Happy V. I. Day {Victory in Iraq}

Old December 23rd 11, 10:56 AM posted to sci.military.naval,rec.aviation.military,us.military.army,sci.space.policy,alt.politics
Bob Haller

Default Happy V. I. Day {Victory in Iraq}

On Dec 22, 11:13*pm, "Greg \(Strider\) Moore"
wrote:
"bob haller" *wrote in message

Saddam was a ruthless take no prisoners brutal ruler.

Unfortunately thats exactly what was needed in that part of the
world..........

Really? *Tell the people there that. *No country NEEDS a brutal ruler..

the region did, saddam was like a nuclear plant control rod, a
unfortunate necessity. control rods cut power production a little but
prevent the plant from exploding.

so after 10 years and so many deaths, near 5000 american lives, and
those maimed by IEDs. plus the 100s of thousands of iraquis

if the country falls into a civil war, and a new leader is anti
american and perhaps partners with Iran will you still believe bush
did a good thing?

saddam kept iran busy, with him gone iran has set *their goals bigger,
to be a regional nuclear power

They've had the goal all along.

yeah but saddam kept iran busy.........

now iran has taken a leadership roll in the region

Old December 23rd 11, 11:17 AM posted to sci.military.naval,rec.aviation.military,us.military.army,sci.space.policy,alt.politics
Dan[_6_]

On 12/23/2011 4:56 AM, bob haller wrote:
now iran has taken a leadership roll in the region

Probably more like a bagel.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired
Old December 23rd 11, 03:29 PM posted to sci.military.naval,rec.aviation.military,us.military.army,sci.space.policy,alt.politics
Bob Haller

On Dec 23, 6:17*am, Dan wrote:
On 12/23/2011 4:56 AM, bob haller wrote:

now iran has taken a leadership roll in the region

* *Probably more like a bagel.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

joking about the situation doesnt fix it.

Old December 23rd 11, 07:40 PM posted to sci.military.naval,rec.aviation.military,us.military.army,sci.space.policy,alt.politics
Dan[_6_]

On 12/23/2011 9:29 AM, bob haller wrote:
On Dec 23, 6:17 am, wrote:
On 12/23/2011 4:56 AM, bob haller wrote:

now iran has taken a leadership roll in the region

Probably more like a bagel.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

joking about the situation doesnt fix it.

it was more of a jab at your spelling.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired
Old December 24th 11, 01:53 PM posted to sci.military.naval,rec.aviation.military,us.military.army,sci.space.policy,alt.politics
Dean Markley

On Dec 23, 10:29*am, bob haller wrote:
On Dec 23, 6:17*am, Dan wrote:

On 12/23/2011 4:56 AM, bob haller wrote:

now iran has taken a leadership roll in the region

* *Probably more like a bagel.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

joking about the situation doesnt fix it.

No one in this newsgroup is going to fix it. Learn to lighten up.
Old December 24th 11, 06:31 PM posted to sci.military.naval,rec.aviation.military,us.military.army,sci.space.policy,alt.politics
Bob Haller

joking about the situation doesnt fix it.

No one in this newsgroup is going to fix it. *Learn to lighten up.

this thread started extolling our great success bringing peace and
democracy to iraq.

almost immediately IEDs were exploding all over iraq