Brad Guth's Credentials

Old July 1st 06, 02:17 AM posted to rec.models.rockets,sci.space.history,sci.space.policy,rec.aviation.military

Default Brad Guth's Credentials

Rand Simberg wrote:
On 30 Jun 2006 11:30:07 -0700, in a place far, far away,
made the phosphor on my monitor glow in such a
way as to indicate that:

Rand Simberg wrote:
On 29 Jun 2006 17:41:16 -0700, in a place far, far away,
made the phosphor on my monitor glow in such a
way as to indicate that:

Kim Jong Il will be 81 in 15 years a year older than when his daddy
died.

Jomhuri-ye Eslami-ye Iran regime will be 42 years old in 15
years, which would make it twice as old as the regime of Shah Mohammad
Reza Pahlavi when he was overthrown in 1979.

We should proceed down the path of inspiring all the people of the
world with a consistent vision of the future while making consistent
and clear and fair offers of disarmament over the time frame mentioned.
This gives us the best shot at achieving our ends, regardless of the
situation throughout the world.

One can agree with this, and still think that in the near term your
fantasy (which you snipped) is exactly that.

I don't see what your problem is. If the 'fantasy' as you call it
makes sense to us and most people in the world, there always be those
that are hard to persuade, we shouldn't let those folks stop us from
doing what's best for everyone.

Yes, and if pigs had wings...

We'd have BBQ Pork Wings on July 4

Old July 1st 06, 03:09 AM posted to rec.models.rockets,sci.space.history,sci.space.policy,rec.aviation.military

Malcolm Reynolds wrote:
Good haiku, Brad!

suck and blow...salty
passive ... hulk ... dark and thick ... hard...
it was a freebie

Dear Mr. out-of-context borg and Third Reich collaborator). Up yours,
and may Usama bin Laden find your family a good example target of what
a true infidel represents.

May something of incest eat you and your family from the inside out.
-
Brad Guth

Old July 1st 06, 09:48 PM posted to rec.models.rockets,sci.space.history,sci.space.policy,rec.aviation.military

"Brad Guth" wrote in message
oups.com...

Dear Mr. out-of-context borg and Third Reich collaborator). Up yours,

Up my what, Brad? Buttcheeks again? Why are you so infatuated with people's nether regions?

and may Usama bin Laden find your family a good example target of what
a true infidel represents.

Why should I care what that smelly, hairy ape (or any of your other relatives) thinks of my family?

May something of incest eat you and your family from the inside out.

It's odd that you should say that, because that's exactly what the nanobacteria (which we engineered
specifically to target your individual DNA) is going to do to your brain.

Munch.

Munch.

Munch.

Old July 1st 06, 11:06 PM posted to rec.models.rockets,sci.space.history,sci.space.policy,rec.aviation.military

Malcolm Reynolds wrote:
Up my what, Brad? Buttcheeks again? Why are you so infatuated with people's nether regions?

and may Usama bin Laden find your family a good example target of what
a true infidel represents.

Why should I care what that smelly, hairy ape (or any of your other relatives) thinks of my family?

May something of incest eat you and your family from the inside out.

It's odd that you should say that, because that's exactly what the nanobacteria (which we engineered
specifically to target your individual DNA) is going to do to your brain.

Munch.

Munch.

Munch.

Since you folks and even our 100% snookered and summarily dumbfounded
"tomcat" are obviously not going to stop posting into this topic, in
which case I'll have to share and share alike by way of keeping my
battery of lose cannons, that are situated on my nifty poopdeck of
truth, as firing at will.

There's a damn good reason why the LSE-CM/ISS offers the one and only
way to fly, whereas besides the obvious need for physical protection,
it has to do with our frail DNA surviving any sort of home away from
home environment in spite of what our moon represents. There's not
much point in our having such a science and space-station depot in the
sky if your DNA can't take a licking and keep on ticking, as you can't
count on banked bone marrow or stem-cells saving each and every bad
day.

