How did they get the Gemini-Rogallo test vehicle airborne? [ Big G Gemini Question]

Old November 18th 04, 03:34 AM
DHE

"Pat Flannery" wrote in message

OM wrote:

...Remember that the 1/48th was planograph reduced from the 1/24th, as
with most of Revell's space kits. The sole exception I can recall was
the 1/24th really awful Block I CSM stack, which deviated from the
produced-far-more-than-should-be-legally-allowed CSM "Over The
Rainbow" 1/96 CSM stack.

Uh...OM.... the big Revell CSM was in 1/48th scale; not 1/24th.
And the 1/48th scale Mercury/Gemini combo kit predated the 1/24th scale
Gemini by years.
The 1/24th scale Gemini kit/Gemini mockup contest was around 1967,
according to this:
http://www.clothmonkey.com/gemini.htm
The only other 1/24th scale spacecraft they did was Vostok; why they
never did a Mercury is beyond me.
My current dilemma is determine how exactly I acquired the Friendship 7
patch- the Molly Brown and Liberty Bell 7 patches came with the Gus
Grissom Memorial Mercury/Gemini set, but where the hell did the Glenn
patch come from? The Mercury/Atlas set?

Pat

Wow ... I remember talking to one of my co-workers just a couple of years
ago about this ad. Along the lines of "I wonder who won it?" Now I know.

Old November 18th 04, 04:45 AM
OM

On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 04:33:27 -0600, Pat Flannery
wrote:

Uh...OM.... the big Revell CSM was in 1/48th scale; not 1/24th.

....Yeah, sue me. I get the scales mixed up all the ****ing time these
days. It's probably why I've convinced myself that 12" isn't as long
as some people claim it is :-P

OM

- General George S. Patton, Jr
Old November 18th 04, 09:27 AM
Pat Flannery

DHE wrote:

Wow ... I remember talking to one of my co-workers just a couple of years
ago about this ad. Along the lines of "I wonder who won it?" Now I know.

I wanted that thing so bad I could taste it.

Pat

Old November 18th 04, 09:43 AM
Pat Flannery

OM wrote:

...Yeah, sue me. I get the scales mixed up all the ****ing time these
days. It's probably why I've convinced myself that 12" isn't as long
as some people claim it is :-P

And here I thought you were doubling everything again, like when you
planned that expedition to build a bridge between the twin peaks of
Kilimanjaro...or was it to put your dental bridge between the four peaks
on the chest of that Russian stripper you know. What was her
name...Aelita? Is that with two "l"s or four? :-P

Old December 6th 04, 01:38 AM
Scott Hedrick

"Pat Flannery" wrote in message
You used to get one of those kits when you signed up for The Science
Service and got their stick-in stamp illustration books for 10 cents
(IIRC). (I can still taste the adhesive on those stamps.)

I still have some of those books in storage.

NASA PDF Mercury, Gemini, Apollo reports free online Rusty Barton History 81 October 3rd 04 05:33 PM
Engineers test final engine for NASA's return to flight mission Jacques van Oene Space Shuttle 2 August 25th 04 04:55 AM
Sad turn Charleston Space Shuttle 93 August 12th 03 02:31 AM
Augment Manned Missions with Unmanned Test Flights? Dosco Jones Space Shuttle 0 July 13th 03 03:30 AM