the 99%

Old October 27th 11, 08:01 AM posted to alt.philosophy,alt.politics,sci.military.naval,sci.space.policy,misc.invest.stocks
William Mook[_2_]

Default the 99%

Mario Savio
http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=jHJLMU9Wptw

Unless you're free - the machine will be prevented from working at
all!

One answer is to tax the 1% at 1%.

If an agrarian society taxes land, and
an industrial society taxes production, and
a retail society taxes sales and income

What does a knowledge society tax?

??????????

Nobel Laureat James Tobin says you tax stock and currency
transactions.

Consider that last year the USA provided on its lands, in its
factories, offices and retail shops, $14.12 trillion in wealth.

Consider now that last year the USA in its stock markets traded $3.3
QUADRILLION in wealth.

If we taxed 1% at 1% - we would raise $33 trillion per year. This
would allow us to zero out all other taxes, pay off the national debt
in one year, and have $16 trillion left over.

Can Wall Street afford such a tax?

Yes! Today according to literature from major brokerage firms, the
transaction costs associated with trading stock amount to 4%.

According to recent insurance company findings and recent court cases,
stock traders are defrauded out of 0.8% of each transaction through
various means like look-back trading (the type Hillary Clinton got
rich on when dealing with Tyson) and other similar schemes.

So, yes Wall Street can afford it.

So, that's one thing we can do.

The other is to reign in military spending.

Emperor of the World
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcvjoWOwnn4

Chalmers Johnson - Speaking Freely
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPr_T7btVgA

Old October 27th 11, 09:53 AM posted to alt.philosophy,alt.atheism,sci.military.naval,sci.space.policy,misc.invest.stocks
RayLopez99

On Oct 27, 5:16*am, Lawyerkill wrote:
On Oct 26, 4:50*pm, "Dr. Vincent Quin, Ph.D."
wrote:

Lawyerkill wrote:
On Oct 26, 3:32 pm, "Dr. Vincent Quin, Ph.D."
wrote:

Jim H. wrote:

Truth will set you free John 8:32

Wonderful quote from one of the least truthful of the gospel writers.

Least truthful? *They were all truthful...Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John.

from God to them to us
;-)

Nonsense, we don't even know who wrote the books

Luke wrote Luke.

now you know
;-)

Why don't you forward your evidence to Biblical Archaeology Review and
Biblical Review if you have information on who the gospel were. Maybe
copy it to James Charlesworth I'm sure he would be very interested. I
think he's still at Princeton Theological Seminary.

If you believe your statements on faith, that's fine with me.

Have you read the books by Bart Ehrman on this issue?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bart_D._Ehrman

they are pretty good. He is a fundamentalist Christian turned
agnostic after his Baptist literal beliefs were shown to be false.
That's what happens IMO when you try to use the Bible as an mistake-
free text that has zero contradictions and is a work of science, as
the Creationists do. The Bible is not a mathematically precise
inerrant work.

RL
Old October 27th 11, 12:01 PM posted to alt.philosophy,alt.atheism,sci.military.naval,sci.space.policy,misc.invest.stocks
Lawyerkill

wrote:

Jim H. wrote:

[...]

I've read a few books by Ehrman. I've read, "Misquoting Jesus-The
Story Behind Who Changed the Bible and Why" by Ehrman, but I also
read, "Misquoting Truth - A Guide to the Fallacies of Bart Ehrman's
Misquoting Jesus: by Timothy Paul Jones. I've read a few hundred
scholarly books on both sides of the issue.and you are right, the
bible is not an inerrant work.

Old October 27th 11, 01:08 PM posted to alt.philosophy,alt.atheism,sci.military.naval,sci.space.policy,misc.invest.stocks
Lawyerkill

wrote:

Jim H. wrote:

[...]

PS I read an interesting book a while ago, Quantum Questions-Mystical
Writings of the World's Greatest Physicist" by Ken Wilber. It has the
writing by Heisenberg, Schroedinger, Einstein, Jeans, Planck and Pauli
that talk about Mysticism. Writings like Pauli's "Embracing the
Rational and the Mystical, Planck's "The Mystery of Our Being",
Heisenberg's "The Debate between Plato and Democritus" etc..
Old October 27th 11, 01:11 PM posted to alt.philosophy,alt.atheism,sci.military.naval,sci.space.policy,misc.invest.stocks
Lawyerkill

wrote:

Jim H. wrote:

[...]

PS (continued) That started me on Eastern mysticism and I'm currently
readinf a reissue of," The TAO of Physics" by Capra. This stuff is a
lot more interesting than the market.
Old October 27th 11, 01:30 PM posted to alt.philosophy,alt.atheism,sci.military.naval,sci.space.policy,misc.invest.stocks
Dr. Vincent Quin, Ph.D.

wrote:

Jim H. wrote:

Truth will set you free John 8:32

Wonderful quote from one of the least truthful of the gospel writers.