The surface of our moon is perhaps never going to be artificially
terraformed sufficiently into becoming suitable for us as naked humans
unless we biologically mutate into becoming a hybrid cloned species of
rad-hard DNA, whereas no amount of religious superiority, arrogance,
greed and bigotry is ever going to cut through or otherwise avoid the
reality of the truth. Even by earthshine is sufficiently lethal within
hours if not near instantly going TBI red-line if there's much of
anything cosmic or solar nasty going on. Even the bimonthly trail or
back/head pressure from Earth of what the solar wind has enstore, thats
extensively diverted around Earth because of our magnetosphere, isn't
exactly moderating the situation on behalf of the moon. In other
words, that moon environment would actually be better off as a small
planet if it were not for Earth.

I'm thinking it's technically possible to construct and reasonably
sustain a better lunar atmosphere that'll still remain as unacceptable
for us naked humans, but would otherwise greatly enhance our limited
DNA capability as to working within that new and improved environment
for days on end by wearing moonsuits and keeping ourselves as much as
possible within earthshine, or otherwise sufficiently underground.

And why may I ask, as to other than our going by the
infomercial-science via NASA/Apollo, do you folks insist upon thinking
the moon itself isn't a whole lot worse off than whatever the Van Allen
zone of death has to offer?

In place of using a given volume of water which is actually damn risky
business if doing such upon the moon, whereas utilizing solids of
slightly greater than 1 g/cm3 is becoming the norm, though even the use
of leaded polyethalene or various other UHMWPE substances isn't worth
squat up against the really hard-X-rays, as such even leaded
polyethalene represents a relatively low density shield that is nearly
transparent to gamma, though otherwise remains as unavoidably 100%
reactive. At least that's what the laws of physics and of hard-science
that's easily replicated proves is the case. Your basic "polyethalene"
substance is similar to the benefits of being surrounded by an equal
volume of water, except without all the containment and thermal dynamic
complications of what that water represents as being a non-structural
substance, potentially corrosive and essentially explosive within such
a near vacuum and otherwise hot environment, not to mention those
eventual leakage factors from micro impacts that are 100% unavoidable.

Supposed individuals that are actually a acting/reacting as a Usenet
collective that's very borg like in most every way, that are
steadfast/mindset in their naysay and otherwise opposition to each and
everything I'm having to say, are now into calling their Einstein god
and every other physics abiding soul a lunatic, and to think that most
of you don't even realize where the name "lunatic" originally came
from. How absolutely pathetic, and no wonder we had to perpetrate that
cold-war and sad that we're currently at war with the likes of Muslims
while building that 104 acre private city within a city of Iraq (isn't
Muslim oil precious, even if it's a little bloody?).

If you believe we've walked on the moon, in that case our naked moon
must have been protected by a very large and magical NASA/Apollo fart,
because without that protective surround of flatulence there's nothing
much other preventing the solar and cosmic influx from reacting as it
should have with the little amount of the local sodium and of a few
other heavy elements worth of atmosphere, thereby easily impacting into
the moon surface itself, as to be interacting and thereby creating
those extra secondary/recoil worth of nasty hard-X-rays. The moon
itself is as it should be very much the anti-cathode of what happens
naturally and unavoidably to such a naked orb as our moon.

From the physically dark and nasty deck of our moon, it simply is not

as such actually looking as though depicted by any of those phony and
otherwise bogus NASA/Apollo unfiltered Kodak moments, as that of a
guano island likeness of artificially modified terrain, of hosting such
few and eroded rocks as depicted within the foreground and otherwise
having those clean and soft rolling hills in the background, much less
likely of hosting an average 0.55 albedo that's also offering such a
thin clumping layer of what looks exactly like a 50/50 blend of
portland cement and cornmeal, along with those entirely empty cracks
within those close-up photographed big rocks that were making it look
as though their artificial dusting process hadn't quite accomplished
the intended task.

Our otherwise salty moon is unfortunately not actually that of a
relatively clean guano rock that's covered in such a thin passive
clumping layer of moon-dust that isn't the least bit electrostatic,
much less as having been so nicely xenon/artificial lamp spectrum
illuminated instead of by the raw solar spectrum. Whereas instead, it
should have been of a nearly coal like basalt hulk that's covered in a
physically dark and thick composite layer of solar and cosmic debris,
of carbon/soot plus all sorts of nifty minerals and rare elements
including countless spores that are most likely terminal because of
their having been exposed to getting double-IR roasted and summarily
TBI to death for at least many thousands of years since having lost
it's thick coating of salty ice, as ever since unavoidably having been
passing through the very same gauntlet of space as essentially naked
and thereby unavoidably receiving the fullest of influx and via gravity
holding onto the very same sorts of solar and cosmic energy and of
collecting radioactive substances as that of what our magnetosphere
accomplishes on behalf of representing our absolutely lethal Van Allen
belts, thereby making our moon worse off than any Van Allen zone
environment which itself can easily represent the average of 23 rads
per hour while shielded behind 2 g/cm2 (that's similar to 5/16" worth
of 5086 of aluminum), and that dosage can easily become 10 fold worse
off if it's having been one of those unusually bad solar/cosmic years,
with an individual event that can last for hours on end being worth a
greater dosage factor than our saturated instruments can manage to
record (we're talking several thousand rads/hr).

