Primitives and leftist environmentalists still trying to stop Hawaii30m telescope project

Old December 19th 17, 07:30 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
RichA[_6_]

Default Primitives and leftist environmentalists still trying to stopHawaii 30m telescope project

A report was done recently about changes in Western attitudes. 30 years ago, an American would be thrilled to pack up, move 1/2 way across country to get a better job, or A job. Today, there is vast resistance to this. Fear. Must be due to the fact male testosterone levels have dropped by about 1/2 on average in the same time period.
Old December 19th 17, 08:13 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Chris.B[_3_]

On Tuesday, 19 December 2017 07:30:06 UTC+1, RichA wrote:
A report was done recently about changes in Western attitudes. 30 years ago, an American would be thrilled to pack up, move 1/2 way across country to get a better job, or A job. Today, there is vast resistance to this. Fear. Must be due to the fact male testosterone levels have dropped by about 1/2 on average in the same time period.

Grow up. We're a rat colony. A rat colony if fed will vastly expand, then there is a huge die-off. No reason humans won't suffer the same fate.

Perhaps the human race is being subjected to stress tests formerly reserved for rats? Long term conditioning to continuous economic stresses as the incomes of middle and lower classes stagnate or fall in real terms? The inability to escape from relative poverty leads to depression and pharmaceutic dependence. With the export of countless manual job to China many lost pride in their skills and abilities.

Replacement, menial, service sector jobs offer no pride in a day's work well done. Mechanization and robotization have deskilled many demanding, manual tasks. There is no finished pile of widgets to count. Merely the drudgery of endless repetition with no end in sight until retirement or forced redundancy.

It would seem that the latest means of keeping a lid on global public anger is to supply plenty of [just affordable] toys and entertainments to satiate passive monkeys in a sensory deprivation cage. The VR Matrix constantly beckons and is only ever a sugar-coated pill away. So re_lax and be h_a_p_p_y. You've never had it so good! ;-)
Old December 19th 17, 03:13 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Mike Collins[_4_]

RichA wrote:
A report was done recently about changes in Western attitudes. 30 years
ago, an American would be thrilled to pack up, move 1/2 way across
country to get a better job, or A job. Today, there is vast resistance
to this. Fear. Must be due to the fact male testosterone levels have
dropped by about 1/2 on average in the same time period.

How far have you moved for jobs?
I’ve moved around the UK. I’ve seriously considered job offers in Canada,
Belgium, France and Saudi Arabia. My children are at opposite ends of the
country. My family is scattered across two continents. But it unlike you
we’re mostly left wing.
Right wing snowflakes need to stay close to mummy.

Old December 20th 17, 04:18 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
RichA[_6_]

On Tuesday, 19 December 2017 02:13:50 UTC-5, Chris.B wrote:
[...]

A good world war works better. The more toys someone gets, the less excitement they generate until none is generated.
Old December 20th 17, 04:20 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
RichA[_6_]

On Tuesday, 19 December 2017 09:13:42 UTC-5, Mike Collins wrote:
RichA wrote:
A report was done recently about changes in Western attitudes. 30 years
ago, an American would be thrilled to pack up, move 1/2 way across
country to get a better job, or A job. Today, there is vast resistance
to this. Fear. Must be due to the fact male testosterone levels have
dropped by about 1/2 on average in the same time period.

How far have you moved for jobs?
I’ve moved around the UK. I’ve seriously considered job offers in Canada,
Belgium, France and Saudi Arabia. My children are at opposite ends of the
country. My family is scattered across two continents. But it unlike you
we’re mostly left wing.
Right wing snowflakes need to stay close to mummy.

It's the leftists who resist moving. If it isn't New York (Manhattan), Miami or Los Angeles(maybe San Francisco) they don't want to know about it.
Old December 20th 17, 10:21 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Martin Brown[_3_]

On 19/12/2017 06:30, RichA wrote:
A report was done recently about changes in Western attitudes. 30
years ago, an American would be thrilled to pack up, move 1/2 way
across country to get a better job, or A job. Today, there is vast
resistance to this. Fear. Must be due to the fact male testosterone
levels have dropped by about 1/2 on average in the same time period.

And how far have you moved from where you were born?
Ever been out of state or got a passport?

I left my UK home town when I went to university and have variously
lived in Japan and Belgium as well as the UK. All good places to live.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown
Old December 20th 17, 11:04 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Mike Collins[_4_]

RichA wrote:
A report was done recently about changes in Western attitudes. 30 years
ago, an American would be thrilled to pack up, move 1/2 way across
country to get a better job, or A job. Today, there is vast resistance
to this. Fear. Must be due to the fact male testosterone levels have
dropped by about 1/2 on average in the same time period.

How far have you moved for jobs?
I’ve moved around the UK. I’ve seriously considered job offers in Canada,
Belgium, France and Saudi Arabia. My children are at opposite ends of the
country. My family is scattered across two continents. But it unlike you
we’re mostly left wing.
Right wing snowflakes need to stay close to mummy.

It's the leftists who resist moving. If it isn't New York (Manhattan),
Miami or Los Angeles(maybe San Francisco) they don't want to know about it.

Rubbish!. How about some facts, How far have you moved for work? Right wing
snowflakes need to stay close to mummy,

Old December 21st 17, 04:10 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Razzmatazz

On Saturday, December 16, 2017 at 6:43:42 PM UTC-6, RichA wrote:
Worthless. The consortium has agreed to a number of things (including tearing down a few perfectly GOOD, working telescopes already on Mauna Kea), but the savages (natives) and enviro-kooks are still wailing about this. Apparently, their (the primitive's) god is an idiot who opposes learning about space. Honestly, it might be better to just say f--- Hawaii, it's natives and idiot liberal population of dope-addicts (plus, more people on welfare in Hawaii by percentage of population) than the the other state. A mother of 2 gets $60,000 a year, untaxed, in welfare benefits. You'd have to earn $85,000 to net that much as a worker. Maybe it's time to move major astronomy projects solely to Chile or elsewhere?

They are not leftists blocking the construction. The University of Hawaii is on that island and all the "leftist" professors and students and other professionals that I know all want this telescope constructed up on Mauna Kea.. The people opposing this are the conservative monarchists who want Hawaii to become a kingdom again with the Hawaiian royalty as rulers, and to re-establish the old religion. They are radical rightists who never accepted the overthrow of the monarchy by US business interests back in 1893 (Dole pineapple and sugar cane interests).

They don't want to be part of the USA and some of the fiercest of them fly the old Hawaiian flag over their properties with warning signs that anyone trespassing on their ancestral lands will be hunted down and shot. It is an old simmering rebellion that has taken on a new more dangerous turn for the worst. A lot of us who have property there are more than a bit worried.

" Hawaii Independence Party
The Hawaii Independence Party is one of a few non-ethnic groups supporting the independence of Hawaii. It split from the Nation of Hawai'i in 2015. The party is centre-right-winged and holds conservative and libertarian values, such as making Hawaii a banking and trade center for the Pacific Rim."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hawaii...ignty_movement

Razzy