Least truthful? They were all truthful...Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John.

from God to them to us

;-)

Nonsense, we don't even know who wrote the books

Luke wrote Luke.

now you know
;-)

Why don't you forward your evidence to Biblical Archaeology Review

Son, this is usenet, not BAR...if you've got something, post it.

(see logic fallacy, appeal to authority..you atheists are as dense, and dumb, as any)
;-)
Old October 27th 11, 02:10 PM posted to alt.philosophy,alt.atheism,sci.military.naval,sci.space.policy,misc.invest.stocks
Lawyerkill

wrote:

Jim H. wrote:

Truth will set you free John 8:32

Wonderful quote from one of the least truthful of the gospel writers.

Least truthful? *They were all truthful...Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John.

from God to them to us

;-)

Nonsense, we don't even know who wrote the books

Luke wrote Luke.

now you know
;-)

Why don't you forward your evidence to Biblical Archaeology Review

Son, this is usenet, not BAR...if you've got something, post it.

(see logic fallacy, appeal to authority..you atheists are as dense, and dumb, as any)
;-)

Yes, I well aware that this is the usenet where any idiot can put DR.
before their name and Ph.D after their name and some other idiot would
believe it.

Yes, see logic fallacy. Telling you to present your evidence to BAR
is not an appeal to authority, talk about dense, geez!. And BTW, using
an authorities in an argument is not a fallacy in logic. If I was to
use BAR in an argument it is not an appeal to authority, because they
are an authority.

"Argumentum ad verecundiam (argument or appeal to authority). This
fallacy occurs when someone tries to demonstrate the truth of a
proposition by citing some person who agrees, even though that person
may have no expertise in the given area. For instance, some people
like to quote Einstein's opinions about politics (he tended to have
fairly left-wing views), as though Einstein were a political
philosopher rather than a physicist. Of course, it is not a fallacy at
all to rely on authorities whose expertise relates to the question at
hand, especially with regard to questions of fact that could not
easily be answered by a layman -- for instance, it makes perfect sense
to quote Stephen Hawking on the subject of black holes."

I can tell you are clueless both on logic and the bible.

BTW you're the one that claims that the gospels are true so it is your
burden of proof, I can simply deny your claims and I do.
Old October 27th 11, 02:37 PM posted to alt.philosophy,alt.atheism,sci.military.naval,sci.space.policy,misc.invest.stocks
Lawyerkill

wrote:

Jim H. wrote:

Truth will set you free John 8:32

Wonderful quote from one of the least truthful of the gospel writers.

Least truthful? *They were all truthful...Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John.

from God to them to us

;-)

Nonsense, we don't even know who wrote the books

Luke wrote Luke.

now you know
;-)

Why don't you forward your evidence to Biblical Archaeology Review

Son, this is usenet, not BAR...if you've got something, post it.

(see logic fallacy, appeal to authority..you atheists are as dense, and dumb, as any)
;-)

Oh and about Mark 16:8, the earliest MS of Mark has no
resurrection,the original account by
Mark ended with Jesus' crucifixion and burial and does not include
Mark
16:9-20.

I refer you to , "Bible Review" (an authority)for August 2001 they
have an article, " To Be
Continued...The many endings of the Gospel of Mark."

Or you can debate that issue with world renown pseudepigraphic scholar
James H. Charlesworth (an authority) who points out that the only
ancient Greek manuscript that contains the entire New Testament , the
Codex Sinaiticus, did not include the Marcan Appendix.

Old October 27th 11, 03:34 PM posted to alt.philosophy,alt.atheism,sci.military.naval,sci.space.policy,misc.invest.stocks
Lawyerkill

wrote:

Jim H. wrote:

Truth will set you free John 8:32

Wonderful quote from one of the least truthful of the gospel writers.

Least truthful? *They were all truthful...Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John.

from God to them to us

;-)

Nonsense, we don't even know who wrote the books

Luke wrote Luke.

now you know
;-)

Why don't you forward your evidence to Biblical Archaeology Review

Son, this is usenet, not BAR...if you've got something, post it.

(see logic fallacy, appeal to authority..you atheists are as dense, and dumb, as any)
;-)

BTW, do you own like 30 or 40 cats?
Old October 27th 11, 06:20 PM posted to alt.philosophy,alt.atheism,sci.military.naval,sci.space.policy,misc.invest.stocks
Paul Madarasz[_2_]

wrote:

Jim H. wrote:

[...]

Something you might find interesting is _How the Hippies Saved
Physics_, by David Kaiser. It's a history of the "Fundamental Fysiks
Group", a bunch of young acid-dropping physicists in the 70s, of which
Capra was one.
--
"Growth for the sake of growth is the ideology of the cancer cell."
-- Ed Abbey