Of course our frail human DNA has certain limits as to how much of our
DNA can be damaged by such radiation at any one time without your body
going into auto-rejection mode, as it isn't based upon any such
stinking average annual dosage, but upon the right here and now of
whatever is being made available at the time and place of any given
space travel or of those supposed EVA associations with that of our
fully reactive and unavoidably radioactive moon, and if that's within
moonsuits offering less than half the shielding benefit is obviously
going to allow a greater dosage than any attenuation afforded by the 2
g/cm2 worth of aluminum. Of course, spacecrafts and moonsuits
themselves are going to unavoidably represent additional reactive
elements for the local, solar and cosmic gamma radiation to interact
with, that'll unavoidably create those secondary/recoil contributions
of the much nastier DNA killings via X-rays. Having a cash of your own
banked bone marrow doesn't represent a 100% insurance plan if for
example your eyes were damaged, and even at best the access to that
banked bone marrow and stem-cells could be as much as 5 days away
unless you've got an express form of returning yourself to Earth.

I guess that's why I've elected on behalf of my LSE-CM/ISS to having
the 50t/m2 or 5 kg/cm2 as the shield for the mostly basalt composite
hull of the 256e6 tonne CM/ISS, as representing my primary insurance
plan, especially since being continually situated in front of that
nasty moon and only 60,000 km away from what has been officially
recorded as representing the hottest local source of gamma and X-rays.
Unfortunately we still have nothing of any science platform situated
within LL-1, therefore hard-science numbers are difficult to impossible
to extract or even speculate since that nearby nullification zone has
been kept scientifically as taboo/nondisclosure as the moon itself.

Basically, we know a whole lot more about all of those Iraqi WMD and of
where Usama bin Laden is camping out than we do about LL-1.
-
Brad Guth

Old July 2nd 06, 01:58 AM posted to rec.models.rockets,sci.space.history,sci.space.policy,rec.aviation.military

"Brad Guth" wrote in message
ups.com...

Since you folks and even our 100% snookered and summarily dumbfounded

Actually, it's YOU, Brad, who is 100% snookered and dumb.

And nobody reads your 1000+ lines of bull**** psycho-drivel, so why do you bother?

Munch...

Munch...

Munch!

Old July 2nd 06, 03:45 AM posted to rec.models.rockets,sci.space.history,sci.space.policy,rec.aviation.military

He right Brad, I don't read them either, I mean, I may skim thru a line
or two or three but that's about it. I get thru a few lines and it's
all the same, so I stop.

I'm being sincere here, lets see you do the same.

Malcolm Reynolds wrote:
ups.com...

Old July 2nd 06, 12:10 PM posted to rec.models.rockets,sci.space.history,sci.space.policy,rec.aviation.military
tomcat

Brad Guth wrote:
Malcolm Reynolds wrote:
[...]

From the physically dark and nasty deck of our moon, it simply is not

[...]

Brad, as I once mentioned, the Astronauts on the Moon are not going to
dance around the uranium mine in the nude. You don't do that on Alien
Planets, Planetoids, and Moons.

Those Astronauts will be protected by their spacesuits, by their
vehicles, by their habitats, and deep underground tunnels, rooms, and
quarters. They might even bring some radiation protecting Beta Lights
with them too.

What are Beta Lights?

tomcat

Old July 2nd 06, 09:17 PM posted to rec.models.rockets,sci.space.history,sci.space.policy,rec.aviation.military
Brad Guth[_1_]

tomcat wrote:
Brad, as I once mentioned, the Astronauts on the Moon are not going to
dance around the uranium mine in the nude. You don't do that on Alien
Planets, Planetoids, and Moons.

