Global Warming ....

Old December 26th 17, 10:31 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Hägar

Default Global Warming ....

.... kicking ass in Erie, PA:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.5e9c7abf1517

Old December 27th 17, 04:13 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Bast[_2_]

Hägar wrote:
... kicking ass in Erie, PA:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.5e9c7abf1517

Actually Hagar, this is counter to what you might think.
Lake Effect storms are actually worse when seasonal temperatures are higher
than "normal".

Cold air passing over the relatively warm open water picks up moisture, but
as it is still cold, it drops that moisture as snow as soon as it hits land.
If it actually stays cold, Lake Erie will freeze over and the "lake effect"
stops.

Mind you, anyone that has ever been to Erie Pennsylvania, would agree that
burying it in as much snow as possible, can only be an improvment.
Erie Pa. is home base of what many of us call......Pennsyl-tucky......with
the highest density of trailer parks in the East.
Hagar would feel right at home there.

Old December 27th 17, 05:12 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Hägar

"Bast" wrote in message news
Hägar wrote:
... kicking ass in Erie, PA:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.5e9c7abf1517

Actually Hagar, this is counter to what you might think.
Lake Effect storms are actually worse when seasonal temperatures are higher
than "normal".

Cold air passing over the relatively warm open water picks up moisture, but
as it is still cold, it drops that moisture as snow as soon as it hits land.
If it actually stays cold, Lake Erie will freeze over and the "lake effect"
stops.

Mind you, anyone that has ever been to Erie Pennsylvania, would agree that
burying it in as much snow as possible, can only be an improvment.
Erie Pa. is home base of what many of us call......Pennsyl-tucky......with
the highest density of trailer parks in the East.
Hagar would feel right at home there.

*** So, the fact that the entire mid-west, from Idaho to Texas and
East to New Hamp**** are in a deep freeze is all Lake Erie's fault ??
I thought you were smarter than that ... but then, you also fell for
the Hagar's trailer bit, which really is no big surprise.
Hope you get some over the New Year ...

Old December 27th 17, 06:04 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Bast[_2_]

Hägar wrote:
"Bast" wrote in message news
Hägar wrote:
[...]

If you really knew Erie PA,.....you would know I'm not even joking about the
trailer parks.
I know because I used to drive through there as part of my job at one time.

But the cold air is dropping out of Canada, thanks to a fluke flip of the
jetstream.
So we need another wall to stop it, as it happens almost every winter for a
few weeks.

Or would you rather I blame the jetstream shift on, chemtrails or Harrp ?
....When the explanation probably has a lot more to do with fluid dynamics.

Old December 27th 17, 07:28 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Hägar

"Bast" wrote in message news
Hägar wrote:
"Bast" wrote in message news
Hägar wrote:
[...]

*** You're back pedaling, Bast ... you claimed the 4 feet of snow
were caused by Lake Erie ... the people who study this **** blame
it on the "Polar Vortex", a blast of cold air from Alaska and the
Yukon Territory. Not a damn thing to do with Erie or trailer parks.
And my reference to "Global Warming" was meant sarcastically,
since, even if Hell did ever freeze over, the ****ing Libtards would
find a way to blame it on man-made Global Warming ... just sayin' ..

Old December 27th 17, 09:26 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Bast[_2_]

Hägar wrote:
"Bast" wrote in message news
Hägar wrote:
"Bast" wrote in message news
Hägar wrote:
[...]

I'm not backpeddling at all.
Look at where Erie PA is on a map, you dufus.

....Polar vortex,...ROTFLMAO

Lake effect snow is almost the norm in early winter in the southern/eastern
shores of the great lakes.
4' really is just a slightly over average dump for them.
Buffalo NY is also a well known winter blizzard target
But if you get 10 -20 miles away from the lakes the snowfall is only a
percentage of that.

You don't know **** about the weather even in the eastern part of
California. So go pback to ****ing on your wildfires.

Old December 27th 17, 09:57 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Notroll2016

"Bast" wrote in message news

Hägar wrote:
"Bast" wrote in message news
Hägar wrote:
"Bast" wrote in message news
Hägar wrote:
[...]

***I suspect the alcohol content of Hagar's pee is such that spraying it on
wildfires would be counterproductive. Plus the backpressure is so low that
dribbling on his shoes is the most we could hope for.

Old December 27th 17, 11:47 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Bast[_2_]

Notroll2016 wrote:
"Bast" wrote in message news

Hägar wrote:
"Bast" wrote in message news
Hägar wrote:
"Bast" wrote in message news
Hägar wrote:
[...]

I still share the opinion with Hagar that the " man made global climate
change" hoopla psuedo-science is just a cash grab created by the globalists
to take the last of our money.
So I'll be damned if I'm going to let a poopy excuse that is full of holes
that Erie Pa getting snow is proof of anything, and give the Gore hockey
stick graph supporters some credibility

They ALWAYS get snow in the winter, they ALWAYS have. Some years they get
more snow, some years less
No climate change at all from what has been occuring for hundreds of years.
It's just THE CLIMATE THERE.

Old December 28th 17, 12:00 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Notroll2016

"Bast" wrote in message news

Notroll2016 wrote:
"Bast" wrote in message news

Hägar wrote:
"Bast" wrote in message news
Hägar wrote:
"Bast" wrote in message news
Hägar wrote:
[...]

***If you are really going to follow the money, then consider who loses as
we shift to non-fossil based energy. That's what it's all about. Hagar
draws a fat pension from an electric utility. Guess where he gets his
talking points.

Old December 28th 17, 01:21 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Hägar

"Notroll2016" wrote in message news
"Bast" wrote in message news
Notroll2016 wrote:
"Bast" wrote in message news

Hägar wrote:
"Bast" wrote in message news
Hägar wrote:
"Bast" wrote in message news
Hägar wrote:
[...]

Troll, you really should re-read some of the mindless and repetitive

drivel you post here. Even Bast is trying to tell you, in her nonchalant
way, to go and pound your teeny weeny ...

More Global Warming ... Hägar Misc 6 December 10th 13 07:54 PM
Global Warming and what you can do to against it ...[_2_] Astronomy Misc 4 February 28th 10 03:39 AM
dinosaur extinction/global cooling &human extinction/global warming 281979 Astronomy Misc 0 December 17th 06 12:05 PM
Solar warming v. Global warming Roger Steer Amateur Astronomy 11 October 20th 05 01:23 AM
Global warming v. Solar warming Roger Steer UK Astronomy 1 October 18th 05 10:58 AM