troll (assumed) responses

Old June 17th 04, 04:39 AM
Charleston

"rk" wrote:
Paul Blay wrote:

"rk" wrote ...
Charleston wrote:
Is anyone else having a problem accessing my website and/or these two
links?

http://www.challengerdisaster.info/A...fig%20Drawing%
20T -10%20Hold.jpg

http://www.challengerdisaster.info/A...fig%20Drawing%
20T -10%20Hold.gif

However, some possible problem areas may be line wrap or the spaces in
the file names, represented as "%20"'s in the url.

snipitty snip
Apart from which it looks ugly.

The only time I want to see %nn's in a URL is when they are part of a
Google search term (or similar). They really don't belong in a fixed
link. I'm not overly keen on Capital Letters in URL's either.

That was another lesson learned for me. Initially, running a www server

on a
Windows NT-based machine, I had a good mixture of lower and upper case
letters, made the names much more readable, and it was case insensitive,
making it tolerant to differing inputs. Seemed like a good idea.

However, moving the site to a Linux-based machine, it became apparrent

that
that was a stupid thing to do, as the Linux server was case sensitive and

the
Microshaft FrontPage software wasn't quite so religious about preserving

case
during uploads. Thus, an operationg that was a pain in the butt became a
royal pain in the butt. So I try and do everything in lower case now.

Mixed case shouldn't be a problem here, however. But the conversation

does
bring back some painful memories.

Thanks for the pointers guys. I know there are a lot of Linux based sites
but I never knew why so many sites still used the underline and small
letters throughout their sites. I will rethink the way I put together links
since I don't have enough to worry about yet it would not be a big deal to
change them. I understand Linux has a lot of advantages as far as websites
go.

Daniel

Old June 17th 04, 04:57 AM
Hi Kevin!

On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 23:38:21 -0400, Kevin Willoughby
wrote:

In article , dg411
says...
even a
tyro would know that the VAB was never involved with
the stacking of any Saturn I/IB type boosters, until
after the last Saturn V had flown

Point of trivia: wouldn't the Skylab II stack have been set up in the
VAB on the milk stand concurrent with stacking Skylab I? They launched
within just a few days of each other...

....Yes, but it doesn't apply here to the A1 fire. Don't interject
facts into this that would confuse LaKotex any more than she obviously
is.

OM

- General George S. Patton, Jr
Old June 17th 04, 05:26 AM
Mary Shafer

On Tue, 15 Jun 2004 17:04:41 -0400, John Beaderstadt
wrote:

Heh heh. A month ago, Mrs Beady, Beady One and myself did The Magic
Kingdom and Epcot the first day, then Animal Kingdom and MGM and
Medieval Times the second. The third day we did KSC.

We never bothered with Mouseland. We went directly to KSC and stayed
there for days. This was back when we worked at Dryden and could use
our badges to get inside, though.

Mary

Old June 17th 04, 09:03 AM
Paul Blay

"Charleston" wrote ...
"rk" wrote:
Paul Blay wrote:
[...] I'm not overly keen on Capital Letters in URL's either.

Microshaft FrontPage software wasn't quite so religious about preserving
case during uploads. Thus, an operationg that was a pain in the butt
became a royal pain in the butt. So I try and do everything in lower case now.

Mixed case shouldn't be a problem here, however. But the conversation
does bring back some painful memories.

Thanks for the pointers guys.

No prob. Just goes to show that useful information may be found in almost
any thread - even this one. ;-)
Old June 17th 04, 06:00 PM
Andre Lieven

Kevin Willoughby ) writes:
In article , dg411
@FreeNet.Carleton.CA says...
even a
tyro would know that the VAB was never involved with
the stacking of any Saturn I/IB type boosters, until
after the last Saturn V had flown

Point of trivia: wouldn't the Skylab II stack have been set up in the
VAB on the milk stand concurrent with stacking Skylab I? They launched
within just a few days of each other...

Sure, thats possible/likely. My point was that the VAB was not even
close to relevent to any AS-204 issues, as that was six years
earlier.

Andre

--
" I'm a man... But, I can change... If I have to... I guess. "
The Man Prayer, Red Green.
Old June 17th 04, 09:00 PM
Gene DiGennaro

I did the Disney thing last fall with my family. Didn't get to KSC(
bummer) but I did get to see Kermit Weeks' Fantasy of Flight aviation
museum in nearby Kissimee. If you're into restored WW2 a/c, you won't
be disappointed. While we were there a Grumman F4F Wildcat landed on
the grass field and taxied right by us. The prop wash blew my hat off!
They also have a nice eatin' place there too!

Gene DiGennaro
Baltimore, Md.