Those Astronauts will be protected by their spacesuits, by their
vehicles, by their habitats, and deep underground tunnels, rooms, and
quarters. They might even bring some radiation protecting Beta Lights
with them too.

Those moonsuits in places represented as little as 0.5 g/cm2 worth of
shielding mass, and that's much less than a tenth of an inch of
aluminum, and otherwise at best being worth 1 g/cm2 or 0.156" of
aluminum. That's not going to buy your DNA frail butt more than 1.5%
reduction in hard-X-rays and perhaps not a 0.15% reduction in gamma. I
suppose wearing a lead cup might bring their testicles into the realm
of having as much a 5 g/cm2 worth of shield that's worth a good 12%
reduction from hard-X-rays and perhaps worth another good 1% reduction
in gamma.

As I've informed you that I hadn't previously said anything that was
close to 13 rads/hr, at least not as pertaining space travels external
to the magnetosphere, whereas if our physically dark and nasty moon is
not evolved and you've headed yourself away from our sun, it should
become much less than that amount of dosage unless your butt is getting
nailed by a bad solar/cosmic event, in which case it really doesn't
matter how low the average dosage level is because, from a singular bad
event you are either dead or soon going to become dead unless you've
got one hell of a massive spacecraft protecting your frail DNA. Having
an extremely well shielded cash of your sub-frozen bone marrow and a
few of those spare stem-cells available might save the day, whereas
otherwise don't plan upon coming home unless you're in a body-bag.

I had actually said many times that the Van Allen belt environment that
can offer an average of 23 rads/hr while shielded by 2g/cm2 (that's
roughly 5/16" worth of 5086 aluminum) is derived from a sufficiently
hard-science matter of fact, and as such is less TBI worthy than being
situated on the gamma and hard-X-ray moon of ours while using that same
2 g/cm2 worth of shielding, and that's only recently become a matter of
scientific fact because our moon having been recorded as being much
worse off than what the well known bad parts of our Van Allen expanse
has to offer. Therefore, I wouldn't expect a moonsuit dosage of
anything less than 50 rads/hr if it's a relatively passive solar day,
and otherwise we're talking several hundreds of rads/hr if it's a
somewhat more active solar day, with a truly bad solar day offering
several thousands of rads/hr that have frequently gone entirely off
scale upon having saturated the various detection instruments we've got
situated external to our magnetosphere's Van Allen expanse. However,
if our sun goes into a nearly passive mode is also when the most lethal
dosage of cosmic influx gets through. So, if you are out and about as
moonsuit walking on that physically dark and nasty moon of ours, you
are sort of in a no-win situation, especially getting double-IR and
unavoidably gamma plus extra X-ray TBI dosage worthy by day.

While on the moon, unless you're situated within a very small diameter
but otherwise deep crater, you're unavoidably surrounded by at least a
km radius of absolutely nasty badlands, therefore count on 3.14e6 m2
worth of whatever's locally radioactive and otherwise being unavoidably
reactive to the cosmic and solar influx as being of contributing
factors to the demise of your frail DNA. Since there's supposedly such
a slight amount of surface atmosphere to work with, that's regardless
still unfortunately capable of being nicely reactive (especially
reactive if there's heavy elements such a Rn222 are available), and
thereby affording hardly any measurable attenuation of whatever is
coming off each and every square meter of that naked moon, whereas such
each m2 doesn't actually have to represent all that much individual
gamma and hard-X-ray dosage. A few local millirads/m2/hr times 3.14e6
and your DNA is going to be seriously fried from all directions, as
well as from the inside out as that local and whatever influx gamma
interacts with the bone and bone marrow of your own body. And, since
it's of an environment that's no longer representing itself as a given
point source of radiation, but that of a surrounding terrain of
radioactive and otherwise unavoidably reactive badlands, as such
there's nothing much you can do to save your soul, other than getting
the hell out of there as soon as possible or going deep underground,
because it's simply not practical much less affordable or even
technically as of yet doable to deliver a necessary amount of suitable
shield material to that moon of ours, that is without such an effort
creating yet another delivery impact crater.

