mean we have at best 9-10 planets that we can observe, and only
one that we can observe with direct experiments. Surely, this is not enough
data to definitively say anything about other solar systems.

--
BV.
www.iheartmypond.com

Old April 13th 04, 08:16 PM
G=EMC^2 Glazier

Hi Mark from Holland To answer your question I'm taking the liberty of
thinking the large planets can block some of the their suns light,and
seen as a dot passing across their suns surface in our line of view,and
Earth size planets are two small to create this black dot. Bert

Old April 18th 04, 10:05 AM
Painius

We are babes reaching for an object. Each reach gets closer
to the correct direction. There has to be a starting point, BV.
There has to be a "first reach."

First reaches eventually lead to first steps.

happy days and...
starry starry nights!

--
Planets, stars and nebulae
Hold attention in the sky--

Paine Ellsworth

Old April 23rd 04, 05:27 AM
Kilolani

"Mark" wrote in message
Hello,

Whats the difference between a group of giant planets and a group of
earthlike planets?

Okay... let's see.

Giant planets are "giant."

Eartlike planets are "earthlike."

If you are asking the difference between how many extra solar giant planets
have been discovered vs. extrasolar earthlike planets, the numbers are 70
(or so) and zero.