Of course, if we had the efficient 'tomcat' VTOL spaceplane with it's
nifty million pound payload capability, as such we could obviously go
to/from that nasty sucker of a moon as often as we'd like and as
quickly as perhaps managing such within 7 day round trips, spending as
little as an hour on the earthshine illuminated deck where the local
reactive environment is getting least impacted by the solar influx. Of
course, just having to nearby orbit that nasty moon of ours in simply
not going to represent a safe margin of crew and passender safety,
fudge factor or that of any measurable attenuation factor from being
fully exposed to that nasty lunar surface that's more than a wee bit
radioactive as well as remaining unavoidably reactive for as far as
that spaceplane can see, whereas we are talking about a 600 km or
better radius, of at least getting nailed by 1.13e12 m2 of exposure,
that which the extremely large but otherwise relatively low density
spaceplane has to contend with. Thus how much shield mass and/or
volume of whatever's similar to water is that of our 'tomcat'
spaceplane planning upon accommodating for benefiting that of the crew
and passenders, or is having a one-way ticket to ride and certain death
their one and only viable option?

Venus on the other hand offers whatever DNA considerably less of the
nasty solar and cosmic influx as getting through to that geothermally
toasty surface environment, therefore at least the likes of such lethal
cosmic and solar radiation that's seriously bad for one's DNA is simply
less than right here on mother Earth.
-
Brad Guth

Old July 2nd 06, 09:28 PM posted to rec.models.rockets,sci.space.history,sci.space.policy,rec.aviation.military
tomcat

Brad Guth wrote:
tomcat wrote:
[...]

I really think NASA got hold of some top notch, and probably
classified, radiation blocking material(s) which they used but told no
one about. The Apollo Program had America's highest priority. That
would get the 'stuff' from the Army or wherever.

We now know about polyethelene. The Army has a derivative that is even
better. How long they have had it is unknown -- possibily decades.
And, I am still curious about those 13 rad/hr panels and radiation
blocking Beta Lights.

tomcat

Old July 3rd 06, 01:08 AM posted to rec.models.rockets,sci.space.history,sci.space.policy,rec.aviation.military
tomcat

wrote:
Look, there's a difference between science and faith and
pseudo-science. Science is what you can do in a lab, like the
experiment I recounted for you in detail. Faith is something you know
from some source beyond experiment. Pesudo-science is just lies trying
to justify one's faith by picking an choosing what you want from
science, and then just making **** up and say its real. Pseudo-science
is bad religion and bad science- the worst of both. Pseudo-science
undermines faith to the extent the ill-informed and illogical believe
the bull****. Pseudo-science undermines scientific advance. As Joe
Campbell was fond of saying, the hero task of this age is to have a
religious insight that is scientifically defensible and bring science
and faith together in a new age of enlightenment. This hasn't happened
yet, and it won't happen if we cave in to the pseudo-scientific
bull**** out there.

The problem I have with tomass' commentary is that he implies the
double slit experiment cares about whether we look at it or not - in a
conventional sense. WRONG! He implies that the experiment tells us
there's scientific evidence that the universe cares about what we
think. WRONG! He implies that the experiment shows that WE control
the universe with our minds. WRONG!

What William is doing now is called a 'Strawman Argument'. It is a
fallacy. In it he states that tomcat imparts feelings to those tricky
little photons. False. He further states that tomcat imparts feelings
to the universe. False. Then, he states that tomcat holds that people
can control the universe with our minds.

I have never stated that either myself or just anyone can control the
universe. I stated the facts that 'remote viewing 'and 'psychic
phenomena' are real. I further stated that the USAF has attempted to
get funding to study 'psychic teleportation'. These are all facts.

If so much as a single case can be verified that someone's mind altered
our physical world, then the point that it is possible that the mind
can do these things is established. This is what tomcat said, not
"that the experiment shows that WE control the universe with our
minds." In fact, I doubt that William Mook controls anything with his
.. . . 'mind'.

Now, we may indeed be able to effect experiments with our conventional
observations of them, the universe may care about our feelings and we
may be able to some day concoct experiments to demonstrate this, and we
may actually be able to choose the path through the many potential
pathways in our life by thinking alone and we may be able to
demonstrate this somehow someday. The problem is the double slit
experiment in all its variations, including the very interesting
experiments done by Japanese researchers in the 1960s involving
electrons, doesn't do any of these things. It suggests that our
understanding of mundane reality is deeply flawed. That's about it.
And that's the best thing we can say.

Yes, William Mook's understanding of mundane reality is deeply flawed.
I agree. "That's about it." Again complete agreement. "And that's
the best thing we can say." I am in total and absolute agreement.

Why do we not say more - as scientists? Because if we say more we're
not doing science. If we assert things that are not true, we undermine
the potential we have created. If we say we know more than we do, if
we lie like that, then we block the ability to learn. We must first
say what we do not know, before we can even hope to learn more.
Guthball and tomass don't do that. They assert all sorts of things
without evidence because it feels good. It they said clearly what
they were doing, I would have no problem with them. But when they say
its science, and all the other bull**** they say, it irritates me. It
irritates me enough to call them on it.

"We must first say what we do not know, before we can even hope to
learn more. Guthball and tomass don't do that. They assert all sorts
of things without evidence because it feels good."

William Mook has asserted that "Guthball and tomass" don't say what
they don't know and that they "assert all sorts of things without
evidence because it feels good."

William Mook asserted this wouldn't admit that he doesn't know what
Brad Guth and tomcat know, or don't know for that matter. And,
furthermore, he purports this to be a fact but provides no evidence
whatsoever. And, I'll bet that he said this because it made him,
William Mook, feel good.

Finally, I want to say what I believe. I believe there are three
levels of reality accessible to human understanding. The first is the
physical world. Everyday mundane reality. The world of our senses.
The world we have evolved in and operate with every day. The second is
the quantum world. This is the world of the very small - beyond our
direct experience, but accessible with experiment. Then, there is the
psychological world. The world created by our thoughts and feelings
and deeper mental capacity, which some might call spiritual.

William needs to be reminded that his 'beliefs' are unimportant by his
own expressed convictions. So why does he state them? What follows is
an analysis, of sorts, but is totally unfounded. No evidence is
presented whatsoever.

It sounds a little like Air, Earth, Fire, and Water to me. He then
adds: very small, beyond direct experience, psychological world,
thoughts, feelings, mental, and spiritual. He provides no evidence
whatsoever for any of these assertions. Some of William's vaporous
thoughts I would guess. He needs to stick to science.

The physical world is a side effect of the operation of the quantum
world. The mental world is a side effect of the operation of the
physical world - as I've described. This much science can find reason
for.

Where's the evidence? Mook holds that consciousness or mind pops up
from matter. He sees it as a little butterfly in a steel mill. There
is no evidence for this, however. He needs to tell us where the steel
mill is so that we can hunt for the butterfly. It must be caught,
photographed, DNA tested, examined, and psychanalyzed. This, however,
has not been done as of this writing.

As an article of faith, not of science (yet), one may argue that it is
very satisfying to believe the quantum world is a side effect of the
mental world. Closing the loop so to speak. And, it may be that
non-local effects which correlated particles are capable of, may one
day show us how this works. Maybe not. But the correlated events of
the double slit experiment is suggestive ONLY.

William Mook has left a lot unsaid here. There has been a lot of water
over the dam since the Double Slit Experiment. This experiment dates
to the beginning of the 20th Century.

Larry Dossey, is very much into metaphysics, and a very honest
individual, says that nonlocal events have three important qualities
that distinguish them from the physical world: They are correlated and
this correlation is unmediated, unmitigated, and immediate. Events are
acausally interrelated.

Well this is very much what mystics believe about life in general.
Enlightened souls are individual personalities who have given up
worrying about the mundane because they know they will be perfectly
provided for and protected by seeming chance events that will appear at
a time and place that allows the perfect unfoldment of their lives.

There is no SCIENTIFIC evidence for such a belief. But the acausal
nature of both the experimental result and the mystical belief is
suggestive. And to those of faith, conclusive. But we must always be
honest and point out where we have faith, and where we have scientific
evidence. A scientific result may inspire faith, but there is no
scientific result that says such faith is anything more than faith has
always been. To suggest otherwise is be dishonest to the detriment of
both science and faith. Hence my irritation at guthball and tomass.

" . . . nonlocal events have three important qualities that distinguish
them from the physical world: They are correlated and this correlation
is unmediated, unmitigated, and immediate. Events are acausally
interrelated."

While I maintain the 'possibility' of 'mind over matter' I have never
made any assertion of their "correlation" or the attributes thereof.
This is just another STRAWMAN. This is typical of Mook.

tomcat